J&K PSC Previous Year Placement Paper
1.Which of the following is used as an explosive ?
(A) Phosphorous Trichloride
(B) Mercuric Oxide
2.The marine animal called Dugong which is vulnerable to extinction is a/an :
(B) Bony Fish
3. In the context of Indian Wild Life, the FLYING FOX is :
4.Which of the following cricketers has smashed the fastest century ever in any format of cricket in April 2013 ?
(A) Chris Gayle
(B) Virat Kohli
(C) Shane Watson
(D) M.S. Dhoni
5.The giant Panda belongs to the same family as that of :
6.How much is one barrel of oil approximately equal to ?
(A) 131 Litres
(B) 159 Litres
(C) 257 Litres
(D) 321 Litres
7. Which of the following is a non metal that exists as a liquid at room temperature ?
8. In an objective examination of 90 questions 5 marks are allotted for every correct answer and two marks are deducted for every wrong answer. After attempting all the 90 questions a student got a
total of 387 marks. Find out the number of questions he attempted wrong :
9.Among the following which one lays eggs and does not produce young ones directly ?
10. The release of which one of the following into ponds and wells helps in controlling Mosquitoes ?
(C) Gambusia Fish
11. Among the following which is not an Ape ?
12. In which one of the following kind of organism is the phenomenon found wherein the female kills the male after copulation ?
(D) Pit Viper
13. Which one of the following parts of the pitcher Plant becomes modified into pitcher ?
14. Which one of the following non-metals is not a poor conductor of electricity ?
15. Which one of the following types of glass can cut off the UV rays ?
(A) Soda Glass
(B) Pyrex Glass
(C) Jena Glass
(D) Crookes Glass
16. Which one of the following does not contain silver ?
(A) Horn Silver
(B) German Silver
(C) Ruby Silver
(D) Lunar Caustic
17. Which number comes next in the series, 5, 16, 49, 104, ?
18. Wi Max is related to :
(A) Bio Technology
(B) Space Technology
(C) Missile Technology
(D) Communication Technology
19. Find the odd one out :
20.Who discovered HEAVY WATER ?
(A) Heinrich Hertz
(C) G. Mendel
(D) Joseph Priestly
21. Who among the following was a great musician in the court of Akbar
a) Amir Khusro
d) Abul Fazal
22. Arya Samaj was founded by
a) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
b) Swami Dayanand Saraswati
c) Swami Viveka Nand
d) Gopal Krishan Gokhale
23. The congress session which gave the call for complete independence for India was held at
24. Khudai Khidmatgars were organized by
a) Maulana Azad
b) Abdul Gaffar Khan
c) Mohammad Iqbal
d) Liaqat Ali Khan
25. Diamond mines are located in
a) Uttar Pradesh
c) Madhya Pradesh
26. Of the following the busiest ocean trade route is
a) Suez Canal
b) Panama Canal
c) North Atlantic Route
d) Cape Route
27. Which one of the following towns is situated at the highest altitude?
28. Choose the correct capital and currency of Libya
29. Chernobyl is known for
a) Coal mine Disaster
c) Nuclear reactor disaster
d) Earth quake
30. Who is the author of National Anthem of India
a) Sri Aurobindo
b) Rabinder Nath Tagore
c) Bankim Chander Chatterji
d) Mohammad Iqbal