General Knowledge questions and answers from General science
GK questions from Physics,Chemistry and Biology
1. The satellite of Ecuador which was damaged on collision with Russian debris in space?
Ans: Pegasus. This is the first and only satellite
2. The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) Navigation centre was set up at _______________
Ans: Byalalu, about 40 km from Banglore
3. The acronym ________ means billion of operations per second
4. A technology to provide high speed internet access over telephone wiring:
5.Which device is used to study the way and object behaves when the air flows over it?
Ans: Wind Tunnel
6. The part of a computer that shows visual information on a screen.
Ans: Visual Display Unit (VDU)
7. What are the machines used to check the progress of unborn babies still in the mothers womb?
Ans: Ultra Sound Machines
8. A type glass that is highly resistant to heat.
Ans: Borosilicate Glass
9. The process of killing diseases producing micro organism in food items by heat.
10. Tuberculosis is caused by it.
11. Which country in the world has maximum number of robots working?
Ans : Japan
12. What is the name of the instrument that measures wind speed?
Ans : Anemometer
13. A device used to measure the strength of magnetic field.
14. A strip of flexible plastic with magnetic coating that is used to record sound and pictures.
Ans: Magnetic Tape
15. A method of growing plants without soil.
16. Electricity produced from falling water.
17. The fear of being out of mobile phone contact is known as?
18. In which year did IT Act came into force in India?
19. A new technology which provides the ability to create an artificial world and have people interact with it is called ?
20.The device used for locating submerged object sunder sea is-