J&K PSC Previous Year Question Paper
1. Which were the earliest cereals grown ?
(A) Wheat and Barley
(B) Rice and Millets
(C) Millets and Maize
(D)None of the above
2. Which is the port town of Indus Valley Civilization ?
3. Upanishads are books on :
4. The village community got a lot of power during the reign of :
5. Mahabalipuram was established by :
6. Which of the following is credited with the construction of first rock cut temples in South India ?
7. Which South Indian dynasty played an important role in TRIPARTITE struggle ?
8. Samudraguptas achievements are mentioned in the :
(A) Kalinga Edict
(B) Hathigumpha edict
9. Who of the following is known for devising a method of locating geographical positions by means of latitude and longitude ?
10. The remains of Vijay Nagar Empire can be found in :
11. The IQTADARI system was introduced by :
(D) Alaudin Khilji
12. Muslim scholar who accompanied Mohammad of Ghazani was :
(A) Ibn Batuta
13. Whose work is Bijak ?
14. Firoz Shah founded many cities. Which one of the following was not built by him ?
15. Krishna Deva Raya was contemporary of :
16. Which ruler of Magadha was a contemporary of Buddha ?
(A) Chandragupta Maurya
(B) Ajat Shatru
17. Who was the advocate of the famous INA Trial ?
(A) Bhulabhai Desai
(B) Asaf Ali
(C) Subhash Chandra Bose
(D) C. Rajagopalachari
18. What was the chief programme of Swaraj Party ?
(A) Council Entry
(C) Self Reliance
(D)Quit India Movement
19. Who is remembered as pioneer of economic nationalism ?
(A) Bipin Chandra Pal
(C) R.C. Dutt
(D)Madan Mohan Malviya
20. Who was the Congress President when India became free ?
(A) Mahatma Gandhi
(B)Jawahar Lal Nehru
(C) J.B. Kriplani
21. Formation of Interim government set up on September 2, 1946 was first envisaged by :
(A) Cripps Mission
(C) Cabinet Mission Plan
(D)None of the above
22. Mahatma Gandhi first adopted the strategy of Satyagraha as a political method at :
23. Right Means and Right Ends as a twin policy of Ram Rajya was laid down by :
(A) B.R. Ambedkar
(B) M.M. Malviya
(C) M.K. Gandhi
24. Hunter Commission was appointed by British Government to probe into :
(A) Bardoli Satyagrah
(B) Khilafat Agitation
(C) Jalianwala Bagh Tragedy
(D) Chauri Chaura incident
25. When did Muslim League adopt self Government as one of its objectives ?
26. King George V visited India during the Vice-Royalty of :
(A) Lord Ripon
(B) Lord Curzon
(C) Lord Hardinge
(D) Lord Hastings
27. The minimum distance between the sun and the earth occurs on :
(A) December 22
(B) June 21
(C) September 22
28. On the day the sun is farthest to the earth, the earth is said to be in :
29.One Astronomical unit is the average distance between :
(A) Earth and Sun
(B) Jupiter and Sun
(C) Earth and Moon
(D) Pluto and Sun
30. On the surface of the moon, the :
(A) mass and weight become lesser
(B) mass remains constant and only weight is lesser
(C) only mass is lesser
(D) mass and weight both remain unchanged
31. A tide in which the high water is lower and low water is higher than normal is :
(A) spring tide
(B) neap tide
(C) moon tide
(D)none of the above
32. Which of the following will never get the vertical rays of sun ?
33. Where is the doldrum belt located ?
(A) near equator
(B) near polar areas
(C) on the Tropic of Cancer
(D) on the Tropic of Capricorn
34. Horse latitude is the term applied for :
(A) 0-5 degree N & S Latitude
(C) 30-40 degree N & S Latitude
(D) 40-60 degree N & S Latitude
35. What is meant by the term nimbus regarding clouds ?
(A) a low cloud
(B) rain imminent
(C) drizzle expected
(D) a hail bearing cloud