The selection process consists of two rounds only.
Quantitative aptitude test: It is online test consists of thounds of questions among tehm you will be given 35 questions and the time limit is 1 hour. Each question carries 1 mark and wrong answer carries -0.33 marks.
Technical and HR interviews
Tips to crack aptitude :
1. Never Guess an answer . Attend only the questions you are reasonably certain of answering correctly . (I attended exactly 30 questions , Never guessed any question randomly.
2. If you dont get the answer in the first try or you get stuck up quickly skip the question . Come back to it later if you have time. ( I attended the first question skipped 8 questions before answering the next question).
3. Read the question fully once and find out what they are asking . Most of the time they give a lot of irrelevant data to confuse you. For example they may ask a problem on ages but may also give you data on blood relations (i have 2 brother and 2 sisters. You have to correctly deduce the fact that you only need information related to Age and the rest is irrelevant data .
4. Try not to panic at the sight of those long questions. Most problems are very simple which require you to do some logical thinking with a clear mind.
5. There will be certain questions which will be very simple but will have small twists .
6. Most questions asked have a fixed pattern. A friend of mine attended the interview on 21st (she too got selected). Most of the questions i got were similar to the ones she got with slight changes introduced (learn the logic dont mug up the answer) .
Some of the questions which I remembered are as given below.
1) If an old women's age is the same as her three grand daughters i, mean the number of days old child=the no of weeks old child=no of months old child. The total years of all these ppl is 114 years then how old is the old woman?
The year has 365 days and 30 days each month.
I calculated it with the options given try 2 use the calculator its easy. Don't remember the answer.
2) There was a piece of cloth which is 135 miles long and 35ft wide and some nonsense again then he wants to divide the cloth into pieces with one mile each if he took 7 secs for cutting piece. What is the time taken for cutting the whole of the cloth into pieces?
135-1=134 x 7=938 secs.
3) A woman had somany gloves and hats 22 red,34 blue, 45 white there was power cut and she took a glove and how many gloves shud she take so that she gets a pair of glove fr each color?
Don't know the answer.
4) Problem on ((a3-b3)/(a2-ab-b2))=(a- don waste tym directly calculate it!
5) The bear problem..i put it as black.
7) If a person climbed a hill which was 200 mtrs high. The average speed while climbing was 23 mph and while coming down was 30 mph. Then what is the average speed of his journey?
Use the formula (2xy)/(x+y)
8) If the are 2 containers of 1 ltr each. I had Pepsi and another water. If one spoon from Pepsi was taken and added in water and then frm the mixed container of water one spoon was taken and added in Pepsi..
So pepsi had more quantity of Pepsi than what water had in 2nd container.
9) If the area was hit by a virus and so the decrease in the population because of death was x/3 and the migration from other places increased a population by 2x then annually it had so many ppl. find our the population in the starting.
10) If the milk and water was added in 5:4 ratio then how much more water should be added so he gets the ratio of 6:7.(Not exact question but something like that)
11) A tank fills in the squence of 10, 20 ,40,80.... (means 10 litre in 1 hr, 20 litr i 2nd nd so). If at the 4th hour the tank is 1/4 full when will it be full?
That means capacity of tank is 320 litres. From the series we can see that in 5th hr it's 160 nd then in 6th hr it's 320 so answer is 6
12) 2 very simple questions on ages like if 3 years back i was 2 times of my friends age and so and so. If you know the basic concept you will be able to solve that.
13) There are only bicycles and 4-wheelers in the parking. If the total number of wheels are 240.
What can be the possible number of cycles?
Ans: 2x+ 4y= 240
See options ie the value of x from the options. Then check the value of y from eqn for each option. The value of x for which y is a integer would be the answer.
14) The cost of making robot is divided into cost of material, Cost of repairing nd cost of painting in the ratio of 5: 2: 3 the cost usd for material is 200. Find the total cost of making the robot?
So x=400 Ans.
15) If jack lies on Mon, Tue Wed and jill lies on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. If both together tell they lied yesterday. So c the given options and then c cos in the given dates one will be saying the truth and one will be lying. I got Thursday as option because jack is saying the truth he lied yest but jill is lying again as he lies on that day.
16) Scientist starts from his base camp from North (my friend got North Pole) chases after a Bear etc.
Answer lies in the first sentence that says that Bear's Color changes according to the weather. As far as i know there are 2 kinds of bears. The Normal ones which are Black and the Polar Bears which are white. Polar Bears are present only in the North and South poles (Arctic and Antarctica). I chose white i am not sure if that was correct (if it was North Pole white is the correct answer)
17) Seamstress makes a cut on a piece of cloth in 3 secs. If she wants to cut the cloth into 11 pieces. How much time would it take. (My friend got the same question with different values)
Answer: To cut a piece of cloth into 11 pieces she has to make 10 cuts. so 10*3 = 30secs is the answer.
