Jharkhand PSC Previous Exam Paper
1. 20% of total volume of blood is stored up in the :
2. Indian sovereignty in sea extends upto ................... nautical miles.
3. What is the name of the highest summit of Nilgiri Hills ?
4. Miss India Australia .......................... has clinched the title of Miss India Worldwide 2011.
(A) Ankita Cheryl
(B) Anuradha Devika Priya
(C) Natasha Arora
(D) Ankita Bali
5. Soil can best be conserved on the hills by which of the cultivating methods ?
(A) Strip cropping
(B) Crop rotation
(C) Contour ploughing
6. Which Article of the Constitution of India confers special status to the state of J & K ?
7. B.S. Gopinath who passed away recently was a famous _________ .
8. In which one of the following five year plans the actual growth performance in India in respect of GDP (at factor cost) was less than the target set ?
(A) Sixth five year plan
(B) Seventh five year plan
(C) Eighth five year plan
(D) Ninth five year plan
9. .............. is the ex-officio chairman of Planning Commission Development Council.
(A) Prime Minister
(C) Finance Minister
(D) Commerce Minister
10. The functions of the Reserve Bank of India are :
1. issuing all notes and coins
2. distributing all notes and coins
3. formulating monetary policy
4. acting as agent of Government in respect of Indias membership of the IMF
(A) 1, 3 and 4
(B) 2 and 3
(C) 2, 3 and 4
(D) 1, 2, 3 and 4
11. The Rural Landless Employment Guarantee Programme (RLEGP) is an, extension of :
(A) Integrated Rural Development Programme (IRDP)
(B) National Rural Employment Programme (NREP)
(C) Training of Rural Youth for Self Employment (TRYSEM)
(D) Minimum Needs Programme (MNP)
12. Swarn Jayanti Gram Seva-Rozgar Yojna came into being in :
(A) April 1995
(B) April 1997
(C) April 1999
(D) July 2001
13. Which Committees recommendations are being followed for estimating Poverty Line in India ?
(A) Dutt Committee
(B) Cheiliah Committee
(C) Chakravorty Committee
(D) Lakdawala Committee
14. Hard Currency is defined as currency :
(A) which can hardly be used for international transactions
(B) which is used in times of war
(C) which losses its value very fast
(D) traded in foreign exchange market for which demand is persistently relative to the supply
15. Ten rupee notes bear the signature of :
(B) Finance Minister
(C) Secretary,Ministry of Finance
(D) Governor,Reserve Bank of India
16. Monetary policy is regulated by :
(A) money lenders
(B) Central Bank
(C) Private entrepreneurs
(D) Government policy
17. Black money is :
(A) counterfeit currency
(B) illegally earned money
(C) money earned through underhand deals
(D) income on which payment of tax is usually evaded
18. The number of Banks nationalised since 1969 is :
19. Railway Budget in India was separated from general budget in :
20. VAT is alternate of :
(A) state tax
(B) central tax
(C) both (A) and (B)
(D) neither (A) nor (B)
21. Sunrise Industries are industries :
(A) which are well-developed and have ample scope for further development
(B) which improve export performance of the country
(C) which are small-scale industries
(D) which have high growth potential and meet further requirements of the economy
22. With reference to Union Government, which one of the following undertake the country-wide Economic Census ?
(A) Department of Expenditure
(B) The National Sample Survey Organization
(C) Planning Commission
(D) The Central Statistical Organization
23. World Bank is a body :
(A) of non-official, generous individuals
(B) that controls world wide foreign exchange operations
(C) of major banks operating in different countries
(D) that gives aid to developing countries
24. What is Green Gold ?
25. In India the co-operative movement was initiated in the sector of :
(B) consumer goods production
(C) agricultural credit
(D) marketing of agricultural products
26. Nuclear fission is caused by the impact of :
(D) none of these
27. Which of the following is used as a coolant in nuclear reactors ?
(A) Heavy water
(C) Liquid sodium
28. What is the title of A.P.J. Abdul Kalams autobiography ?
(A) Me and Missile
(B) My Memories
(C) Sky is the Limit
(D) Wings of Fire
29. Optic fibres are mainly used for which of the following ?
(C) Musical instruments
(D) Food industry
30. A lighted candle gets extinguished when-covered with a tumbler because of :
(A) adequate supply of air
(B) inadequate supply of air
(C) presence of non-luminous matter
(D) none of the above