Question papers of IBPS Bank PO and Clerical cadre Written Test Examination Pattern and Latest Question Papers\
IBPS stands for Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Common Written Examination (CWE) for PO,Clerical and Gramin Banks Officer scale jobs
IBPS PO (CWE) Gramin Banks Latest Selection Procedures2012|Aptitude Reasoning, Data Interpretation computer Knowledge and General Awareness Questions
IBPS Previous Years question papers with answers Detailed Test Analysis|IBPS
Bank based General Awareness| IBPS Bank PO CWE Aptitude, Reasoning. Data Interpretation and Bank based General awareness
All Banks Latest Written Test pattern and Questions Papers| IBPS Previously asked Question Papers
Latest Current Affairs – 2012
1. The World’s Youngest MCP and CCNA, who has exceptionally highest IQ in the world ?
Vishalini 11 year old Indian girl Vishalini, Born in Thirunelveli, a small city of Tamil Nadu.
2. Name the Pakistani cricketer who was released from jail because of good behaviour after serving half of his 6 month sentence.
3. Which author’s autobiography release was cancelled at the Kolkata Book Fair?
4. Name the luxury watch collection launched by Seiko Watch India at a price range of Rs.1-5 lakh per piece.
5. What value of overseas inflow was injected into Indian markets in January 2012?
Rs.26,000 crore (US$5.08 billion)
6. Which guidelines have SEBI notified allowing companies to reduce promoter shareholding through private placement?
Institutional Placement Programme (IPP)
7. Which company will acquire full control of UTV Software and Communications Ltd.?
US-based Walt Disney
8. What is the value of IPO filed by Facebook?
9. Expand SAR.Specific Absorption Rate
10. Who was awarded ‘Pride of India’ award by the Indian American community in Washington?
11. Name the book launched by Sonu Nigam authored by Priya Kumar.
The Perfect World
12. Which Italian luxury brand is looking to bring its high-end homeware and furnishings retail stores to India?
13. Which country announced 3-day national mourning following violence at a football stadium in Port Said?
14. Who is World’s shortest man ?
72-year-old Chandra Bahadur Dangi of Nepal
15. Which bollywood actor was honoured with a Green Globe award for outstanding effort to fight climate change?
16. Name the singer who has been appointed as anti-tobacco campaign ambassador.
Playback Singer Shann
17. Name the car model unveiled by Sahara Force India.VJM05
18. What award was conferred to Amul company in the manufacturing category recently?
Green Globe Foundation award
19. Who have been selected for the Bharat Vikas Rathna award by the All India Business Development Association, New Delhi?
C Basavegowda, President, Mysore and Chamarajanagar District Cooperative Central Bank Ltd.
20. Who will be the only Indian driver in the Formula One for 2012 season after signing to continue with Hispania Racing (HRT)?Narain Karthikeyan
21. Name the British energy minister who resigned recently.Chris Huhne
22. Name the car launched by Ferrari for 2012 F1 season?
23. Name the CEO of Micron Technology who died in a plane crash and who has been appointed as CEO?
Steve Appleton and Mark Durcan
24. In which country have UN declared end of famine?
25. Which social networking site turned 8 recently?
26. Who has been appointed as Executive Director of Corporation Bank?
27. Who won the World Squash Federation under-21 world cup?
Egypt against India 2-1
28. Which 3-day youth festival is back after a gap of 7 years in Jaipur?
29. Who won the Champions Trophy women’s hockey tournament for the 5th time?
30.Name the Romanian Prime Minister who quit recently.
31. Name the Managing Director and CEO of Dhanlaxmi Bank who quit recently.
32. Name the Mumbai-based historian who passed away recently.
31. Name the science communicator who passed away recently.
32. In which currency is India set to pay for 45% of Iran oil imports?
33. Name the Maldives President who was appointed after Mohamed Nasheed quit.
Mohammad Waheed Hassan
34. Who has been appointed as Chief executive operations for China’s Walmart?
35. Name the novelist whose 200th birthday ceremony was observed led by Prince Charles.
36. Which company renewed sponsorship deal with Indian hockey team?
37. Which singer is launching her own social networking website exclusively for her fans?
38. Name the book featuring the problems of NRI’s living in Gulf countries released by Mohammed Ali Shabbir and written byMohammed Saifuddin.
