Meghalaya PSC Question Papers - Meghalaya PSC Interview Questions and Answers updated on Mar 2019
Category: Placement Paper
Category: Placement Paper
According to Article.315 of the Constitution of India, there shall be a Public Service Commission for each State. Which the formation of the State of Meghalaya in 1971, the Meghalaya Public Service Commission came into existence on September 14th 1972.The first Office of the Commission was housed in the building of the Public works Department of Lower Lachumiere, Shillong -793001.
Owing to increase in the works load and staff members of the Commission the premises in the building of the Public work Department were found to be insufficient and very inconvenient. The Commission office was therefore shifted to the 1st floor of the House Shoe Building, Lower Lachumiere, Shillong-793001 in may, 1993.
Function of Public Service Commission:
The Role and Function of Public Service Commission have been specified in Article 320 of the Constitution of India.
1. It shall be the duty of the Union and the State Public Service Commissions to conduct examinations for appointments to the services of the Union and the services of the State respectively.
2. It shall also be the duty of the Union Public Service Commission, if requested by any two or more States so to do, to assist those States in framing and operating schemes of joint recruitment for any services for which candidates possessing special qualifications are required.
3. The Union Public Service Commission or the State Public Service Commission, as the case may be, shall be consulted:-
(a) On all matters relating to methods of recruitment to civil services and for civil posts.
(b) On the principles to be followed in making appointments to civil services and posts and in making promotions and transfers from one service to another and on the suitability of candidates for such appointments, promotions or transfers.
(c) On all disciplinary matters affecting a person serving under the Government of India or the Government of a State in a civil capacity, including memorials or petitions relating to such matters.
(d) On any claim by or in respect of a person who is serving or has served under the Government of India or the Government of a State or under the Crown in India or under the Government of an Indian State, in a civil capacity, that any costs incurred by him in defending legal proceedings instituted against him in respect of acts done or purporting to be done in the execution of his duty should be paid out of the Consolidated Fund of India, or, as the case may be, out of the Consolidated Fund of the State.
(e) On any claim for the award of a pension in respect of injuries sustained by a person while serving under the Government of India or the Government of a State.
4. Nothing in clause (3) shall require a Public Service Commission to be consulted as respects the manner in which any provision referred to in clause (4) of article 16 may be made or as respects the manner in which effect may be given to the provisions of article 335.
5. All regulations made under the proviso to clause (3) by the President or the Governor of a State shall be laid for not less than fourteen days before each House of Parliament or the House or each House of the Legislature of the State, as the case may be, as soon as possible after they are made, and shall be subject to such modifications, whether by way of repeal or amendment, as both Houses of Parliament or the House or both Houses of the Legislature of the State may make during the session in which they are so laid. In accordance with the provisions of the above article, the following are the function of the Meghalaya Public Service Commission:
--> Recruitment to services & posts under the State through conduct of competitive examinations.
--> Recruitment to services & posts under the State Government by Selection through Interviews.
--> Conduct of Half Yearly Departmental Examination in respect of certain services of the State, when the concerned Service Rules so prescribed.
--> Advising on the suitability of officers for appointment on promotion as well as transfer-on-deputation.
--> Advising the Government on all matters relating to methods of Recruitment to various services and posts.
--> Disciplinary cases relating to different civil services; and
--> Miscellaneous matters relating to grant of extra ordinary pensions, re-imbursement of legal expenses etc.
You have searched for
- Meghalaya PSC Model Question Papers
- Meghalaya PSC Model Interview questions
- Meghalaya PSC Model Interview Experience
- Meghalaya PSC Solved papers
- Meghalaya PSC Previous year model question papers
- Meghalaya PSC selection procedure