INFOSYS PAPER ON 6th FEBRUARY 2008
Here is the pattern dear frnds
1. logical reasoning (30 ques) 40 min
2. English section (40 ques) 35 min
For logical reasoning go through rs aggarwal, the imp chapters well, thats enough but do them thoroughly.
From 1997-2002,data was given on students studied in different streams like arts ,commerce ,engineering, medical, agriculture and science. Questions were like....
1.Number of students studying medicine is what %ge of no of students studying engineering?
2.% of Students studying commerce in yr 1999 is what % of students studying in all the yrs?(ans E(no one was correct)) ............... Like that.... questions in this section were easy but time consuming better try to approximate and save time..
English section....... it is as follows
1. 2 paragraphs based question very easy ( try to do it in last minutes as it is very easy u have to just go thru it once it is of total 10 marks ). There were two paragraphs one was big one and second was relatively shorter. I did the shorter one and it was on green house effect- easy one u can even answer the questions even without reading paragraph.
2. 5 ques were given in that each ques carries four options n u have to find the correct sentence 5 marks
3. Theme detection 5 ques
4. Fit the correct word in the blanks. This is of 5 marks,,,,
5. 5 ques were given in that each ques carries four options n u have to find the correct sentence 5 marks
for verbal I will say that go for wren n martin (or Raymond Murphy) n cover articles , tenses, prepositions, subject n verb relations...trust me friends these books will help u a lot in clearing this round.
For over all logical n English prepare sincerely and friends C2D (cooperate to dominate) policy will be really helpful, even though u have done sincere efforts better do along with ur frnds. Written results were announced in the evening around 7 and I was one of the short listed candidates among 34 form our college. We were asked to leave n appear the next day for interview. Next day interview started around 12 oclock.
There were eight panels and my interview went like this...................
Me: may I come in sir?
Int: come in take
Me: thank u sir, very good morning sir.
Int: good morning , so u r sriram mohan nedunuri?
Me: yes sir.
Int: ok sriram where r u from?
Me: sir I am from Andhra Pradesh.
Int: Then how did u come here?
Me: Through AIEEE central counseling sir.
Int: Ok, tell me about
Me: sir I did my schooling from....bla bla bla.........
Int: tell me about
Me: sir both my parents are teachers....bla bla bla....................
Int: how much u expect from
Me: sir around 15 from logical n around 28 from English (they will check
Int: whats the difference between invention n discovery?
Int: tell me some thing innovative that u have done in
Me: sir I am interested in cooking and I have made many innovative dishes with rice with different ingredients...i can cook fried rice tasty n sir I am sure u cant find it outside.
Then he asked me four puzzles two verbal n two non-verbals ...those are....
1.Using 8 8s and using only +,arrange them to add up to thousand? I have tried and my approach was right...he waited for a min n asked me verbal puzzles.
2. An electric train is going from east to west whats the direction of its smoke?(electric train doesnt have smoke).
3. Marys father has four children luci, ana, Britney n who is the forth one?(Mary it self). I have answered both the verbal but not answered any non-verbal puzzle...they will just see
Int: ok, if u were a leader how u manage
Me: sir, first I will treat them as friends n give them permissible freedom n encourage their innovative ideas . if they feel any trouble in doing any job then I will try to deal them personally n even if they lag behind then I will circulate the work among them. In this way I will manage .i think he was impressed by my answer.
Int: what do u mean by permissible freedom?
Me: sir if we give over freedom, they may go beyond limits...that are why....
Int: what was
Me: sir I managed the event...bla bla bla....................
Int: do u have any questions regarding any thing?
Me: sir is there any thing for me to learn before getting in to Infosys?
Int: in case u get selected in Infosys they will provide u the necessary training. no need to learn any thing xtra concentrate on
Int: u can go now...
Me: thank u sir n nice meeting u......................................
after the interview we were asked to sit in a room n after one hr the senior HR announced the results n I was one of the final students who have been SELECTED. Really my placement experience had many unexpected turns but I cant discuss them now.....but all I can say is PRAY PRAY N PRAY TO GOD THATS ALL ..................SUCCESS WILL BE URS...........ALL THE BEST
Meet u at Infosys
Sriram Mohan Nedunuri