J&K PSC Old Question Paper
1. What is Fog ?
(A) a cumulonimbus cloud
(B) a low stratus cloud
(C) a cirro stratus cloud
(D) an altocumulus cloud
2. Plain formed due to filling up of lakes are called :
(A) Delta plains
(B) Flood plains
(C) Till plains
(D) Lacustrine plains
3. Isochrones are lines joining places with equal :
(B) Travelling time from a point
4. The other name for contour lines is :
5. Ritchie Archipelago, a collection of small islands is a part of :
(A) Andaman & Nicobar
6. The Pacific Ring of fire is associated with :
(A) Forest fire
(B) Volcano & Earthquake
(C) Oil well fire
(D) Thermal Power Station
7. Which of the following has oldest rocks in the country ?
(B) Peninsular India
(C) Indo Gangetic plain
8. The Rocks in Himalayan system are mainly :
9. Which of the following rivers flows through the rift valley ?
10. Which place receives maximum solar energy in December ?
11. Of which major River System, Teesta forms a part ?
12. The disease called black arm affects :
13. Where is sandalwood commonly found ?
(A) Tropical Evergreen forest
(B) Tropical Scrubland areas
(D) Tropical Deciduous forest
14. Where is Wild Ass Sanctuary ?
(C) Uttar Pradesh
15. Which of the following sanctuaries is known for Water Buffaloes ?
(A) Manas Sanctuary in Assam
(B) Periyar Wild Life Sanctuary
(C) Kanha National Park
(D) Corbett National Park
16. Which State is the leading producer of Coconut ?
(C) Tamil Nadu
17. What kind of soil is ideal for rice cultivation ?
(C) clayey loamy of deltas
(D) rich regur
18. Jaya is the name for high yielding variety for :
19. Where are Ambassador cars manufactured ?
20. Which of the following is not a world heritage site in India ?
(A) Kaziranga National Park
(B) Corbett National Park
(C) Konark Sun Temple
(D) Valley of Flowers National Park
21. India borrowed the idea of Federal System with a strong Central System from :
(D) New Zealand
22. The power to form new State or change boundaries of existing State rests with :
(C) Election Commission
(D) None of the above
23. Dr. Manmohan Singh, laid the foundation stone of Indias first Defence University Indian National Defence University in the State of :
(B) Himachal Pradesh
24. In which of the following years, a separate National Commission for SCs came into existence ?
25. The Supreme Court consists of Chief Justice and :
(A) Seven Judges
(B) Twenty-five Judges
(C) Eleven Judges
(D) Thirty Judges
26. A group of three students wins Rs. 1,800 as prize. They wish to share the money unequally such that the difference in the amounts is the same. If the minimum amount obtained happens to be twice the difference in the amounts, the maximum amount is :
27. The capital of Worlds newest country the Republic of South Sudan is :
(C) Jubba (Juba)
28. Which Article of Constitution permits the Supreme Court to review its own judgement or order ?
(A) Article 139
(B) Article 137
(C) Article 138
(D) Article 142
29. The Supreme Court pronounced the theory of Basic Structure of Constitution in :
(A) A.K. Gopalan v. State of Madaras
(B) Golaknaths case
(C) Keshavananda Bharti case
(D) Minerva Mill case
30. The maximum strength of elected members in a State Legislative Assembly can be :