18) A lady is trying to pick gloves and hats from her wardrobe in the dark. She has 22 white and 33 green ones. She wants to pick a pair of gloves of white and green. How many tries before she gets it right?
Answer: They mentioned 'hat' to confuse you. Its a standard probability question .
19) Rearrange a jumbled word and say if the word is a bird, animal, vegetable or a city
Answer: skipped because of lack of time
20) A man was standing before a painting of a person . He says "Brothers and sisters i have none . The man's father is my father's son" . (I love poems ) . How is the person in the painting related to this man .
21) 2 buckets with milk and water. A person takes a cup from the bucket with water and pours into the bucket with milk and takes a cup from the milk (mixed with water now) and pours into the bucket with water.
Answer: Both buckets have the same amount of liquid.
22) A problem on cuboids
Answer: If you know the surface area of a cuboid its just simple multiplication.
23) Rapunzel walks into the forest of forgetfullness. She meets a Lion who lies on Monday Tuesdays and Wednesdays and meets a rabbit who lies on Thurs fridays and saturdays . On that day both say that "I lied yesterday". What day is it .
Answer: Easy enough. Try solving it.
24) 4 Guys standing in a queue in a supermarket. Their average weight is 43. 1 more guy joins the queue and the average weight changes to 42. What is the weight of the new guy.
Answer: Use formula Avg = sum of weights / Total Number
25) Another standard Problem on Ages
26) T-Nagar problem
Answer: Did not attend .
27) A horse relieved from a stable. A pony started 2 hours later and went chasing after it and caught up ( Don't remember any more)
28) A Guy had a Mercedes and another guy had a ferrari. This Ferrari ran twice as fast as the Mercedes
Thats all i remember now!
Best of luck for those attending the off-campus.
29) I don't remember exactly the question, one logical problem stating the colour of beer?
30) There was a scientist who after doing research, found that color of skin of animals vary with change in distance. One day he started to chase a beer. He walked 1 mile towards north, then turned and walked 1 mile towards east and then caught the beer and radio-ribboned the beer. Then he left the beer at that spot and returned to his base-station taking a turn towards south (walked 1 mile towards south). Then what was the color of beer at that spot?
a)White b)Brown c)Black d)Grey
31) Also a one question like color of bear? (obviously its black)
32) The problem of BEAR is about identifying its color with regard to its Region whether it is from North or South or East or West. Because, The Bear's color will vary in different location and so they have mentioned this as distance. As far I know, North - White Bear ( Polar Bear )
South-Black Bear (Sometimes Grey too )
33) In the class of 40 students, 30 speak Hindi and 20 speak English. What is the lowest possible number of students who speak both the languages?
a) 5 b) 20 c) 15 d) 10 e) 30
34) If A, B and C are the mechanisms used separately to reduce the wastage of fuel by 30%, 20% and 10%. What will be the fuel economy if they were used combined.
35) A can do a piece of work in 20 days, which B can do in 12 days. In 9 days B does of the work. How many days will A take to finish the remaining work?
2) One fast typist type some matter in 2hr and another slow typist type the same matter in 3hr. if both do combine in how much time they will finish.
3) The ratio of incomes of C and D is 3:4.the ratio of their expenditures is 4:5.Find the ratio of their savings if the savings of C is one fourths of his income?
4) 6 persons standing in queue with different age group, after two years their average age will be 43 and seventh person joined with them. hence the current average age has become 45. find the age of seventh person?
Solution: Here the question appear as an easy one, but carried a lot of unwanted sentences and unwanted datas (i dint mention above) in exam which may confuse you on solving technique.
5) Let x be current average age of first 6 persons in queue and current age of seventh person be y. Then 6x will become the sum of those 6 persons age. Now, let compute the sum of those 6 persons after two years, 6x+12 (as each and individual increase their age by 2). hence its average become (6x+12)/6 = 43 (give in question itself). So now we can compute x from above equation. (x = 41, 6x = 246).
6) Horse started to chase dog as it relieved stable two hrs ago. And horse started to ran with average speed 22km/hr, horse crossed 10 mts road and two small pounds with depth 3m, and it crossed two small street with 200 mts length. After traveling 6 hrs, 2hrs after sunset it got dog. compute the speed of dog?
Ans: As we have speed and travel time of horse, we can get distance travelled by it.
Hence d = 22*6 = 132km,
Exactly this 132km was travelled by dog in 8 hours (as it started two hours earlier).
Hence speed of dog = 132/8 = 16.5km/hr
Solution: Here it appear simple, because it arranged in arranged in sequence manner, but the actual question was some what twist mentioning fibonacci series and more over question was in statements (no numbers). Hence first try to understand the question well. Here let group alternate terms 3,7,15,31 (3+4 =7, 7+8 =15, 15+16=31)
8) In Tnagar many buildings were under residential category.for buildings they number as 1 to 100. For shops, corporation numbered between 150 and 200 only prime numbers. how many time 6 will appear in building numbering?
