SSC Sub Inspector exam solved question paper 1The common tree species in Nilgiri Hills is: (A)Sal (B)Pine (C)Eucalyptus (D)Teak Answer: Eucalyptus.
2. Which of the following statements on Railway Budget 2011-12 is correct? (A)There would be a 10% increase in fares for long distance train travel both by AC and NONAC classes (B)There would be 15% increase in freight rates on all goods other than food grains (C)There would be 15% increase in passenger fares for all classes for long distance and freights (D)There would be no increase in fares for both suburban and long distance travel Answer: D
3. The nuclear reactors which were damaged heavily due to strong Earthquake-cum-Tsunami that hit Japan on March 11, 2011 causing radiation leakage at: (A)Fukushima (B)Tokyo (C)Kyoto (D)None of them Answer: Fukushima
4. First Indian Prime Minister to visit Siachen was ? (A)Rajiv Gandhi (B)Inder Kumar Gujaral (C)Mammohan Singh (D)None of them Answer: Manmohan Singh
5. Which of the following books has been written by Kishwar Desai? (A)The Red Devil (B)Witness the night (C)Tonight this Savage Rite (D)Earth and Ashes Answer: Witness the Night.
6. Which of the following folk / tribal dances is associated with Karnataka? (A)Yakshagana (B)Jatra (C)Veedhi (D)Jhora Answer: Yakshagana
7. Who of the following received the Sangeet Natak Academis Ustad Bismillah Khan Puraskar for 2009 in theatre? (A)Omkar Shrikant Dadarkar (B)Ragini chander sarkar (C)Abanti Chakraborty and Sukracharjya Rabha (D)K Nellai Maniknandan Answer: Abanti Chakraborty and Sukracharjya Rabha
8. Which of the following country did not win any of the FIFA cup in 2002, 2006 and 2010? (A)Brazil (B)Argentina (C)Spain (D)South Africa Answer: South Africa
9. Who invented vaccination for small pox? (A)Sir Frederick Grant Banting (B)Sir Alexander Fleming (C)Edward Jenner (D)Loius Pasteur Answer: Edward Jenner
10. Who was the first Indian to become the member of British parliament? (A)Bankim Chandra Chaterjee (B)W C Banerjee (C)Dadabhai Naoroji (D)None of the above Answer: Dadabhai Naoroji
11. The purchase of shares and bonds of Indian companies by Foreign Institutional Investors is called? (A)FDI (B)Portfolio Investment (C)NRI Investment (D)Foreign Indirect Investment Answer: Investment in securities, funds, by FII is Foreign Indirect Investment
12. BT Seed is associated with which among the following? (A)Rice (B)Wheat (C)Cotton (D)Oil Seeds Answer: Cotton
13. The headquarters of International Atomic Energy Agency is in ? (A)Geneva (B)Paris (C)Vienna (D)Washington Answer: Vienna
14. In the Budget estimates of 2011-12, an allocation of Rs. 400 Crore has been made to bring in second green revolution in East in the rice based cropping system of ____? (A)Assam and West Bengal (B)Assam, West Bengal, Odisha, Bihar & Jharkhand (C)Assam, West Bengal, Odisha, Bihar (D)Assam, West Bengal, Odisha, Bihar, Jharkhand , Eastern Uttar Pradesh andChhattisgarh Answer: Assam, West Bengal, Orissa, Bihar, Jharkhand, Eastern Uttar Pradesh and Chattisgarh.
15. In the Budget 2011-12, presented by the Finance Minister on 28.2.2011, the income tax limit for senior citizens has been increased to ? (A)Rs. 2.50 Lakh (B)Rs. 2.60 Lakh (C)Rs. 2.80 Lakh (D)Rs. 3.00 Lakh Answer: Rs. 2.50 Lakh. Above 80, its 5 Lakh
16. If the Anglo Indian community does not get adequate representation in the Lok Sabha, two members of the community can be nominated by: (A)Prime Minister (B)President (C)Speaker (D)President in consultation with Parliament Answer: President
17. For the election of President of India, a citizen should have completed the age of___? (A)25 Years (B)35 Years (C)30 Years (D)18 Years Answer: 35 Years
18. Who said: Good citizen makes a good state and bad citizen makes a bad state? (A)Plato (B)Aristotle (C)Rousseau (D)Laski Answer: Aristotle
19. Member of parliament will lose his membership if he is continuously absent from sessions for (A)45 days (B)60 days (C)90 days (D)365 days Answer: 60 Days
20. In Indian , Residuary Powers are vested in ___? (A)Union Government (B)State Government (C)Both Union and State Government (D)Local Government Answer: Union Government
21. Mention the place where Buddha attained enlightment? (A)Sarnath (B)Bodhgaya (C)Kapilvastu (D)Rajgriha Answer: Bodhgaya
22. Coronation of Shivaji took place in which year? (A)1627 (B)1674 (C)1680 (D)1670 Answer: 6 June 1674
23. The system of Dyarchy was introduced in ___? (A)1909 (B)1919 (C)1935 (D)1945 Answer: 1919, Government of India Act 1919 had introduced the system of Dyarchy to govern the provinces of British India.
