ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY
- 1995 The top quark is discovered
- 1969 Concorde takes off on its maiden flight
- 1933 The film King Kong premieres
- US imposes international travel restrictions after first coronavirus death. The United States also advised its citizens not to travel to parts of South Korea and Italy, from where reports of coronavirus have appeared.
- Pakistan's Peshawar's Sunehri Masjid opens doors for women after 25 long years. Dozens of terrorist attacks took place near the mosque which led to its closure for women almost 25 years ago.
- SpaceX prototype spacecraft Startship blows up during pressure test. Starship SN1 is a test article for SpaceX's planned Starship and Super Heavy megarocket, designed to fly deep-space missions to the moon, Mars and beyond.
- Dronacharya awardee athletics coach Joginder Singh Saini dies. He was the chief coach of the Indian athletics team which won 18 medals, including eight golds, at the 1978 Asian Games
- Khelo India University Games | Panjab edges Pune, wins overall title. While a bunch of records were broken, swimmers Siddhant Sejwal of Panjab and Pune’s Sadhvi, who won five gold medals each, were adjudged the best.