Mu Sigma Model Question Paper
1. 2 hours after a freight train leaves Delhi a passenger train leaves the same station travelling in the same direction at an average speed of 16 km/hr. After travelling 4 hrs the passenger train overtakes the freight train. The average speed of the freight train was?
2. 1/3 of girls , 1/2 of boys go to canteen .What factor and total number of classmates go to canteen?
Ans: Cannot be determined.
3. The cost of an item is Rs 12.60. If the profit is 10% over selling price what is the selling price?
Ans: Rs 13.86/-
4. An equilateral triangle of sides 3 inch each is given. How many equilateral triangles of side 1 inch can be formed from it?
5. 20% of a 6 litre solution and 60% of 4 litre solution are mixed. What percentage of the mixture of solution?
6. There are 12 boys and 15 girls, How many different dancing groups can be formed with 2 boys and 3 girls. Which of the following fractions is less than 1/3?
7. Find the value of ( 0.75 * 0.75 * 0.75 - 0.001 ) / ( 0.75 * 0.75 - 0.075 + 0.01)?
8. If a man buys 1 lt of milk for Rs.12 and mixes it with 20% water and sells it for Rs.15, then what is the percentage of gain?
9. If a sum of money compound annually amounts of thrice itself in 3 years. In how many years will it become 9 times itself?
10. A man spends half of his salary on household expenses, 1/4th for rent, 1/5th for travel expenses, the man deposits the rest in a bank. If his monthly deposits in the bank amount 50, what is his monthly salary ?
d) Rs. 900
11. If 9x-3y=12 and 3x-5y=7 then 6x-2y = ?
12. The price of a product is reduced by 30% . By what percentage should it be increased to make it 100%?
13. There are 6 red shoes & 4 green shoes . If two of red shoes are drawn what is the probability of getting red shoes?
14. If A/B = 3/5,then 15A = ?
15. City A's population is 68000, decreasing at a rate of 80 people per year. City B having population 42000 is increasing at a rate of 120 people per year. In how many years both the cities will have same population?
Ans: 130 years
16. There are two circles, one circle is inscribed and another circle is circumscribed over a square. What is the ratio of area of inner to outer circle?
Ans: 1 : 2
17. A can have a piece of work done in 8 days, B can work three times faster than the A, C can work five times faster than A. How many days will they take to do the work together ?
a) 3 days
b) 8/9 days
c) 4 days
d) can't say
18. Pipe A can fill a tank in 30 mins and Pipe B can fill it in 28 mins.If 3/4th of the tank is filled by Pipe B alone and both are opened, how much time is required by both the pipes to fill the tank completely?
19. Two trains move in the same direction at 50 kmph and 32 kmph respectively. A man in the slower train observes the 15 seconds elapse before the faster train completely passes by him. What is the length of faster train?
20. The population of a city increases @ 4% p.a. There is an additional annual increase of 4% of the population due to the influx of job seekers, find the % increase in population after 2 years?