Genral Science Questions related to General Chemistry
1. Who is honored as Father of Modern Chemistry?
2. Who invented periodic table?
3. Which is the most abundant gas in the earth's atmosphere?
4. Which gas evolved from paddy fields and marshes?
5. Which toxic element present in automobile exhausts?
6. Which gases cause acid rain?
Sulphur dioxide, Nitrogen oxides
7. Which metal is used in the making of microchips?
8. What is the toxicity caused by silicon called?
9. Which polymer is used to manufacture electric switches, computer disks etc.?
10. With which polymer, the cabinets of radio and TV made of?
11. Which chemical is used to make rain coats?
Poly Vinyl Chloride(PVC)
12. Which type of plastics can be recycled?
13. What is the name given to plastics that cannot be recycled?
14. Which element is a liquid at ordinary temperature?
15. What is the chemical name of baking soda?
16. What is sodium carbonate commonly known as?
Washing soda or soda ash
17. What is sodium chloride?
18 What is table sugar?
Cane sugar (Sucrose)
19. What is the element present on lead pencils?
20. Which gas is found in soda water?
21. What is the solvent of gold?
22. Name the chemical assed to make tooth pastes white?
23. Which chemical is the reason behind the brown colour of human faces?
24. Which chemical is called Chile Salt peter?
25. What is marsh gas?
26. What is the chemical name of Chinese salt?
27. Which is the purest form of carbon?
28. Which is called white poison?
29. Which is the simplest sugar?
30. What is the biological polymer in paper?