I am Chandrika from Chennai. I attended the “Syntellet”, Campus Recruitment Program for the 2011". 10th Jan 2010 was scheduled for south zone (Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Pondicherry) First round was Online aptitude test.
No of questions: 45 (just 1 section with random questions from logical, reasoning, verbal, etc. 3questions/page)
Time: 45 minutes on the whole and timer descends ( suddenly some window pops and you are asked to fill in your parents Name - Just for verification, but timer wil never stop. So, be fast and careful)
Complexity: Very easy (because, no quants)
Negative marking: no
I wil try to recall some of the questions.
1. Find the next number in the series-4 problems they were so easy like:
Increase by 2,4,16,25 etc.
2. Find the odd one out-3 problems
All numbers resulted in 9 while adding their digits, except 1
All numbers were divisible by some number say x, except 1
3. Find the correct spelling- 1 problem ( I dont remember the word, but it was easy to make out from the option choice)
4. Blood relation-2 problems
5. Reading comprehension -3 questions (from the same passage, appeard on a single page)
6. Find which part of the sentence has error - 3 problems
the sentence was broken and each section was given as an option. Very easy like, basic grammar ( from-since, have been, adverb usage)
7. All diamond rings are blue.
Some blue rings are costly.
All diamond rings are blue 4 questions of this sort, and they ask you to arrange these 3 rules in order
options were a.123, b.231, c.213, 4.132
8. In a certain language, manage is coded as namega, then wats the code for nature? (This is a basic question. 2 or 3 tricky ones were there)
4 problems of this sort
9. Alphabetical ordering questions(interesting)-4 problems
adg hkm oru ??? (ans:vyb)
10.A Situation explained in a passage..and 3 questions following (say like, arrangement - tough). 12 questions (totally 4 such problems)
11.direction- 2 problems
like- A is 20m to the south of B who is 20m to the west of C. then wat can u say about A and C?(something of this sort with 4 options including the angle and direction between A and B)
12.Incomplete sentence-3 problems
like: Im have been longing to go to London _____ from my childhood(with 4 options)
Syntel mailed us the database of shorlisted candidates, on 13-01-201, and Im one among 45 students 4m my college
Good luck 2 you too!