SBI Reasoning ability solved question papers SBI stands for State Bank of India, SBI Central Recruitment and promotion of Department recruit clerical cadre in Associate Banks of State Bank of India SBI latest bank profile, SBI, free solved sample placement papers of clerk, SBI Associate Banks Clerks Recruitment 2012 notification and job details, SBI Dates of Written Examination : 07.10.2012 and 14.10.2012,SBI previous years solved question papers, SBI 2010,2011,2012 Clerks and po officer job written test examination syllabus and selection procedure, SBI PO and Associate banks clerks examination questions papers, SBIAssociate Banks Clerks Recruitment 2012 notification and detailed explanation with answers and solutions, How to crack Sbi written test examination tips and trick,SBI, General Awareness, General English, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, Marketing Aptitude / Computer Knowledge whole solved questions paper, Latest general awareness
SBI Associate Bank clerical cadre question papers and selection procedure and test pattern
Test Paper V
Subject Knowledge (IT)
1. Which layers of the OSI model are included in the lower layers?
A. Application, Session, Presentation B. Physical, Transport, Data Link C. Data Link, Physical, Network
D. Session, Data Link, Physical E. None of these
2. From smallest to largest, rank the following logical pieces of the database : data block, table space, extent, segment
A. table space, segment, extent, data block B. data block, segment, extent, table space
C. Segment, extent, data block, table space D. data block, extent, segment, table space E. None of these
3. Where are cookies stored?
A. On the server B. In web.xml C. On the client D. In HTML E. None of these
4. How is power supplied to a low-power USB device?
A. Through a power cable B. From an external power supply C. Directly from the computer's power supply
D. Through the USB cable E. None of these
5. When you are selecting a mouse for a particular computer system, what is the most important consideration?
A. The type of drivers that come with the mouse B. The length of the mouse cord C. The type of connector the mouse is equipped with
D. The number of buttons the mouse has E. None of these
6. Programme that automatically submit your search request to several search engines simultaneously are called..................
A. Metasearch engines B. Webcrawlers C. Spiders D. Hits E. None of these
7. You are planning on using a single network that support 208 users. Which IP address class would you choose to be the most effect?
A. Class A B. Class B C. Class C D. Class D E. Class E
8. Which of the following options is not a JSP implicit object?
A. Out B. In C. Response D. Page E. None of these
9. In Oracle, which statement is true about segments?
A. Each table has its own segment B. A segment is created every time an extent is created, extended, or altered
C. An index segment is created every time a table is created D. A segment is deleted whenever a table is truncated E. None of these
10. All of the following are basic principles of networks, except ...............
A. each computer must have a network card B. there must be communications media connecting the network hardware devices
C. there must be at least one connecting device D. each computer must have software that supports the movement of information
E. None of these
11. Which of the following could be a legitimate Media Access Control address?
A. 192.168.254.3 B. 3FA2.4756.F9A3 C. A5514 D. C1.3A.77.5B E. None of these
12. The term, hypertext means .................
A. Non-sequential writing B. Hypermedia C. Blinking text D. Text with heavy formatting E. None of these
13. You receive an e-mail message that forms you that a terrible virus has been unleashed on the Internet and that you should warn all the people in your Address Book. Which of the following have you most likely encountered?
A. A virus hoax B. A filter C. A spam D. A virus E. A worm
14. If 20 people need to communicate using symmetric-key cryptography, .................symmetric keys are needed
A. 190 B. 200 C. 20 D. 19 E. 210
15. What should you do as soon as you have successfully created the data base and the data dictionary?
A. Open the data base for users to start adding data B. Start adding a bunch of table space to allow users to use
C. Leave it running for a few days to make sure that nothing bad is going to happen
D. Shut it down and take a cold back up E. None of these
16. Which of the following is the default mask of a class A IP address?
A. 255.0.0.255 B. 255.255.0.0 C. 255.0.0.0 D. 255.255.255.0 E. None of these
17. What is Internet 2?
A. A new type of cabling system for Wide Area Networks
B. A second local area network that can connect with another online LAN to share access
C. A new standard for Internet browsers
D. An association to develop advanced Internet technology
E. None of these
18. Which of the following objects is passed to a Java Bean when one of its properties is set via at JSP action?
A. Servlet Request B. Http Servlet Request C. Servlet Response D. Http Servlet Response E. None of these
19. If you wanted to locate the hardware address to a local device, which protocol would you use?
A. ARP B. RARP C. ICMP D. PING E. PONG
20. In oracle, which table space is the minimum required when creating a new data base?
A. Undo table space B. Temporary table space C. System table space D. Users table space E. None of these
21. Data space red sign is not terribly difficult if the .........................
A. data base is structured B. data base is well- designed C. data space has no data D. data base is relatively small
E. data base is relatively large
22. Which of the following are normally used to initialize a computer system's hard ware?
A. Bootstrap memory B. Volatile memory C. External mass memory D. Static memory E. Random access memory
23. Which of the following is not true about two-tier client-server data base architecture?
A. SQL statements are processed on the server B. SQL statements may be processed on some of the clients
C. Business logic is mostly processed on clients D. Business logic may be processed on the server E. None of these
24. The process by which the structure of the data base is modified to eliminate hidden dependencies and repeating groups is .............