For 1 to 10 - 1 six
2 to 20 - 1 six
Similarly upto 59 we utilise six, 5 times
from 60 to 69 (including 66) - 11 times
from 70 to 100 - 3, hence ans = 5+11+3 = 19
9) ((4x+3y)+(5x+9y))/(5x+5y) = ? as (x/2y) = 2
Ans: 2 (simple algebra, I think no need of explanation)
10) If we subract a number with y, we get 4 increase of number, once it got divided by y itself.. Find that number??
Ans: 12 (we can easily predict from options, as we take y as 6)
11) I dont remember exactly the question, one logical problem stating the colour of beer?
12) Jumbled letters, parakeet (answer)
Ans: bird (category)
13) Ratio proportional problem with age. Sorry, dint remember exact question.
14) One question like. (209*144)^2 + (209*209)+(209*144)+(144*144) = ?
Ans: Here you can use calc, many(4 to 5) questions were depend upon calc alone.(no need problem solving technique).
15) I'm only son for my parents. (Some irrelevant statements in the middle to distract you). The man in picture is my father's son. (some irrelevant statements).Sho is he?
Ans: He himself (blood relation type of question).
16) Which is the smallest no divides 2880 and gives a perfect square?
a.1 b.2 c.5 d.6
17) Two bowls are taken, one contains water and another contains tea.one spoon of water is added to second bowl and mixed well, and a spoon of mixture is taken from second bowl and added to the second bowl. Which statement will hold good for the above?
(Ans: Second liquid in first bowl is smaller than the first mixture in second bowl)
18) Which is the smallest no divides 2880 and gives a perfect square?
a.1 b.2 c.5 d.6
19) Form 8 digit numbers from by using 1, 2,3,4,5 with repetition is allowed and must be divisible by4?
a.31250 b.97656 c.78125 d.97657
20) One problem on (a3-b3)/(a2+ab+b2)
21) Rearrange and categorize the word RAPETEKA?
22) In school there are some bicycles and 4wheeler wagons.one Tuesday there are 190 wheels in the campus. How many bicycles are there?
23) Key words in question (Fibonacci series, infinite series, in the middle of the question one number series is there .I got the series 3 12 7 26b 15?
(Logic: 3*2+1=7 12*2+2=26
24) A father has 7 pennys with him and 1 water melon is for 1p, 2chickoos for 1p, 3 grapes foe 1p.he has three sons. How can he share the fruits equally?
Ans: 1 watermelon,2chickoos,1grape
25) A lies on mon, tues, wed and speak truths on other days, B lies on thur, fri, sat and speaks truths on other days.. one day a said I lied today and B said I too lied today. What is the day?
26) Man, Bear, North, South, walks.
27) (1/2) of a number is 3 times more than the (1/6) of the same number?
28) There are two pipes A and B. If A filled 10 liters in hour B can fills 20 liters in same time. Likewise B can fill 10, 20, 40, 80,160 .if B filled in (1/16) th of a tank in 3 hours, how much time will it take to fill completely?
Ans: 7 hours
29) KEYWORDS:T.Nagar,Chennai,1-100,prime numbers b/n 140-180,How many 2s are there?
Ans: 20 (Not only 2s ,1s,3s,4s,5s,6s,7s,8s,9s,0s also 20)
30) One question has last part like difference between two terms is 9 and product of two numbers is 14, what is the squares of sum of numbers?
31) A man is standing before a painting of a man and he says I have no bro and sis and his father is my fathers son?
Ans: His son
32) What is the value of [(3x+8Y)/(x-2Y)]; if x/2y=2?
Ans: 10 (the numerical may change)
33) A pizza shop made pizzas with to flavours.in home there are N different flavors, in that M flavors are taken to made pizza.in how many ways they can arrange?
(Logic: NcM )
34) One grandfather has three grandchildren, two of their age difference is 3, eldest child age is 3 times youngest childs age and eldest childs age is two times of sum of other two children. What is the age of eldest child?
35) In a market 4 man are standing .the average age of the four before 4years is 45,aftyer some days one man is added and his age is 49.what is the average weight of all?
Technical and HR interviews:
Tell me about your self?
Family back ground?
Differences between c and c++?
Differences between c++ and java?
Different types of data types in c?
What are fundamental datatypes in c?
Different types of Operating systems?
Significance of Operating systems?
What are the softwares you know?
What is use of transfoemers?
What are universal gates?
Race around condition in JK flipflop?
Difference between microprocessor and micro controller?
Arrays ans structures?
Losses in electrical machines?
Hysterisis and eddy current losses?
Will u sign on the bond?
Will u relocate to any other place?
Do u have any questionds to ask?
Wait in the auditorium we wiil announce the results after 30 min?
After 30 min they announce the results that i was selected and they gave me offer letter on the spot and said congrats. Out of 400-500 they short listed 7 for interviews and finally 3, i am one of them.