Mu Sigma Puzzle Questions
1. Two passenger trains are traveling in opposite direction. The distance between them is 110 Kms. One of them starts at 4 AM and the other starts at 5 AM on a velocity of 20 and 25 KMPH respectively.What is the time when they both will meet?
2. In a competitive examination, 3 marks are given for every right answer and 2 marks are deducted for every wrong answer. A student attempts 30 questions and obtains 40 marks.How many questions did he answered correctly?
3. The ratio of teenagers to adults in a town is 30:1. If the teenagers are increased by fifty and the adults by five, the ratio will change to 25:1.How many adults are present in the town at present ?
4. The area of a square plot with each side of 6cms is equal to the area of a rectangular plot having the width of 2.5 cms each.What is the length of the rectangular plot?
5. Can you determine how many times do the minute and hour hands of a clock overlap in a day?
6. A new company has launched a range of juicy candies. There are two flavors of which these juice candies will be available for retail - Peach and Grape. The toffees are packed in three different boxes with one containing peach candies, one containing grape candies and one containing a mixture of both. It is informed that the packaging person has accidentally mislabeled all the three boxes.If you are asked to label them correctly, how many candies will you have to pick and from which jar in order to label every box correctly?
7. You are provided by 100 kg of a fresh fruit. You are told that the fruit comprises of 68% water content and when the fruit dries, the water content decreases to just 20%.How much dry fruits will you be able to obtain from the quantity of fruits given to you?
8. Anna is two years elder than Bella who is twice as old as Camilla. If the sum of their ages is 27, Find out the age of Bella.
9. Let Sn represent the sum of first n terms of an AP.If S2n = 3Sn, then what will be the ratio S3n/Sn be equal to?
10. A room's width is half of its length. If we reduce both length and width by 6, then the area is differed by 108.What is the length of the room?
11. A train is going at a speed of 60kmph towards Delhi and returned back at a speed of 30kmph. What is its average speed?
12. You have 32 numbers. What is the least number of comparison needed to find the 2nd smallest out of them?
13. What is the next number in this sequence: 1, 11, 21, 1211, 111221, 312211, 13112221?
14. There are three boxes. One is labeled "APPLES" another is labeled "ORANGES". The last one is labeled "APPLES AND ORANGES". You know that each is labeled incorrectly. You may ask me to pick one fruit from one box which you choose.How can you label the boxes correctly?
15. A frog is at the bottom of a 30 meter well. Each day he summons enough energy for one 3 meter leap up the well. Exhausted, he then hangs there for the rest of the day. At night, while he is asleep, he slips 2 meters backwards. How many days does it take him to escape from the well?
16. A train can travel 50% faster than a car. Both start from point A at the same time and reach point B 75 kms away from A at the same time. On the way, however, the train lost about 12.5 minutes while stopping at the stations. The speed of the car is:
17. A and B invest in a business in the ratio 3 : 2. If 5% of the total profit goes to charity and A's share is Rs. 855, the total profit is:
18. An accurate clock shows 8 o'clock in the morning. Through how may degrees will the hour hand rotate when the clock shows 2 o'clock in the afternoon?
19. Father is aged three times more than his son Ronit. After 8 years, he would be two and a half times of Ronit's age. After further 8 years, how many times would he be of Ronit's age?
20. In the first 10 overs of a cricket game, the run rate was only 3.2. What should be the run rate in the remaining 40 overs to reach the target of 282 runs?