LIC general awareness questions with answers,LIC aptitude, reasoning and general awareness questions with answers
1 In which year did Gandhiji start Satyagraha Movement ?
2. An ecosystem consists of
A) producers, consumers and decomposers in a particular area.-Answer
B) all the plants and animals of an area.
C) a living community and its environment.
D) carnivorous and herbivorous of an area
3. The telephone was invented by
A) G. Marconi
B) Alexander Graham Bell-Answer
C) J.L Baird
D) Thomas Barrow
4. The crop mainly grown in hills is
A) Sweet corn
B) Sweet jowar-Answer
C) Sweet potato
D) Sweet pea
5. Who is called as the 'Prophet of New India '
A) Dayanand Saraswati
B) Sri Ramakrishna-Answer
D) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
D) Swami Vivekananda
6. Ethnic group Mongoloids are found in India in
A) Southern region
B) South-central region
C) North-western region
D) North-eastern region-Answer
7. When a vibrating tuning fork is placed on table, a loud sound is heard. This is due to
C) forced vibrations
D) damped vibrations-Answer
8. An insect-catching plant is
A) Australian Acacia
9. The method not used as a Biological control is
A) Use of predators of a pest.
B) Pheromone traps
C) Use of pesticides
D) Use of neem extracts
10. The States in India are demanding greater autonomy from the centre in the ___ field ,
D) All the above-Answer
11. Light houses are places with powerful lights to
A) guide and resolve traffic jams in crowded metro-cities during nights
B) guide and help large crowds at religious gatherings during nights
C) indicate to the incoming war-ships, the location of a harbour during night
D) guide and warn the ships coming from different directions in the oceans.-Answer
12. In a Capitalistic Economy, the Prices are determined by
A) Demand and Supply-Answer
B) Government Authorities
C) Buyers in the Market
D) Sellers in the Market
13. Who of the following has not been an interlocutor on Jammu & Kashmir ?
A) M.M. Ansari
B) Radha Kumar
C) Shujaat Bukhari-Answer
D) Dilop Padgaonkar
14. The Zone of Earth's atmosphere immediately above its surface up to a height of about 16 kms above equator and 8 Kms over the poles is known as
15. The term 'Pitcher' is associated with
16. The filament of electric bulb is made up of
17. Which of the following is called ' Brown paper "
18. A Secular State is one which :
A) has no religion of its own-Answer
B) is irreligious
C) is anti- religion
D) takes into consideration the religious sentiments of the people
19. What does Jahangir means ?
A) National Monarch
B) The Grand Monarch
C) Conqueror of the world-Answer
D) Hero of hundred battles
20. Gol Gumbaz is in
21. The early Buddhist scriptures were composed in
A) Prakrit texts
B) Pali texts-Answer
C) Sanskrit texts
D) Pictographical text
22. In Mohanjadaro, the Largest building is
A) the great bath-Answer
B) a granary
C) the Pillared hall
D) a two storeyed house
23. Where was the Royal Durbar held on November 1st 1858 to issue the Queen's proclamation ?
24. Male(Anopheles) mosquito feeds on:
A) Blood of man-Answer
B) Nectar of flower
C) Blood of Culex
D) Blood of leech
25. Tooth paste is a product sold under :
A) Monopolistic Competition-Answer
B) Perfect Competition
26. The National Development Council includes :
A) all central Cabinet Ministers-Answer
B) Chief Ministers of all the States-Answer
C) Cabinet Ministers of all the States and the Centre
D) Members of the Estimates Committee of the Parliament
27. Which of the following is not a cause of low productivity in Indian agriculture
A) Co-operative farming-Answer
B) Inadequate inputs availability
C) Sub-division and fragmentation of Land
D) Poor finance and marketing facilities.
28. The gas that is used in the manufacture of vanaspati ghee is
B) Carbon dioxide
29. Cement is usually a mixture of
A) Calcium silicate and calcium aluminate-Answer
B) Calcium silicate and calcium ferrate
C) Calcium aluminate and calcium ferrate
D) Lime stone and silicon dioxide
30. Which of the following is not a Hardware ?
A) Processor chip
31. Scurvy is caused due to the deficiency of :
A) Vitamin- D
B) Vitamin - K
C) Vitamin - E
D) Vitamin - C-Answer
32. According to a study conducted by Hyderabad's National Institute of Nutrition, The healthiest of 14 fresh fruits commonly consumed in India with maximum' Goodness Index' is
A) Indian Plum
D) Custard apple
33. The Parliament can legislate on subjects given in the Union List only in consultation with the State Government for the State of :
