Tech Mahindra interview questions
Latest paper pattern of Tech Mahindra is given below:
Total Time : -1 hr.
Section A : General English (35 questions)
Section B : Number and Diagram series (20 questions Series )
Section C : Quantitative Aptitude (20 questions)
Note:There is no strict time limit on each section. You can start from any section.
Remember there is 1:1 negative marking
Each section was divided into 6 sections and they can be completed in 10 minutes.
Section 1: Quantitative Maths:
Section 2: Logical Reasoning
Questions And Answers
Section A: English
1. In the question below the sentences have been given in Direct/Indirect speech. From the given alternatives, choose the one which best expresses the given sentence in Indirect/Direct speech.
She said to her friend, "I know where is everyone"
A. She told that she knew where was everyone.
B. She told her friend that she knew where was everyone.
C. She told her friend that she knew where is everyone.
D. She told her friend that she knows where was everyon
Questions (-10) complete the sentence with appropriate words
2. You can have _ the chicken dish __ the fish dish for dinner tonight.
A. as, as
B. whether, or
C. either, or
D. Nne of these
3._ my aunt _ my uncle live in India.
A. Either, nor
C. Whether, or
D. None of these
4. Choose the one which can be substituted for the given word/sentence.
Medical study of skin and its diseases
5. In the question given below a part of the sentence is italicised and underlined. Below are given alternatives to the italicised part which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative.
Will you kindly open the knot?
D. No improvement
Select the most closely related the capital word
Rearrange the following five sentences in proper sequence so as to for a meaningful paragraph, then answer the questions given below them.
1.But, we all helped in the first few days.
2.Chandrapur is considered as a rural area.
3.Manohar was transferred to his office recently.
4.Initially he was not getting adjusted to the city life.
5.Now, Manohar is very proud of his colleagues.
6. Before that he was working in chandrapur branch of our office.
7. Which of the following should be the third sentence ?
8. Which of the following should be the second sentence ?
9. The young boy was not wearing ___________ cloths
D. None of these
A. To bring to together
B. Add a proof
C. Take rapidly
D. Jump and skip about
Section B : Quantitative Aptitude
11. Which of the following integers has most number of divisors?
Explanation: 176 = 2,4,8,11,16,22,44,88
182 = 2,7,13,14,26,91
99 = 3, 9, 11, 33
12. A man goes from city A to city B situated 60 kms apart by a boat. His onward journey was with the stream while the return journey was an upstream journey. It took him four and half hours to complete the round trip. If the speed of the stream is 10 km/hr, how long did it take him to complete the onward journey?
1) 3 hours
2) 3.5 hours
3) 2.25 hours
4) 1.5 hours
13. If the wheel of a bicycle makes 560 revolutions in travelling 1.1 km, what is its radius?
1) 31.25 cm
2) 37.75 cm
3) 35.15 cm
4) 11.25 cm
14. A man driving his bike at 24 kmph reaches his office 5 minutes late. Had he driven 25% faster on an average he would have reached 4 minutes earlier than the scheduled time. How far is his office?
1) 24 km
2) 72 km
3) 18 km
4) Data Insufficient
15. Train A traveling at 60 km/hr leaves Mumbai for Delhi at 6 P.M. Train B traveling at 90 km/hr also
leaves Mumbai for Delhi at 9 P.M. Train C leaves Delhi for Mumbai at 9 P.M. If all three trains meet at
the same time between Mumbai and Delhi, what is the speed of Train C if the distance between Delhi
and Mumbai is 1260 kms?
1) 60 km/hr
2) 90 km/hr
3) 120 km/hr
4) 135 km/hr
16. When an object is dropped, the number of feet N that it falls is given by the formula N = ½gt2 wheret is the time in seconds from the time it was dropped and g is 32.2. If it takes 5 seconds for the object to reach the ground, how many feet does it fall during the last 2 seconds?
17. The sum of any seven consecutive numbers is divisible by
18. A certain number of bullets were shared by 3 people equally.Each of them fired 4 bullets and the sum of the remaining bullets was equal to the initial share each had got.what was the initial number of
19. A person was fined for exceeding the speed limit by 10mph. Another person was also fined for
exceeding the same speed limit by twice the same. If the second person was traveling at a speed of 35 mph, find the speed limit.
1) 20 mph
2) 15 mph
3) 18 mph
4) 22 mph
20. If a car starts from A towards B with some velocity due to some problem in the engine after travelling30km.If the car goes with 4/5 th of its actuval velocity the car reaches B 45min later to the actual time. Ifthe car engine fails ofter travelling 45km, the car reaches the destination B 36min late to the actual time, what is the initial velocity of car and what is the distance between A and B in km
1) 40 & 100
2) 10 & 150
3) 20 & 130
21. If the operation,^ is defined by the equation x ^ y = 2x + y,what is the value of a
in 2 ^ a = a ^ 3
22. If 9x-3y=12 and 3x-5y=7 then 6x-2y = ?
23. If a and b are positive integers and (a-b)/3.5 = 4/7, then
1) b < a
2) b > a
3) b = a
4) b >= a
24. A coffee shop blends 2 kinds of coffee,putting in 2 parts of a 33p. a gm. grade to 1
part of a 24p. a gm.If the mixture is changed to 1 part of the 33p. a gm. to 2 parts of
the less expensive grade,how much will the shop save in blending 100 gms.
25) Two third of three fifth of one fourth of a number is 24. What is 40% of that number?
Explanation let the number be x, then
X of 2/3 of 3/5 of ¼ = 24
X * 2/3 * 3/5 * ¼ = 24, x = 240.
Hence 40% of 240 = 40/100 * 240 = 96
26. There are 200 questions on a 3 hr examination. Among these questions are 50
Mathematics problems. It is suggested that twice as much time be spent on each
maths problem as for each other question. How many minutes should be spent on
27. .If 13 = 13w/(1-w),then (2w) 2 =
28. M men agree to purchase a gift for Rs. D. If three men drop out how much more
Will each have to contribute towards the purchase of the gift
29. 2 hours after a freight train leaves Delhi a passenger train leaves the same station
traveling in the same direction at an average speed of 16 km/hr. After traveling 4 hrs
the passenger train overtakes the freight train. The average speed of the freight train
30.Divide 45 into four parts such that when 2 is added to the first part, 2 is subtracted from the second part, 2 is multiplied by the third part and the fourth part is divided by two, all result in the same number.
1) 8, 12, 5, 20
4)none of these