39. India-born biologist who bags world’s 1st major international award?
40. Which country released world’s highest resolution lunar images taken by its 2nd moon orbiter, Chang’e-2?
41. What percentage of the world’s mangrove vegetation doesI ndia account for?
42. Which place in Tamil Nadu is all set to get 4th Science Park?
43. Name the Indian American orthodontist who was honoured with ‘Hind Rattan Award’.
44. What sum of amount is National Housing Bank set to receive from World Bank which would help in its refinancing programme?
$300 million(Rs.1,500 crore)
45. Name the newly elected President of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)?
46. Which cricket batting legend is been inducted into ICC Hall of Fame?
47. Name the commission setup in accordance with Section 74 of the Meghalaya Police Act.
Police Accountability Commission
48. What sum of amount has Bank of England set to pump into economy?
50 billion pounds
49. Name the electronics retailer bought by Flipkart for $25 million.
50. When is Windows 8 set to be released by Microsoft?
February 29th 2012
51. Veteran Bollywood writer-filmmaker who died recently ?
52. Which company will stop making digital cameras, pocket video cameras and digital picture frames?
Eastman Kodak Co. (Kodak)
53. Name the German’s 1997 Tour de France winner who received 2- year ban for a blood doping offence.
54. Who was honoured with Lata Mangehkar award by the Madhya Pradesh government recently?
55. Name the site launched by an Italian computer science professor who hopes it will be a challenge to the US technology giant Google.
56. Which bank is set to launch India’s first Infrastructure Debt Fund (IDF)?
57. Where is the wax sculpture of Novak Djokovic revealed?
Central Serbian town of Jagodina
58. Who has been appointed as non-executive chairman for India operations by Vodafone?
59. Name the bollywood writer-filmmaker who passed away recently.
60. Why zebras have black and white stripes (recently solved mystery)?
To keep blood-sucking files away
61. Which economist is named for US Humanities medal?
62. Who is the first Indian defence minister to visit Saudi Arabia?
63. Name the former secretary-general of Basketball Federation of India who passed away recently.
64. Name the US-based pop music queen who died recently.
65. Who won the women’s doubles event at the Pattaya Open 2012?
Sania Mirza and Anastasia Rodionova
66. Who has been elected as Deputy Chief of Indian Army?
67. Who was honoured with a posthumous Grammy award for his contributions to the music industry in area other than performance?
68. What percentage is the planned road tax for vehicles across India?
69. Who has been appointed as the Managing Director for India and SAARC operations by McAfee?
70. Who will replace Eric Simons as Indian cricket bowling coach?
Australian, Joe Dawes
71. Who took over as president of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India for the year 2012-13?
72. Name the renowned Urdu poet who passed away after battling lung cancer recently.
Akhlaq Mohammad Khan
73. Name the Karnataka Higher Education Minister who passed awayin Bangalore recently.
74. Who was honoured with Serbia’s highest honour, the Karadjordje Star medal?
75. At what value has Bank of Japan set to expand its asset purchase programme?
10tn yen($130 billion)
76. Where in India 9-day 20th World Book Fair is held?
New Delhi Read More
77. Where does India’s forex reserves stand for the week ended 17th February 2012?
78. Name the cricketer who was honoured with lifetime membership of the Sydney Cricket Ground.
79. Which country has been ranked as the world’s richest country in the list compiled by US magazine Forbes?
80. Which country did India beat to qualify for London Olympics men’s hockey 2012?
81. Which west Asian country approved for new constitution recently?
82. Which model of Nokia phone has been built with 41-megapixel sensor camera?
Nokia 808 Pureview camera phone
83. Name the chief appointed for Pakistan Air Force. Air Marshal Tahir Rafiq Butt
84. Which company signed a long-term agreement to supply 250 MW power to Bangladesh Power Development Board?
85. What value of second bailout pacakge did German parliament pass for Greece to help the country avoid a default?
130 billion euros ($174.4 billion)
86. Name the digital music store launched by flipkart.com.
87. Where in India was the inaugural World Series Hockey tournament held?
88. Which company bagged Airtel’s network deal for Maharashtra?
89. Who has been appointed as chairman of MindTree?
90. Name the online property search portal launched by HDFC in Kolkata
91. Who resigned as PepsiCo India Foods CEO?
92. Name the application launched by Vigyan Prasar and IGNOU as a free SMS service for mobile users that delivers content on science and related areas.