C) Jammu & Kashmir-Answer
34. Tsunamis are waves generated by
A) Earthquakes beneath the Sea-Answer
B) Moon's pull
C) High tides of the oceans
35. Which is the largest State of India ?
A) Madhya Pradesh
B) Andhra Pradesh
36. Which one of the following is a system software
A) Database programs
B) Word processors-Answer
37. A piece of wood is held under water. The upthrust on it will be :
A) Equal to the weight of the wood-Answer
B) less than weight of the wood
C) more than weight of the wood
38. Kamakhya temple is an important place of tourism in the State of
A) Tamil Nadu
C) Himachal Pradesh
39. Electric bulbs are filled with
B) Carbon dioxide
40. The atmospheric gas that is mainly responsible for Green House effect:
41. Wisdom teeth is the
A) 1st molar teeth
B) 2nd molar teeth
C) 3rd molar teeth-Answer
D) 4th molar teeth
42. Who of the following pairs of Nobel Laureates in Physics was awarded 2010 Nobel Prize ?
A) John C Mather, George F. Smoot
B) Albert fert, Peter Grunberg
C) David J Gross, Frank. Wilczek
D) Andre Geim, Konstantin Novoselov-Answer
43. "Tabal Chongli" is a form of folk dance associate with the State of
A) West Bengal
C) Andhra Pradesh
44. Who is the supreme Commander-in-Chief of armed forces of the country ?
A) Defence Minister
B) Prime Minister
C) Senior-most among the three service Chiefs.
45. Which of the following is correctly matched ?
B) Arunachal Pradesh-Guwahati
46. The purest form of Iron is
A) Cast iron
B) Pig iron
D) Wrought iron-Answer
47. The caste system of India was created for :
A) Immobility of labour
B) recognition of the dignity of labour
C) economic uplift
D) occupational division of labour-Answer
48. The iron ore which contains 72 % of iron is
49. Surat is located on the banks of the river :
50. The tusk of elephant is an enormously enlarged:
A) Upper incisor-Answer
B) Upper canine
C) lower canine
D) lower incisor
51. Megasthenes lived for many years at the court of the :
a) Magadha kings
b) Nanda kings
52. As per the provisional data of the 2011 census of India, the gap in literacy between men and women stands reduced to percentage points:
53. The people of the Indus Valley worshiped :
54. Haemoglobin of the blood forms carbonyl haemoglobin with:
a) Carbon dioxide
b) Carbon monoxide-Answer
c) Sulphur dioxide
d) Nitrogen dioxide
55. What should be the minimum size of a plane mirror to have the full image of a person, when he stands at a distance?
a) same size as the person
b) double the size of the person
c) half the size of the person-Answer
d) 1/4th of the size of the person
56. Banana leaf tears easily because :
a) leaf blade is thin
b) leaf blade has no veins
c) leaf blade has veins arranged in parallel manner-Answer
d) leaf blade has undeveloped veins
57. Who was the Judge against whom the Parliament initiated impeachment proceedings, but failed ultimately?
a) Justice Bhagawati-Answer
b) Justice Ajit Ray
c) Justice Sikri
d) Justice Ramaswami
58. A heavy and a lighter body of same size are dropped from a height. Which one of them will reach
a) Lighter body
b) Heavier body-Answer
c) Both of them together
d) Cannot be predicted
59. The Atomic Energy Commission was set up in :
60. The humidity of air is measured by the instrument called
61. The term ‘Gambit’ is associated with:
62. The most common indicator organism that indicates level of water pollution is :
63. Which of the following States of India has the largest length of surface roads?
a) Uttar Pradesh
b) Andhra Pradesh
64. Chhatrapati Shivaji’s Court was adorned by the Ministers called:
65. Hot water bag is used for fomentation because:
a) Water is a cheap liquid
b) Water has high specific heat capacity-Answer
c) Water has high latent heat
d) Water is easily available
66. ‘Tappatikkali’ is a folk dance associated with the State of :
