TCS created the world record of recruiting 1080 from the single campus. These are the questions i remembered. Some of them will be repeated twice or thrice(values will be changed).
On the planet Oz, there are 8 days in a week- Sunday to Saturday and another day called Oz day. There are 36 hours in a day and each hour has 90 min while each minute has 60 sec. As on earth, the hour hand covers the dial twice every day.
1) Find the approximate angle between the hands of a clock on Oz when the time is 12:40 am.
a) 71 b) 251 c) 111 d) 89
2) The IT giant Tirnop has recently crossed a head count of 150000 and earnings of $7 billion. As one of the forerunners in the technology front, Tirnop continues to lead the way in products and services in India. At Tirnop, all programmers are equal in every respect. They receive identical salaries ans also write code at the same rate.Suppose 12 such programmers take 12 minutes to write 12 lines of code in total. How long will it take 72 programmers to write 72 lines of code in total?
a) 6 b) 12 c) 72 d) 18
3) A hollow cube of size 5 cm is taken, with a thickness of 1 cm. It is made of smaller cubes of size 1 cm. If 4 faces of the outer surface of the cube are painted, totally how many faces of the smaller cubes remain unpainted?
a) 800 b) 488 c) 900 d) 500
4) The IT giant Tirnop has recently crossed a head count of 150000 and earnings of $7 billion. As one of the forerunners in the technology front, Tirnop continues to lead the way in products and services in India. At Tirnop, all programmers are equal in every respect. They receive identical salaries ans also write code at the same rate.Suppose 12 such programmers take 12 minutes to write 12 lines of code in total. How many lines of code can be written by 72 programmers in 72 minutes?
a) 432 b) 6 c) 12 d) 72
5) Ferrari S.p.A. is an Italian sports car manufacturer based in Maranello, Italy. Founded by Enzo Ferrari in 1928 as Scuderia Ferrari, the company sponsored drivers and manufactured race cars before moving into production of street-legal vehicles in 1947 as Ferrari S.p.A.. Throughout its history, the company has been noted for its continued participation in racing, especially in Formula One, where it has enjoyed great success. Rohit once bought a Ferrari. It could go 2 times as fast as Mohit's old Mercedes. If the speed of Mohit's Mercedes is 32 km/hr and the distance travelled by the Ferrari is 952 km, find the total time taken in hours for Rohit to drive that distance.
a) 15.88 b) 14.88 c) 476 d) 29.75
6) Given a collection of points P in the plane, a 1-set is a point in P that can be separated from the rest by a line; i.e. the point lies on one side of the line while the others lie on the other side. The number of 1-sets of P is denoted by n1(P). The maximum value of n1(P) over all configurations P of 10 points in the plane is
a) 5 b) 3 c) 9 d) 10
The teacher is testing a student's proficiency in arithmetic and poses the following question.
7) 1/3 of a number is 3 more than 1/6 of the same number. What is the number? Can you help the student find the answer?
a) 18 b) 21 c) 12 d) 6
Alok and Bhanu play the following min-max game. Given the expression
N = 12 + X*(Y - Z)
Where X, Y and Z are variables representing single digits (0 to 9),Alok would like to maximize N while Bhanu would like to minimize it. Towards this end, Alok chooses a single digit number and Bhanu substitutes this for a variable of her choice (X, Y or Z). Alok then chooses the next value and Bhanu, the variable to substitute the value. Finally Alok proposes the value for the remaining variable. Assuming both play to their optimal strategies, the value of N at the end of the game would be
a) 93 b) 12 c) -69 d) 30
8) The pacelength P is the distance between the rear of two consecutive footprints. For men, the formula, n/P = 144 gives an approximate relationship between n and P where, n = number of steps per minute and P = pacelength in meters. Bernard knows his pacelength is 164cm. The formula applies to Bernard's walking. Calculate Bernard's walking speed in kmph.
a) 23.62 b) 8.78 c) 11.39 d) 236.16
9) There are two boxes, one containing 10 red balls and the other containing 10 green balls. You are allowed to move the balls between the boxes so that when you choose a box at random and a ball at random from the chosen box, the probability of getting a red ball is maximized. This maximum probability is
a) 3/4 b) 37/38 c) 1/2 d) 14/19
10) A hare and a tortoise have a race along a circle of 100 yards diameter. The tortoise goes in one direction and the hare in the other. The hare starts after the tortoise has covered 1/5 of its distance and that too leisurely. The hare and tortoise meet when the hare has covered only 1/8 of the distance. By what factor should the hare increase its speed so as to tie the race?
a) 40 b) 37.80 c) 8 d) 5
11) A sheet of paper has statements numbered from 1 to 30. For all values of n from 1 to 30, statement n says "At most n of the statements on this sheet are false". Which statements are true and which are false?
a) All statements are false.
b) All statements are true.
c) The even numbered statements are true and the odd numbered are false.
d) The odd numbered statements are true and the even numbered are false.
12) There are two water tanks A and B, A is much smaller than B. While water fills at the rate of one litre every hour in A, it gets filled up like 10, 20, 40, 80, 160 .. in tank B. (At the end of first hour, B has 10 litres, second hour it has 20, and so on). If 1/32 of B's volume is filled after 3 hours, what is the total duration required to fill it completely?
a) 9 hours b) 7 hours c) 10 hours d) 8 hours
13) Planet fourfi resides in 4-dimensional space and thus the currency used by its residents are 3-dimensional objects. The rupee notes are cubical in shape while their coins are spherical. However the coin minting machinery lays out some stipulations on the size of the coins.
The diameter of the coins should be at least 64mm and not exceed 512mm.
Given a coin, the diameter of the next larger coin is at least 50% greater.
The diameter of the coin must always be an integer.
14) You are asked to design a set of coins of different diameters with these requirements and your goal is to design as many coins as possible. How many coins can you design?
a) 8 b) 5 c) 6 d) 9
14) Anoop managed to draw 7 circles of equal radii with their centres on the diagonal of a square such that the two extreme circles touch two sides of the square and each middle circle touches two circles on either side. Find the ratio of the radius of the circles to the side of the square.
a) 1:(4+ 7v3) b) 1:(2+ 6v2)
c) 1:(2+ 7v2) d) (2+ 7v2):1
All the best.