1) Ramu & Sangeetha went for biological analysis to a island which is 34km from their place. They travelled in a boat which went at a speed of 2m/s. when they are in half a distance in the boat sangeetha note there are 7 leg & 8 leg octopuses under the water. Ramu counted the total number of legs of octopuses and got 54. Sangeetha instantly said I know how many 7 leged octopuses are there under the water. They both reached the island after 20 min they left . How many seven leged octopuses does sangeetha calculate?
1. 4 2. 5 3. 6 4. 7
Ans: Total number of legs of both 7 & 8 leged octobus = 54. Find number of 7 leged octopuses
Go from answer
4(7 leged octobus) + X = 54.
5(7 leged octobus) + X = 54. Similarly do for all. The x you get should be exactly divisible by 8. Only one answer will satisfy the condition.
Note: You may find lot of nonsense stuff to test verbal ability. Just take required data alone. From the next question onwards I post necessary data only.
2) Total number of wheels of bicycles & 4 wheeled vechicles is 38. How many bicycles are there? ( This question has more than 6 lines to test your verbal abilty)
Ans: Similar to above. Go from answer
Choices from answer( 2 wheelers) + X = 38. X should be exactly divisible by 4
3) Jumbled sentences given APPRAKEET. What is the meaning.
Which of the following is true
Jagan says I didn’t lie yesterday. Pradeep also says that I didn’t lie yesterday. What day is today?
Ans: 2500 (not sure)
XY=21 and X+Y=13. Ans of X & Y will be in points then x square+y square=?
Ans: Solve using quadratic eqn. you get x & y
15) Person travels from A- to b in 9km/hr, and B to A in 4 Km/hr. What is the average speed?
Ans : 2(9*4)/9+4
16) Find total cost to build a robot. The cost of spare parts use to bulid it is in the ratio 4:5:3. The cost of spare parts are $40, $50, $60.
Ans: Simple ratio. I don’t remember the question exactly but all you do is to add $40+$50+$60 to get the answer
17) Pizza shops make pizza of same thickess and different diamester. Cost of 8cm is 80, 12 cm is 240, 24 cm is 720. Which pizza gives best value for money?
Ans: Divide cost by cm & compare with others. Hint. Take smallest one and multiple till you get the largest pizza. Then compare both you get the answer
18) Average marks of 5 sub is 61. Six sub mark is 89. What is the average after adding 6th?
Ans: (61*5) + 89/6
19) Find number of 3’s between 1 & 100?
20) A pipe can fill a tank at the rate 1 litre/hr, the tank is 1/32 filled in 6 hours. After how many hows the tank is filled completely
Ans: 1/16, 1/8, ¼, ½, 1. After 5 hours.