Tripura Public Commission Previous Year Question Paper
1. Fill in the blank with the suitable gerund :
He is hard of .....................
B) To be hearing
D) none of theese
2. Fill in the blank with the correct form of tense:
When I saw Ram he ......... cricket
B) will be playing
C) is playing
D) was playing
3. Select the correct tense.
Kiran had been working in a bank for some years.
A) Simple past
B) Past continuous
C) Past perfect contionuous
D) Past perfect.
4. Fill in the blank with the correct form of tense
C) had known
D) have known
5. Select the correct tense:
I had seen him earlier
A) past continuous
B) past perfect
C) past perfect continuous
D) Future perfect
6. Select the correct tense:
She had played carom
A) Future perfect
B) Past perfect
C) Present perfect
D) Simple present
7. Fill in the blank with the suitable article :
I saw............. one eyed man.
8. Fill in the blank with the suitable article :
Yesterday......... European called at my office
9. The Carbon dioxide dissolved in
A) enhances corrosion
B) suppresses corrosion
C) prevents corrosion
D) has no influence on corrosion
10. Nylon is a
11. One carat of diamond is
A) 100 mg
B) 200 mg
C) 300 mg
D) 400 mg
12.Sugar in blood and urine is tested with
A) Benedicts solution
B) Brine solution
C) Hypo solution
D) Iodine solution
13. TV antenna elements are made up of
14.Dry ice is
A) liquid nitrogen
B) purified ice
C) solid carbon dioxide
D) supercooled ice
15.The calorific value of the fuel is of the order
A) coal > peat > lignite > dried wood
B) peat > lignite > coal > dried wood
C) lignite > peat > coal > dried wood
D) coal > lignite > peat > dried wood
16. Which one of the following is correctly matched?
A) Ascorbic acid -- Vitamin
B) Insulin -- Antiseptic
C) Penicillin -- Antipyretic
D) Proteins -- Polysaccharide
17. Which hormone is responsible for ejection of milk?
18. Rhinoceros is unique to which of the following sanctuaries?
B) Gir forest
D) Jim Corbett
19. Which of the following is called as royal disease?
D) Colour blindness
20.Which one of the following is not a Vaccine?
A) Polio Vaccine
21. Mutation was discovered by
D) Hugo de Vries
22. The red colour of the blood is due to
C) vitamin B6
23. World Environmental Day is celebrated on ............. every year
A) 18th May
B) 5th June
C) 24th October
D) 25th December
24.The total number of Lok Sabha seats is
25. Vande Mataram was first sung at the session of the Indian National Congress in
26. Which of the following is an inland river port?
27. Which of the following materials was a famous commercial product in ancient Tamil Nadu exported to other places?
28. The Philosophers must be the Kings, Who said this?
A) Jawaharlal Nehru
D) Indira Gandhi
29. Who is the author of the book A Foreign Policy of India?
A) I.K. Gujral
B) B.G. Deshmukh
C) L.K. Advani
D) A.J. Toynbe
30. Which of the following largely influenced the Hindustani music?
A) Arab-Persian music
B) Persian music
C) Central Asian tradition
D) All of these