MPSC Previous Paper
1. Arrange the following States in descending order of their forest area, according to forest survey report 2009 :
(a) Arunachal Pradesh
(c) Madhya Pradesh
Answer options :
2. Which of the following hills connect Eastern and Western Ghats ?
3. Match thc following and choose the correct option from those given below :
Shifting Cultivation State
(a) Jhum (i) Chattisgarh
(b) Podu (ii) Keral
(c) Ponam (iii) Assam
(d) Dahiya (iv) Andhra Pradesh
Answer options :
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(1) (iii) (i) (iv) (ii)
(2) (ii) (iii) (iv) (i)
(3) (iii) (iv) (ii) (i)
(4) (iv) (ii) (i) (iii)
4. Match the foliowing and choose the correct option from those given below :
River Water fall
(a) Sharavati (i) Gokak
(b) Kaveri (ii) Chulia
(c) Ghatprabha (iii) Shivsamudram
(d) Chambal (iv) Girsappa
(a) (b) (c) (4
(1) (iv) (iii) (i) (ii)
(2) (ii) (i) (iii) (iv)
(3) (iv) (ii) (iii) (i)
(4) (iii) (iv) (ii) (i)
5. Which of the following factors determine diurnal and seasonal vxiation in intensity and amount of solar radiation ?
(a) Inclination of the axis of the earth.
(b) Length of the day.
(c) Extent of clouds
(d) Angle of inclination of the Sun's rays
Answer options :
(1) (a) and (b)
(2) (b) and (c)
(3) (c) and (d)
(4) All the above
6. Accumulation of mercury into human body Leads to --------------- disease
7. The continuous increase in concentration of a toxicant at successive trophic levels in food chain is :
8. The main gas responsible for ozone depletion is :
(1) Carbon dioxide
(2) Nitrogen dioxide
(4) Chloro fluro carbon
9. Heterotrophic organisms, chiefly bacteria and fungi that breakdown the complex compounds of dead protoplasm and release simple usable substances for other organisms are :
10. The First National Park established in India was -------?
(1) Jim Corbett
(2) Sanjay Gandhi
11. Which of the following is considered as a land mark year in the history of legislative action in India for environment concerns during which National Committee for Environment Planning and Co-ordination (NCEPC) was set up 7
18. Kidneys are helping to maintain pH balance by which of the following ?
(I) Adding hydrogen ions to filtrate
(2) Removal of hydrogen ions from blood
(3) Dissolving calcium and sodium ions in blood
(4) Removing carbonate ions from blood
19. One of the worst natural disasters of the World was the cyclone struck in Bangladesh. As many as 3,00,000 people, lost their lives, it is said. When did the disaster struck Bangladesh, then East Pakistan ?
20. Silicon Valley, California, United States is one of the greatest science parks in the world today as it contains hundreds of hightech information technology industries. Which of the following two statements about the Sillicon Valley is correct ?
(A) Silicon Valley was once called the "Valley of Heart's Delight"
(B) It was so called because hundreds and thousands of varieties of flowers bloomed therein.
(1) Only (A)
(2) Only (B)
(3) Both (A) and (B)
(4) Neither (A) nor (B)
21. Human development report of 2011, presented Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI) estimates of 109 countries. What proportion of population according to this report, in these countries experience multidimensional poverty?
22. What are the core values of development as described by Amartya Sen and Goulet D ?
Choose the correct option given below :
(1) Sustenance, self esteem, freedom, capabilites, entitlement.
(2) Health, nutrition, education, capabilities, entitlement
(3) Food, clothing, shelter, dl.inking water, sanitation
(4) Increase in national income, per capita income, basic needs, freedom, education
23. The June 2012, Iiio + 20 conference on sustainable developn~enta dvocated the "green economy" model. In whose book the term '~eenec onomy' was coined ?
(1) Ainartva Sen, D. Friedman, Samueisan
(2) D. Pearce, A Markandya, E.Barbier
(3) I. Quadeer, W. Berry, N. Matekar
(4) D. Greenberg, J Taylor, Schmidth
24. The velocity of radio waves is
(I) Greater than velocity of light
(2) As that of velocity of light
(3) Less than velocity of light
(4) Exactly double the velocity of light
25. According to 2011 census how many cities in India have mare than 1 million population ?