SBI PO Syllabus 2015
SBI PO New Syllabus 2015
Here is the syllabus / pattern of questions asked in SBI PO.
Note: The numbers in brackets are number of questions asked in the exam 2014. and difficulty level - Suggestions.
1. English Language:
This section will have problems on
1. Reading Comprehension (10+10) - Moderate to difficult - It takes lot of time to find answers from these.
2. Jumbled Sentences (5) - Moderate - Practice is the key to these types of questions.
3. Close Passages (10) - Moderate
4. Errors Correction (15) - Easy to Moderate - You need to know all the english grammar rules to get better marks from these questions.
2. SBI PO Syllabus of Reasoning Section:
The reasoning section is of high level and have problems on
1. Input output (machine coding and decoding) (5) - Difficult
2. Sentence coding (5) - easy to moderate
3. Logical Reasoning (15) - Moderate
4. Syllogism (5) - Moderate
5. Puzzle / Seating Arrangement (10) - Difficult - Time consuming questions
6. Data Sufficiency (5) - Moderate level
7. Directions etc. (5) - easy
3. General Awareness + Marketing Awareness + Computer
Problems on following topics are asked. This section have ques. which are of easy, moderate level. Only better preparation of this section's topics can make a candidate to score more.
1. Current Affairs (15) - easy to moderate
2. Banking Awareness (15) - easy
3. Computer Awareness (10) - easy
4. Marketing (10) - easy to mod.
4. Data Analysis & Interpretation:
1. Line graphs (5) - easy
2. Bar chart (15) - easy to moderate
3. Pie chart (10) - moderate - difficult
4. Tables (15) - mod.-diff.
5. Probability (5) - Easy-moderate
From 2015, it will be totally online. Candidates have to type their answers on computer.
Descriptive paper is divided in 5 parts. You need to write descriptive essays on topics like given below. The test carry 50 marks and of 1 hour duration to test candidates English language skills.
Letter (10)-Questions on saving account, net banking, education loan etc.
Paragraph (8)-Rural Banking, Impact of autonomy
Precise Writing (10)-Chief Vigilance Officer
Reading Comprehension (10)- ATM and its uses
Essay Writing (12)-Technology, Right to education act, Financial Inclusion
Descriptive test is of qualifying nature. Candidates have to secure passing marks. It is tested of those candidates who qualifies in objective test.
SBI PO Syllabus 2015 - Phase 3:Group discussion and Interview
Group discussion will carry 20 marks and interview will be of 30 marks. The candidates who qualifies in both tests will be called for group discussion and interview.SBI PO Final Selection will be based on marks scored in the written test, group discussion and interview.