Do you advocate Decentralization in an organization?
- When it comes to a larger organization that has offices at various locations, centralization cannot be followed. Decentralization is must for efficient performance.
- In an organization, there is definitely the need of experts in a team who can look after the specific tasks of an organization.
- The process is about involving everyone in the planning, and when inputs come from various people, the manager has more options to choose from.
- Decentralization is the other name of delegation of authority that enhances employees morale and encourages them to deliver better.
- It is essential that functions should be diversified in an organization. Also, on economic front it adds more employment opportunities.
- Decentralization can create a mismatch of work allocation. Some employees have to work more while some have to work less creating problems in organization.
- When a particular function is assigned to someone who alone is responsible for the work, it can lead to problems when he leaves the job.
- The process involves higher costs and can lead to the unwise practices of duplication of functions.
- It results in a complex organizational structure where it is tough to maintain uniformity leading the inefficiency in work.
- The decentralization results in the ego clashes between the employees that is not favorable for any organization.