NIACL Exam Paper
Test - I: General Awareness
1. Which of the following countries has decided to purchase 126 Rafale fighter air-crafts from France?
2. Which of the following diseases is considered as completely eradicated from India, as no case of the same has been reported in last one year?
4) Swine flu
3. Which of the following countries in India's neighbourhood is facing charges of violation of human rights of Tamilians living there?
1) Sri Lanka
4. Which of the following is NOT an important function of Reserve Bank of India?
1) Management of Foreign Exchange Reserves
2) Foreign Exchange related current and capital account management
3) Devising Foreign Trade policy of India
4) Debt and Cash Management for State Govts
5) Regulation of Govt. Securities
5. Ms. Kamla Persad Bissessar who was on a visit to India recently is the
1) President of Trinidad & Tobago
2) Prime Minister of Trinidad & Tobago
3) President of Fiji
4) Prime Minister of Fiji
5) None of these
6. Which of the following statements pertaining to present economic situation of the world is/are true?
1) China and India are making very good progress on the economic front,thought India is a little slower than China
2) UK and almost all European nations are now out of economic crisis
3) US has decided to give 3 lakh thousand US dollars to Iraq as a compensation for its unnecessary attack on it
4) As WTO is abolished, countries are free to make their own economic coop-eration treaties
5) All are true
7. India recently signed a Multilateral Convention on Mutual Administrative Assistance in Tax Matters. This will help India in having a strict check on which of the following issues?
1) Nuclear safety of its plants
2) Illegal supply of narcotics and drugs
3) Balance of trade
4) Black money stashed abroad
5) Border trade among SAARC nations
8. Which of the following organisations of countries, at one of its crucial meetings in Belgium, in December 2011, had agreed to sign an Inter-governmental Fiscal Treaty?
3) European Union
9. Business Correspondent Framework launched by the Reserve Bank of India is a step in achieving which of the following?
1) Financial inclusion
2) Transparency in banking transactions
3) Better control over cooperative/small banks
4) Providing direct subsidy to consumers of Publc Distribution System (PDS)
5) None of these
10. Immediately prior to Sri Mukul roy who among the following was the Railway Minister of India?
1) Dr. Manmohan Singh
2) Sri Kamal Nath
3) Ms. Mamta Banerjee
4) Sri Rajiv Shukla
5) Sri Dinesh Trivedi
11. Nuclear Threat Initiative, the organisation which has compiled first ever index of security materials globally, is an agency based in
12. Who among the following was the Chief Guest at India's 63rd Republic Day (2012) function?
1) Kamla Persad Bissessar
2) Yingluck Shinawatra
3) David Cameron
4) Hamid Karzai
5) Sheikh Hasina
13. The 169th meeting of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) was organised in December 2011 in
14. The term of President Pratibha Patil in office will end in
1) July 2012
2) June 2013
3) January 2013
4) July 2013
5) January 2014
15. India played Border-Gavaskar Test series cricket matches in January 2012 with
1) New Zealand
4) South Africa
16. Which of the following organisations has recommended that financial literacy should be made part of syllabus from high schools itself?
1) Securities & Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
2) Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
3) Indian Bank's Association (IBA)
4) National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD)
5) State Bank of India
17. Ranbir Kapoor won Best Actor Award in 57th Filmfare Award functions for his film
1) Wake up Sid
2) Rock Star
3) Anjana Anjanee
5) Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year
18. Prime Minister of India was in Russia on a three day visit in December 2011 to attend
1) G-20 Summit
2) G-8 Summit
3) Festival of India
4) India - Russia Summit
5) WTO Summit
19. Who among the following is a Padma Bhushan Awardee?
1) Anand Kumar
2) Shiva Keshavan
3) Vijay Zol
4) Homi K Bhabha
5) Dipika Pallikal
20. Which of the following days is observed as AIDS Day every Year?
1) 10th March
2) 1st December
3) 10th December
4) 1st November
5) 1st March
21. Who among the following won 12th Asian Shooting(Rifle) championship organ-ised in Doha in January 2012?
1) Tao Wang
2) Qinan Zhu
3) Shriyanka Sadangi
4) Anjali Bhagwat
5) Abinav Bindra
22. Which of the following terms is used in the field of Economics?
2) Horse Power
3) Relative Density
5) Joule's Law
23. Wasim Jaffer's name was in news recently. He is a well known
1) Chess player
2) Table Tennis player
3) Lawn Tennis player
4) Golf player 5) Cricket player
24. Who among the following is the Chief Justice of India at present?
1) Justice Sujata Manohar
2) Justice Altamas Kabir
3) Justice G S Singhvi
4) Justice S H Kapadia
5) None of these
25. Which of the following represents present Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR)?
5) None of these
26. During 20th - 22nd June 2012, the 'Earth Summit' will take place in
1) New York
3) Rio De Janerio
4) Washington DC
27. Who among the following is one of the winners of Nobel Peace Prize for 2011?
1) Edmund S Phelps
2) Akira Suzuki
3) Tawakkol Karman
4) Finn E Kydland
5) Richard F Heck
28. Which of the following organisations is the regulator of stock exchanges in India?
29. Which of the following schemes is launched by the Govt of India to provide banking services in 73,000 villages in India?
3) Kutir Jyoti
30. What does the letter 'D' denote in the term 'SDR'? (as used in finance)
31. Which of the following awards is given to sportspersons?
1) Kalidas Samman
2) Saraswati Samman
3) Ashok Chakra
4) Arjuna Award
5) Vysa Samman
32. Who among the following is the President of France at present?
1) Dimitry Medvedev
2) Nicolas Sarkozy
3) Rupert Murdoch
4) Silvio Berlusconi
5) None of these
33. Which of the following books is written by Kiran Desai?
1) A Brush With Life
2) A Fortune Teller Told Me
3) Black Arrow
5) The Inheritance of Loss
34. Which of the following cups/trophies is associated with the game of cricket?
1) Davis Cup
2) Agha Khan Cup
3) Wimbledon Cup
4) Nehru Cup
5) Ranji Trophy
35. Russia is now a member of which of the following organisations and will be inducted formally from 15th july 2012?
3) UN Security Council
4) World Trade Organisation
36. Total Gross National Product divided by the total population is known as which of the following in economics?
1) Statutory Liquidity Ratio
3) National Income
5) Per Capita Income
37. Which of the following is a highlight of the Union Budget 2012-13?
1) GDP growth projected at 9% level
2) Direct Tax Bill to be introduced in 2014-15
3) FDI in retail will be allowed from 2015
4) Marginal increase in personal income tax limits
5) No new scheme in health sector will be launched
38. which of the following terms is used in the game of football?
2) Cover Point
4) Bull's Eye
5) Half Nelson
39. Which of the following combinations of the name of countries and their capitals is NOT correct?
1) Bangladesh - Dhaka
2) Afghanistan - Kabul
3) Canada - Ottawa
4) China - Beijing
5) Italy - Milan
40. Which of the following instruments is used to measure intensity of earthquakes?
4) Galvano meter