This is Surendra pursing MCA in P V P Siddhartha Institute of Technology recently on Dec 7th, 2010. TCS has visited our college for the campus placement drive. There are totally 353 students are eligible for the written exam excluding the Five toppers from each department.
The test was a very simple one with a minimal practice we can get it very easily.
The questions that i got in the written exam are
1) (1/3) of a number is 6 more than the (1/6) of the same number?
a) 6 b) 18 c) 36 d) 24
2) There are two water tanks A and B, A is much smaller than B. While water fills at the rate of 1 liter every hour in A, it gets filled up like 10, 20, 40, 80, 160 in tank B. 1/8 th of the tank B is filled in 22 hours. What is the time to fill the tank fully?
a) 26 B) 25 c) 5 d) 27
3) A hare and a tortoise have a race along a circle of 100 yards diameter. The tortoise goes in one direction and the hare in the other. The hare starts after the tortoise has coverd 1/4 of its distance and that too leisurely. The hare and tortoise meet when the hare has covered only 1/8 of the distance.By what factor should the hare increse its speed so as to tie the race?
4) A sheet of paper has statements numbered from 1 to 30. For all values of n from 1 to 30, statement n says "At most n of the statements on this sheet are false". Which statements are true and which are false?
This type of question repeated for me three time just replacing atmost with exactly, atleast.
7) On the planet Oz, there are 8 days in a week Sunday to Saturday and another day call Oz day. There are 36 hours in a day and each hour has 90 mins while each minute has 60 sec. As on earth, the hour hand covers the dial twice every day. Find the approximate angle between the hands of a clock on Oz when the time is 10.40 am.
Ans: Aroung 59 degrees
8) The citizens of planet nigiet are 8 fingered and have thus developed their decimal system in base 8. A certain street in nigiet contains 1000 in base buildings numbered 1 to 1000. How many 4's are used in numbering these buildings?Express your answer in base10?
9) A girl has to make pizza with different toppings. There are 8 different toppings. In how many ways can she make pizzas with 2 different toppings?
a) 16 b) 56 c) 112 d) 28
10) A car manufacturer produces only red and blue models which come out of the final testing area at random. What are the odds that five consecutive cars of same color will come through the test area at any one time?
a)1 in 16 b)1 in 125 c)1 in 32 d)1 in 25
11) A lady has fine gloves and hats in her closet- 18 blue, 32 red, and 25 yellow. The lights are out and it is totally dark. In spite of the darkness, she can make out the difference between a hat and a glove. She takes out an item out of the closet only if she is sure that if it is a glove. How many gloves must she take out to make sure she has a pair of each color?
a) 50 b) 8 c) 60 d) 42
This type was repeated two times
14) Middle- earth is a fictional land inhabited by hobbits, elves, dwarves and men. The hobbits and elves are peaceful creatures that prefer slow, silent lives and appreciate nature and art. The dwarves and the men engage in physical games. The game is as follows. A tournament is one where out of the two teams that play a match, the one that loses get eliminated. The matches are played in different rounds, where in every round; half of the teams get eliminated from the tournament. If there are 8 rounds played in knock out tournament, how many matches were played?
a) 257 b) 256 c) 72 d) 255
15)20 men handshake with each other without repetition. What is the total number of handshakes made?
a)190 b)210 c)150 d)250
16) Alok and Bhanu play the following min-max game. given the expression
Where X, Y, Z are variables repersenting single digits(0 to 9). Alok would like to maximize N while Bhanu would like to minimize it. Towards this end,Alok chooses a single digit number and Bhanu substitutes this for a variable of her choice (X,Y,Z). Alok then chooses next value and Bhanu the variable to substitute the value finally Alok proposes the value for the remaining variable Assumig both play to their optimal strategies the value of N at the end or the game would be?
20) On planet korba, a solar blast has melted the ice caps on its equator. 9 years after the ice melts, tiny planetoids called echina start growing on the rocks. Echina grows in the form of circle, and the relationship between the diameter of this circle and the age of echina is given by the formula d = 4*√ (t-9) for t ≥ 9 where d represents the diameter in mm and t the number of years since the solar blast.Jagan recorded the radius of some echina at a particular spot as 7mm. How many years back did the solar blast occur?
a) 17 b)21.25 c)12.25 d)14.05
21) Ferrari S.P.A is an Italian sports car manufacturer based in Maranello, Italy. Founded by Enzo Ferrari in 1928 as Scuderia Ferrari, the company sponsored drivers and manufactured race cars before moving into production of street-legal vehicles in 1947 as Ferrari S.P.A. Throughout its history, the company has been noted for its continued participation in racing, especially in Formula One where it has employed great success .Rohit once bought a Ferrari. It could go 4 times as fast as Mohan's old Mercedes. If the speed of Mohan's Mercedes is 35 km/hr and the distance traveled by the Ferrari is 490 km, find the total time taken for Rohit to drive that distance.
a) 20.72 b) 5.18 c) 238.25 d) 6.18
Ans) simple one you can slove it
22) How many 9 digit numbers are possible by using the digits 1,2,3,4,5 which are divisible by 4 if the repetition is allowed?
a) 5^7 b) 5^6 c) 5^9 d) 5^8
23) Given a collection of points P in the plane , a 1-set is a point in P that can be separated from the rest by a line, .i.e the point lies on one side of the line while the others lie on the other side. The number of 1-sets of P is denoted by n1(P). The minimum value of n1(P) over all configurations P of 11 points in the plane in general position (.i.e no three points in P lie on a line) is
a) 3 b) 11 c) 2 d) 8
24) In a family there are some boys and girls. All boys told that they are having equal no of brothers and sisters and girls told that they are having twice the no. of brothers than sisters. How many boys and girls present in a family?
Ans: 4 boys and 3 girls
25) Alok and Bhanu play the following coins in a circle game. 99 coins are arranged in a circle with each coin touching two other coin. Two of the coins are special and the rest are ordinary. Alok starts and the players take turns removing an ordinary coin of their choice from the circle and bringing the other coins closer until they again form a (smaller) circle. The goal is to bring the special coins adjacentto each other and the first player to do so wins the game. Initially the special coins are separated by two ordinary coins O1 and O2. Which of the following is true?
a) In order to win, Alok should remove O1 on his first turn.
b) In order to win, Alok should remove one of the coins different from O1 and O2 on his first turn.
c) In order to win, Alok should remove O2 on his first turn.
d) Alok has no winning strategy.
These are some questions that i face I answered totally 32 questions. Don't answer all 35 questions correctly even if you know there may be a chance of upper cutoff.
I completed my technical, Managerial and HR rounds and awaiting for the result.
All the best!