24. The editor of Young India and Harijan was ____? (A)Nehru (B)Ambedkar (C)Mahatma Gandhi (D)Subhash Chandra Bose Answer: Mahatma Gandhi
25. Who of the following attended all the three round table conferences? (A)B R Ambedkar (B)M M Malviya (C)Vallabh Bhai Patel (D)Mahatma Gandhi Answer: B R Ambedkar.
26. Which is the largest living bird on Earth? (A)Emu (B)Ostrich (C)Albatross (D)Siberian Crane Answer: Ostrich
27. Rihand Dam project provides irrigation to ____? (A)Gujarat & Maharastra (B)Odisha and West Bengal (C)Uttar Pradesh and Bihar (D)Kerala and Karnataka Answer: C
28. The Headquarters of MCF (Master Control Facility) is (A)Hyderabad (B)Thumba (C)Sri Harikota (D)Hassan Answer: Hassan , Now Bhopal also.
29. Which is the longest irrigation canal in India? (A)Sir hind Canal (B)Yamuna Canal (C)Indira Gandhi Canal (D)East Kosi Canal Answer: Indira Gandhi Canal
30. Which one of the following minerals is found in Monazite Sand? (A)Potassium (B)Uranium (C)Thorium (D)Sodium Answer: Thorium
31. Which plant is called Herbal Indian Doctor ? (A)Amla (B)Neem (C)Tulsi (D)Mango Answer: Amla
32. In Coriander, useful parts are? (A)Roots and leaves (B)leaves and flowers (C)leaves and dried fruits (D)flowers and dried fruits Answer: leaves and dried fruits
33. The pH of Human Blood is ___? (A)7.2 (B)7.8 (C)6.6 (D)7.4 Answer: 7.4
34. Which among the following is the largest endocrine gland of country? (A)Thyroid (B)Parathyroid (C)Adrenal (D)Pituitary Answer: Thyroid
35. Which amongst the following is the largest mammal? (A)Elephant (B)Whale (C)Dinosaur (D)Rhinoceros Answer: Whale (Blue Whale).
36. Which part becomes modified as the tusk of elephant? (A)Canine (B)Premolar (C)Second Incisor (D)Molar Answer: second upper incisors
37. Optical fibres are based upon the phenomenon of which of the following? (A)Interference (B)Dispersion (C)Diffraction (D)Total Internal Reflection Answer: Total Internal Reflection
38. Now a days, Yellow lamps are frequently used as street lights. Which among the following gases, is used in these lamps? (A)Sodium (B)Neon (C)Hydrogen (D)Nitrogen Answer: Sodium
39. Mirage is an example of ____? (A)Refraction of light (B)Total Internal Reflection of Light (C)Refraction and Total Internal Reflection of Light (D)Dispersion of Light Answer: Refraction and Total Internal Reflection of Light
40. The phenomenon of light associated with the appearance of blue color of sky is? (A)Interference (B)Reflection (C)Refraction (D)Scattering Answer: Scattering
41. In which of the following areas, spreadsheet software is more useful? (A)Psychology (B)Publishing (C)Statistics (D)Message sending Answer: Statistics
42. A Groupware is a (A)Hardware (B)Software (C)Network (D)Firmware Answer: Groupware is collaborative software . Correct option B
43. Lens is made up of ___? (A)Pyrex Glass (B)Flint Glass (C)Ordinary Glass (D)Cobalt Glass Answer: Flint glass
44. The element which is used for vulcanizing rubber is? (A)Sulfur (B)Bromine (C)Silicon (D)Phosphorus Answer: Sulfur
45. Which of the following is responsible for extra strength of Pyrex glass? (A)Potassium carbonate (B)Lead Oxide (C)Borax (D)Ferric Oxide Answer: Borax
46. The Noble Gas used for the treatment of cancer is ___? (A)Helium (B)Argon (C)Krypton (D)Radon Answer: Radon, in radiation therapy,
47. Vasundhara Summit was held in __? (A)USA (B)UK (C)Brazil (D)Australia Answer: Brazil, Rio De Janeiro
48. Loktak is a ____? (A)Valley (B)Lake (C)River (D)Mountain Range Answer: Lake, in Manipur
49. Which city receives the highest cosmic radiation amongst the following> (A)Chennai (B)Mumbai (C)Kolkata (D)Delhi Answer: New Delhi. 50 The first computer made available for commercial use was A)MANIAC B)ENIAC C)UNIVAC D)EDSAC Answe-UNIVAC
Freshersworld.com : The No.1 Jobsite for Fresher Hiring in India
Freshersworld.com is the No.1 Jobsite for Freshers in India with over 1 Crore+ resumes and 60K+ recruiters hiring through us. Apply to Top MNC Jobs / Government jobs by registering now! What’s more? Get daily job alert, placement paper and GK updates every day on your email. Freshersworld.com is the only website for applying to Govt Jobs and top MNC Jobs all over India. Register Now to benefit from our unlimited fresher focused services!