Below are some questions of TCS campus held in ITER, Bhubaneswar in 14th August 2010. I have cleard it and got job in TCS. So i think that this will help you very much.
There are 2 stage for it.
1st is written test which consist of 35 aptitude questions which are very very easy. Because most of the questions are calculation type and formula based and also calculator is allowed during test. I have answered 27 questions out of 35.
Some of my interview question is:
ME: Answered it.
ME: Yes sir(after this he ask me to show my certificate. I have showed it)
ME: I have answered it.
ME: Yes sir.
ME: I wrote it.
ME: Answerd it with example.
ME: Thank you sir.
After addition of 7th person average is 45 so 7th person wiil be 45+(6*(45-4))
2. Horse started to chase dog as it relieved stable two hrs ago. And horse started to ran with average speed 22km/hour, Horse crossed 10 mts road and two small pounds with depth 3m, and it crossed two small street with 200 mts length. After traveling 6 hours, 2hours after sunset it got dog. Compute the speed of dog?
Ans: As we have speed and travel time of horse, we can get distance travelled by it.
Hence d = 22*6 = 132km,
Exactly this 132km was travelled by dog in 8 hours (as it started two hours earlier).
Hence speed of dog = 132/8 = 16.5km/hr
3. 3, 22 , 7, 45, 15, ? , 31
Solution: Here it appear simple, because it arranged in arranged in sequence manner, but the actual question was some what twist mentioning fibonacci series and more over question was in statements (no numbers). Hence first try to understand the question well.
Here let group alternate terms 3,7,15,31 (3+4 =7, 7+8 =15, 15+16=31)
Similarly for second group (22,45,? (22+23 = 45, 45+46 = 91) hence ans is 91.
4. In Tnagar many buildings were under residential category.for buildings they number as 1 to 100. For shops, corporation numbered between 150 and 200 only prime numbers. how many time 6 will appear in building numbering?
This type of question if it is asked how many 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 then you bindly write the answer as 20. But for 1 answer will be 21 as 100 is included
5. ((4x+3y)+(5x+9y))/(5x+5y) = ? as (x/2y) = 2
Ans: as x=2y put the value and get the answer.
6: If we subract a number with y, we get 4 increase of number, once it got divided by y itself. Find that number?
Ans: 12 (we can easily predict from options, as we take y as 6)
7. I don't remember exactly the question, one logical problem stating the colour of beer?
Ans: white. What ever the question about the color of beer means you wrote the answer as white because polar beer. This question is very lengthy dont burther about that.
8. Jumbled letters, parakeet(answer)
9. One question like. (209*144)^2 + (209*209)+(209*144)+(144*144) = ?
Ans: here you can use calc, many(4 to 5) questions were depend upon calc alone.(no need problem solving technique).
10. I'm only son for my parents. (some irrelevant statements in the middle to distract you). The man in picture is my father's son (some irrelevant statements). Who is he?
A toy train can make 10 sounds sound changes aftr every 4 min, now train is defective and can make only 2 sounds. Find probability that same sound is repeated 3 times consecutively(1 out of)?
1. 16 2. 8 3. 12 4. 4
Thus 1 out of 8
11. Resistance is X ohm voltage Y then what is current
12. I have 3 grandsons, age different between 2 of grandsons X years, 1st grandson is twice elder than younger one adiition off ages of all the three is y than what is age of eldest grandson?(There is some value inX and Y).
13. Ferrari is leading car manufacturer.*Ferrari S.p.A.* is an Italian sports car. It has enjoyed great success. If Mohan's Ferrari is 3 times faster than his old Mercedes wich gave him 35kmph if Mohan travelled 490 km in his ferrari the hw much time(hours) he took?
1. 8 2. 4 3. 7 4. 7.33
(Options may be different)
14. The ratio of current age of X and Y is 5:7, after hw many years der age ratio will b 7:9?
22. A pizza parlor provides pizzas. There were 2 toppings available initially peperoni and salami.
But now they, have introduces 8 new toppings(some names) to select from. A person wishes to buy two different pizzas of new topping in how many ways he can do that?
Ans: 8 X 7=56
24. There is a dice having value from 1 6 on each face and a pack of cards having face card aces(hugh chunk of nonsense). When 2 dies are thrown and their scores are added then which sum will come max number of times?
1. 8 2. 9 3. 10 4. 11
Explanation: 8-2,6 3,5 4,4
Thus 8's probability is more
26. There are some 2 wheelers and 4 wheelers parked(some nonsense) total number of wheels present is 240 then how many 4 wheelers were there