Aptitude test 35 questions - 80 minutes
Negative Marking - 1/3rd
1) An observer 1.6 m tall is 203 away from a tower. The angle of elevation from his eye to the top of the tower is 30º. The heights of the tower is:
A.21.6 m B.23.2 m
C.24.72 m D.None of these
2)A, B and C jointly thought of engaging themselves in a business venture. It was agreed that A would invest Rs. 6500 for 6 months, B, Rs. 8400 for 5 months and C, Rs. 10,000 for 3 months. A wants to be the working member for which, he was to receive 5% of the profits. The profit earned was Rs. 7400. Calculate the share of B in the profit.(b)
A.Rs. 1900 B.Rs. 2660
C.Rs. 2800 D.Rs. 2840
3)Running at the same constant rate, 6 identical machines can produce a total of 270 bottles per minute. At this rate, how many bottles could 10 such machines produce in 4 minutes?
4) On 8th Dec, 2007 Saturday falls. What day of the week was it on 8th Dec, 2006?
5) A alone can do a piece of work in 6 days and B alone in 8 days. A and B undertook to do it for Rs. 3200. With the help of C, they completed the work in 3 days. How much is to be paid to C?
A.Rs. 375 B.Rs. 400
C.Rs. 600 D.Rs. 800
6) The least number which should be added to 2497 so that the sum is exactly divisible by 5, 6, 4 and 3 is:
7) A rectangular park 60 m long and 40 m wide has two concrete crossroads running in the middle of the park and rest of the park has been used as a lawn. If the area of the lawn is 2109 sq. m, then what is the width of the road?
A.2.91 m B.3 m
C.5.82 m D.None of these
8) If on an item a company gives 25% discount, they earn 25% profit. If they now give 10% discount then what is the profit percentage.
(a) 40% (b) 55% (c) 35% (d) 30%
9) In a 100 m race, A beats B by 10 m and C by 13 m. In a race of 180 m, B will beat C by:
A.5.4 m B.4.5 m
C.5 m D.6 m
10)The price of 2 sarees and 4 shirts is Rs. 1600. With the same money one can buy 1 saree and 6 shirts. If one wants to buy 12 shirts, how much shall he have to pay ?
A.Rs. 1200 B.Rs. 2400
C.Rs. 4800 D.Cannot be determined
11)If m and n are whole numbers such that mn=121, the value of (m - 1)n + 1 is:
12) A milk vendor has 2 cans of milk. The first contains 25% water and the rest milk. The second contains 50% water. How much milk should he mix from each of the containers so as to get 12 litres of milk such that the ratio of water to milk is 3 : 5?
A.4 litres, 8 litres B.6 litres, 6 litres
C.5 litres, 7 litres D.7 litres, 5 litres
13) A man invests some money partly in 9% stock at 96 and partly in 12% stock at 120. To obtain equal dividends from both, he must invest the money in the ratio:
A.3 : 4 B.3 : 5
C.4 : 5 D.16 : 15
14) How many of the following numbers are divisible by 132 ,
264, 396, 462, 792, 968, 2178, 5184, 6336
15) A sum of money at simple interest amounts to Rs. 815 in 3 years and to Rs. 854 in 4 years. The sum is:
A.Rs. 650 B.Rs. 690
C.Rs. 698 D.Rs. 700
16) A train passes a station platform in 36 seconds and a man standing on the platform in 20 seconds. If the speed of the train is 54 km/hr, what is the length of the platform?
A.120 m B.240 m
C.300 m D.None of these
17) A and B invest in a business in the ratio 3 : 2. If 5% of the total profit goes to charity and A's share is Rs. 855, the total profit is:
A.Rs. 1425 B.Rs. 1500
C.Rs. 1537.50 D.Rs. 1576
18) A right triangle with sides 3 cm, 4 cm and 5 cm is rotated the side of 3 cm to form a cone. The volume of the cone so formed is:
A.12 cm3 B.15 cm3
C.16 cm3 D.20 cm3
19)pick the odd one 396, 462, 572, 396, 427, 671, 264
20) A clock is started at noon. By 10 minutes past 5, the hour hand has turned through:
21) A fires 5 shots to B's 3 but A kills only once in 3 shots while B kills once in 2 shots. When B has missed 27 times, A has killed:
A.30 birds B.60 birds
C.72 birds D.90 birds
22) Excluding stoppages, the speed of a bus is 54 kmph and including stoppages, it is 45 kmph. For how many minutes does the bus stop per hour?
23) Out of 7 consonants and 4 vowels, how many words of 3 consonants and 2 vowels can be formed?
24) In simple interest what sum amounts of Rs.1120/- in 4 years and Rs.1200/- in 5 years ?
(a) Rs. 500 (b) Rs. 600 (c) Rs. 800 (d) Rs. 900
25) Tea worth Rs. 126 per kg and Rs. 135 per kg are mixed with a third variety in the ratio 1 : 1 : 2. If the mixture is worth Rs. 153 per kg, the price of the third variety per kg will be:
A.Rs. 169.50 B.Rs. 170
C.Rs. 175.50 D.Rs. 180
26) In order to obtain an income of Rs. 650 from 10% stock at Rs. 96, one must make an investment of:
A.Rs. 3100 B.Rs. 6240
C.Rs. 6500 D.Rs. 9600
27) How many of the following numbers are divisible by 132 ?
264, 396, 462, 792, 968, 2178, 5184, 6336
28) Two numbers are respectively 20% and 50% more than a third number. The ratio of the two numbers is:
A.2 : 5 B.3 : 5
C.4 : 5 D.6 : 7
29) A can contains a mixture of two liquids A and B is the ratio 7 : 5. When 9 litres of mixture are drawn off and the can is filled with B, the ratio of A and B becomes 7 : 9. How many litres of liquid A was contained by the can initially?
30) A can do a piece of work in 4 hours; B and C together can do it in 3 hours, while A and C together can do it in 2 hours. How long will B alone take to do it?
A.8 hours B.10 hours
C.12 hours D.24 hours
31) The certain worth of a certain sum due sometime hence is Rs. 1600 and the true discount is Rs. 160. The banker's gain is:
A.Rs. 20 B.Rs. 24
C.Rs. 16 D.Rs. 12
32) How many mashes are there in 1 squrare meter of wire gauge if each mesh
is 8mm long and 5mm wide ?
(a) 2500 (b) 25000 (c) 250 (d) 250000
33) 66 cubic centimetres of silver is drawn into a wire 1 mm in diameter. The length of the wire in metres will be:
34) 0.04 x 0.0162 is equal to:
A.6.48 x 10-3 B.6.48 x 10-4
C.6.48 x 10-5 D.6.48 x 10-6
35) Mr. Stewart invested an amount of Rs. 13,900 divided in two different schemes A and B at the simple interest rate of 14% p.a. and 11% p.a. respectively. If the total amount of simple interest earned in 2 years be Rs. 3508, what was the amount invested in Scheme B?
A.Rs. 6400 B.Rs. 6500
C.Rs. 7200 D.Rs. 7500