A. enforcing data integrity B. enforcing referential integrity C. indexing D. normalization E. None of these
25. Which of the following functions is not performed by TCP?
A. Flow control B. Sequencing C. Error checking D. Sub netting E. None of these
26. In oracle, who owns the data dictionary?
A. Oracle B. SYS C. The DBA D. SYSTEM E. None of these
27. The reason the data outputs of most ROM ICs are tri-state outputs is to .........
A. allow for three separate data input lines B. allow the bi-directional flow of data between the bus lines and the ROM registers
C. permit the connection of many ROM chips to a common data bus D. isolate the registers from the data bus during read operations
E. None of these
28. To drop a column that is used as a foreign key, first......................
A. drop the primary key B. drop the table C. drop the foreign key constraint D. All of these E. None of these
29. In the straight CGI approach to data-base connectivity on the Internet.....................
A. the external program is located between the client and the web server
B. the external program is located between the data base server and the data base
C. the external program is located between the web server and the data base server
D. there is no external program
30. What is the name of protocol used to eliminate loops?
A. Switching B. ISL C. Frame Tagging D. Spanning Tree Protocol E. Scanning
31. The effect of the ROLLBACK command in a transaction is the following.............................
A. undo all changes to the data base resulting from the execution of the transaction
B. undo the effects of the last UPDATE command
C. restore the content of the data base to its state at the end of the previous day
D. make sure that all changes to the data base are in effect
E. None of these
32. In Oracle, what is the default number of transactions that MAXTRANS is set to if not specified?
A. 512 B. 10 C. 40 D. 1 E. 255
33. To which pin on the RAM chip does the address decoder connect in order to signal which memory chip is being accessed?
A. The address input B. The output enable C. The chip enable D. The data input E. The data output
34. Which of the following switching methods provides the greatest frame through out?
A. Store-and-forward switching B. Frame-tag switching C. Cut-through switching D. ISL switching
E. Store-and-backward switching
35. Which kind of lock includes a keypad that can be used to control access into areas?
A. Cipher B. Warded C. Device D. Tumbler. E. Typelock
36. A gateway is .............................
A. a device that enables users to send information simultaneously over a network without slowing down transmission
B. an electronic device that connects several computing devices to a network
C. a point in one network that is an entrance point to another network
D. a device that links two or more segments of a network and helps direct traffic
E. None of these
37. Which of the following is considered a vulnerability of SNMP?
A. Clear text community strings B. Its use of TCP C. The fact that it is on by default in Windows 2000 server
D. The fact that it is on by default in Windows XP Professional E. None of these
38. Network routing information distributed among routers is stored in which of the following?
A. Flash memory B. Route table C. Metric table D. NVRAM E. Router memory
39. If the destination did not receive a segment, how will the TCP host know to resend the information?
A. The ACK received will not include the segment number that was not received
B. The ACK received will include the segment number that was not received
C. The sending host will send a PACK to verify segment receipt
D. The destination host will send a YACK message back to the sending host
E. None of these
40. What are the effects of mixing RAM modules with different speed ratings?
A. The system runs at the speed of the slowest RAM stick
B. The system runs normally C. The system runs at the speed of the memory bus
D. The system may not run, or it crashes periodically E. None of these
41. What kind of scheme is the HTTP protocol?
A. Get/ put B. Store/ forward C. Queuing D. Search/ return E. Request/ response'
42. What type of error does a memory parity error create?
A. A fatal exception error B. An NMI error C. A corrupt windows operating system file
D. A GPF error E. A GPA error
43. Which is not a part of the Oracle data base base block?
A. Header B. Row directory C. Data D. Freelists E. None of these
44. Which of the following cannot be used as the scope when using a Java Bean with JSP?
A. Page B. Request C. Session D. Application E. Response
45. Which of the following is used for integrity?
A. DES B. Diffie-Hellman C. SED D. AES E. MD5
46. What is ISL used for?
A. To allow an Ethernet interface to understand frame tags
B. To make two Ethernet interfaces appear as one
C. To connect an Ethernet switch with a high-speed core switch such as ATM
D. To allow simultaneous routing and switching
E. None of these
47. Which of the following describes programs that can run independently, travel from system and disrupt computer communications?
A. Trojans B. Viruses C. Idlers D. Droppers E. Worms
48. You need to configure a switch from a remote subnet. Which of the following must be configured on the switch?
A. Console port B. IP C. Hostname D. SNMP E. Default gateway
49. In Oracle, which is more appropriate to store a small list of values in a single column in each row in your address table?
A. ORACARRAY B. Nested table C. Index organised table D. Index E. VARRAY
50. While searching a website, you have been unable to find information that was on the site several months ago. What might you do to attempt to locate that information?
A. Visit Google's cached page to view the older copy
B. Forget about it, as there is no way to find this information
C. Visit a partner site of the organisation to see if it is there
D. Use the way back machine
E. None of these