a) Tamil Nadu
c) Andhra Pradesh
67. The Indian National Congress was founded in 1885 due to the initiative of :
a) Gopal Krishna -Answer
b) Dadabhai Naoroji
c) W.C. Banerjee
d) Allan Octavian Hume
68. From where are the words ‘Satyameva Jayate’ inscribed below the base plate of the emblem of India taken?
b) Mundaka Upanishad-Answer
c) Padam Purana
69. Real National Income is equal to the size of Population multiplied by :
a) Per Capita Real Income-Answer
b) Personal Income
c) Personal Disposable Income
d) Market Prices
70. The tree which releases oxygen even during night is :
71. Quagga is an extinct species of :
72. Martyr’s day is observed on the death anniversary of :
a) Mahatma Gandhi-Answer
b) Smt. Indira Gandhi
c) Lal Bahadur Shastri
d) Rajiv Gandhi
73. The expansion of the term HTML is:
a) Higher Text Markup Language
b) Higher Text Machine Language
c) Hyper Text Machine Language
d) Hyper Text Markup Language-Answer
74. The blood group that lacks antigen is :
75. Lightning conductor is made of :
76. The most abundant metal in the earth’s crust is :
77. When Indian leaders stress upon making with indigenous resources, they advocate :
a) stopping imports-Answer
b) promoting exports
d) national pride
78. The maximum strength of Lok Sabha is _______.
79. The golden fibre of India is
80. Which one of the following is known as ‘Brown Coal’?
81. The new agricultural strategy called ‘Green Revolution’ was initiated in :
82. The State of Assam has :
a) five National Parks and eleven wildlife sanctuaries-Answer
b) three National Parks and nine wildlife sanctuaries
c) three National Parks and eight wildlife sanctuaries
d) two National Parks and six wildlife sanctuaries
83. The decision of how much to produce is determined by the individuals in a :
a) Socialistic Economy
b) Mixed Economy
c) Capitalistic Economy-Answer
d) All the above
84. The famous ‘Dilwara Temples’ are situated in :
c) Madhya Pradesh
d) Andhra Pradesh
85. To edit text read by an optical scanner, one needs ____________ to translate the image into ASCII characters
a) an OMR
b) an OCR-Answer
c) a MICR
d) a digitizer
86. In mammals, the cheek teeth are :
d) Premolar and Molar
87. Who discovered Insulin?
a) William Harvey
b) Louis Pasteur
c) F.G. Banting-Answer
d) Alexander Fleming
88. The term ‘operation flood’ refers to :
a) Flood Control
b) Milk Production-Answer
c) Food grain Production
d) Population Control
89. PVC is obtained by the polymerisation of :
b) Vinyl Chloride-Answer
90. The fundamental rights have :
a) moral force behind them.
b) force of public opinion behind them.
c) legal force behind them.-Answer
d) no force behind them.
91. Which of the following is correctly matched?
a) Assam – Itanagar
b) Arunachal Pradesh – Guwahati
c) Manipur – Imphal-Answer
d) Nagaland – Shilong
92. A candidate contesting for Lok Sabha must have attained the age of :
a) 21 years
b) 18 years
c) 25 years-Answer
d) 30 years
93. The second session of the Indian National Congress was presided over by :
a) W.C. Banerjee
b) Badruddin Tyabji
c) Dadabhai Naoroji-Answer
d. Surendra Nath Banerjee
94. For controlling pollution, dust escaping from factory chimneys is to be prevented. For this :
a) metal grid or wire-mesh is placed over it.
b) a metal grid coated with an insulator is placed on it.
c) a wire-mesh coated with grease is placed on it
d) an electrically charged wire-mesh is placed on it to attract dust.-Answer
95. Which of the following is the worst flood affected area in India?
96. Which of the following is correct about Socialism?
a) State is a necessary evil.
b) State is a march of God on earth.
c) State is an unnecessary evil.
d) State promotes common goods.-Answer
97. Full form of BCG is :
a) Bacillus Cholera Germ
b) Bacillus Calmette Guerin-Answer
c) Bacillus Curative Gene
d) Bacillus Cholera Guerin
98. The organic compounds present in petroleum are separated by :
b) Fractional crystallisation
c) Frractional distillation-Answer
99. Who of the following is NOT a recepient of 2011 Nobel Peace Prize?
a) Hu Jintao-Answer
b) Leymah Gbowee
c) Ellen Jhonson-Sirleaf
d) Tawakkol Karman
100. The pH of human blood is :
1. Ankaleswar is famous for :
2. The largest city in India is :
(C) Indira Point
3. The southern most tip of India is :
(C) Indira Point-Answer
4. In which city is the countrys largest stadium located?
5. Who was the oldest person to become the Prime Minister of India?
(A) Charan Singh
(B) Morarji Desai-Answer
(C) H. D. Deve Gowda
(D) P. V. Narasimha Rao
6. Which was the first feature film shown on the TV in colour?
(B) Mother India
(C) Shatranj Ke Khiladi-Answer
7. In which city is the country s largest prison located?
8. Which is the largest orange-growing state?
(D) Madhya Pradesh
9. Who was the first Indian to win an individual Olympic medal?
(A) Norman Pritchard-Answer
(B) Milkha Singh
(C) Leander Paes
(D) P.T. Usha
10. Which is Indias largest religious community?
11. Which is the largest chilli-producing state?
(B) Jammu & Kashmir
(D) Andhra Pradesh-Answer
12. Name the first Indian soap opera which was telecast from July 1984 to December 1985.
(A) Hum Log-Answer
13. In which state is the longest canal located?
14. In which city was the first engineering college set up?
15. Which regiment of the Indian Army has won the heighest number of gallantry awards?
(A) Rajputana Rifles
(B) Punjab Regiment
(C) Madras Regiment
(D) Sikh Regiment-Answer
16. In which city was the first underground bazar constructed?
17. Who was the first Indian President to cast his vote in a General Election while in office?
(A) Neelam Sanjiva Reddy
(B) Dr. S.D. Sharma
(C) K. R. Narayanan-Answer
(D) R. Venkataraman
18. In which year did All India Radio begin broadcasting news?
19. In which city was the first milk powder plant set up?
20. Who among the following was not a Vice-President?
(2A) Gulzarilal Nanda-Answer
(B) Gopal Swarup Pathak
(C) B. D. Jatti
(D) M. Hidayatullah