Mu sigma Aptitude Paper
Mu sigma Aptitude Paper for Preparation:
1. How many mashes are there in 1 square meter of wire gauge if each mesh is 8mm long and 5mm wide ?
2. x% of y is y% of ?
(d) can't be determined
3. The price of sugar increases by 20%, by what % should a housewife reduce the consumption of sugar so that expenditure on sugar can be same as before ?
4. A man spends half of his salary on household expenses, 1/4th for rent, 1/5th for travel expenses, the man deposits the rest in a bank. If his monthly deposits in the bank amount 50, what is his monthly salary ?
(d) Rs. 900
5. The population of a city increases @ 4% p.a. There is an additional annual increase of 4% of the population due to the influx of job seekers, find the % increase in population after 2 years ?
6. The ratio of the number of boys and girls in a school is 3:2 Out of these 10% the boys and 25% of girls are scholarship holders. % of students who are not scholarship holders.?
7. 15 men take 21 days of 8 hrs. each to do a piece of work. How many days of 6 hrs. each would it take for 21 women if 3 women do as much work as 2 men?
8. A cylinder is 6 cms in diameter and 6 cms in height. If spheres of the same size are made from the material obtained, what is the diameter of each sphere?
(a) 5 cms
(b) 2 cms
(c) 3 cms
(d) 4 cms
9. A rectangular plank (2)1/2 meters wide can be placed so that it is on either side of the diagonal of a square shown below.(Figure is not available)What is the area of the plank?
10. The difference b/w the compound interest payble half yearly and the simple interest on a certain sum lent out at 10% p.a for 1 year is Rs 25. What is the sum?
(a) Rs. 15000
(b) Rs. 12000
(c) Rs. 10000
(d) none of these
11. What is the smallest number by which 2880 must be divided in order to make it into a perfect square ?
12. A father is 30 years older than his son however he will be only thrice as old as the son after 5 years what is father's present age ?
(a) 40 yrs
(b) 30 yrs
(c) 50 yrs
(d) none of these
13. 2 hours after a freight train leaves Delhi a passenger train leaves the same station travelling in the same direction at an average speed of 16 km/hr. After travelling 4 hrs the passenger train overtakes the freight train. The average speed of the freight train was?
14. 02: 1/3 of girls , 1/2 of boys go to canteen .What factor and total number of classmates go to canteen?
Ans: Cannot be determined.
15. The cost of an item is Rs 12.60. If the profit is 10% over selling price what is the selling price?
Ans: Rs 13.86/-
16. An equilateral triangle of sides 3 inch each is given. How many equilateral triangles of side 1 inch can be formed from it?
17. 20% of a 6 litre solution and 60% of 4 litre solution are mixed. What percentage of the mixture of solution?
18. There are 12 boys and 15 girls, How many different dancing groups can be formed with 2 boys and 3 girls. Which of the following fractions is less than 1/3?
19. Find the value of ( 0.75 * 0.75 * 0.75 - 0.001 ) / ( 0.75 * 0.75 - 0.075 + 0.01)?
20. If a man buys 1 lt of milk for Rs.12 and mixes it with 20% water and sells it for Rs.15, then what is the percentage of gain?
21. If a sum of money compound annually amounts of thrice itself in 3 years. In how many years will it become 9 times itself?
22. A man spends half of his salary on household expenses, 1/4th for rent, 1/5th for travel expenses, the man deposits the rest in a bank. If his monthly deposits in the bank amount 50, what is his monthly salary ?
d) Rs. 900