IBPS Bank PO CWE previous years written test examination questions with answers,IBPS Grmain BankRRBs aptitude,reasoning,general awareness,computer awareness questions with answers,IBPS Bank RRBs gramin bank largest collection of solved questions with answers
1. As per a report, India received $2.21 billion in foreign direct investment in February 2012. Which among the following countries is the top source of FDI to India?
2. Recently we read in the newspapers that Central Bureau of Investigations (CBI) has been investigating some companies for alleged violations of provisions of FCRA, 2010. What is this FCRA 2010?
[A]Foreign Companies Regulation Act 2010
[B]Fiscal Control & Regulation Act 2010
[C]Foreign Commercial Representation Act 2010
[D]Foreign Contribution Regulation Act 2010
Foreign Contribution Regulation Act 2010
3. In India, the Foreign Exchange Reserves are kept in the custody of which among the following?
[A]Ministry of Finance
[C]Reserve Bank of India
[D]Select Public Sector Banks
Reserve Bank of India
4. Which among the following country has started paying Indian Exporters in Indian Rupees, after an arrangement to that effect has been done by Government of India?
India's exporters have begun receiving the first rupee payments from Iran, thus kicking off the mechanism to skirt Western sanctions from March 2012.
5. Many banks in India have gone for ISO 27001:2005 certification for compliance with which among the following?
[A]Best Customer Service
[B]Best Security Practices
[C]Excellent Financial strength
[D]Excellent Business Values
Best Security Practices
ISO/IEC 27001:2005 is for Information technology -- Security techniques -- Information security management systems -- Requirements
6. Which among the following data are released in India on monthly basis?
[A]Only 1 & 3
[B]Only 2 & 3
[D]1,2 & 3
1,2 & 3
7. Republic of Tatarstan was recently making news as an Indian company has reportedly decided to invest in petrochemical or refining facility in the region. Which among the following statements is correct about Republic of Tatarstan?
[A]Its an independent Country in Central Asia
[B]It?s a foreign territory administered by UK
[C]It?s a federal subject of Russia
[D]It?s a sovereign country in Middle East
It?s a federal subject of Russia
8. Which of the following state Governments in India has recently launched the gram suraj abhiyan (village contact programme) to reach to the door of the people in the remote areas of the state?
9. Which among the following organization is largely funding the National Dairy Plan?Phase I ?
[A]International Development Association
[B]Asian Development Bank
International Development Association
The new central sector scheme, National Dairy Plan?Phase I (NDP-I) with an outlay of Rs 2,242 crore will be launched on April 19, 2012 at National Dairy Development Board, Anand by Sharad Pawar, union agriculture minister, government of India. Gujarat chief minister, Narendra Modi will remain present at the event. The plan is for six years and will be implemented in the 14 major milk producing states. The scheme will be largely financed with loan from the International Development Association of the World Bank and implemented by NDDB through end implementing agencies.
10. Which among the following is the short name of highest authority in India for Indirect Taxes?
Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC)
11. Which among the following can not be called an ant inflationary measure?
[A]Raising the Bank Rates
[B]Raising the Reserve Ratio Requirements
[C]Purchase of securities in the Open Markets
[D]Rationing of the Credit
Purchase of securities in the Open Markets
The C is correct option. This is because Purchase of securities in the Open Markets would lead to more liquidity system and more liquidity means more money will chase the same goods.
12. If the Reserve Bank of India wants to increase the Cash Reserves commercial Banks, which among the following would be the most probable step taken by it ?
[A]Release Gold from its reserves
[B]Buy bonds in the open market
[C]Prohibit the transactions that involve bill of exchange
[D]Increase the tranche reserves with the IMF
Buy bonds in the open market
When RBI buys bonds in the open market, Banks get money and Cash Reserves would increase.
13. The Government of India has recently launched a ?Youth to the Edge? pilot scheme in North East India for which among the following purposes?
[A]To encourage the youth of the North East India to take active participation in development programmes
[B]To provide laptops to the Youth of the North East India
[C]To introduce youth from rest of India to the North Eastern Culture
[D]To provide vocational education to the youth of North East
To introduce youth from rest of India to the North Eastern Culture
The Pilot Scheme aims to introduce youth from rest of India to the North Eastern Region (NER) and organise combined adventure activities along with the youth from NER. They will also be given exposure about local culture, traditions and life style. Conduct of adventure training will benefit the participants by inculcating spirit of adventure, environmental awareness, national integration, casualty evacuation, promotion of adventure tourism, channelizing youth energy in positive direction, sense of self employment and self recognition.
14. What is the approximate average fertilizer consumption in India per hectare of land?
With average fertilizer consumption at 144.14 kg per hectare India is using much less quantities of chemical fertilizers compared to other developing countries. But imbalanced use of chemical fertilizers coupled with low addition of organic matter and neglect of micro and secondary nutrients over the years has resulted in nutrient deficiency and deterioration of soil health in many parts of the country, particularly in the intensively cultivated Indo-Gangetic plains.
15. The new variety Rajarajan 1000 is of which among the following?
16 Barclays Chairman 'Marcus Agius' was recently compelled to resign for being involved in a scandal which has dealt a devastating blow to the bank's reputation.The scandal is related to:
[B]LIBOR interest rates
[D]Credit Default Swap
LIBOR interest rates
17. Who among the following has become the third cricketer from India, after Mohammed Azharuddin and Ajay Sharma in 2000, to suffer a life ban for bringing the game into disrepute?
18. Which online travel portal has acquired 'Travelguru', the Indian arm of US travel services provider Travelocity, to become the largest provider of hotel bookings in the country?
19. Sistema Shyam Teleservices Ltd.(SSTL) lost 21 licences after the Indian Supreme Court cancelled all 2G spectrum licences in February, 2012. Sistema, which holds a 53 per cent stake in SSTL is a _______ conglomerate.
20. Which of the following places was recently attacked by armed militants from the fundamentalist 'Ansar Dine' group just two days after it was named as an endangered world heritage site by UNESCO?
[D]Bamiyan Valley, Afghanistan
21. Who among the following was recently appointed as the director of ISRO Satellite Centre (ISAC)?
22. Which among following has recently been included by UNESCO in its coveted list of World Heritage Sites?
[A]Silk Route sites in India
[B]Matheran Light Railway Network
[C]Riverine Island of Majuli
29 Consider the following Statements:
1.There are 12 Millenium Development Goals(MDGs) which have to be met by 2015.
2.According to the latest United Nations Report, India is likely to miss the Millennium Development Goal (MDG) related to maternal health.
Which among the above Statement(s) is/are correct?
[C]Both 1 and 2
[D]Neither 1 nor 2
30 The 2012 UEFA European Football Championship, commonly referred to as Euro 2012 was won by :
31 Which Panel/Committee has recently given recommendations for deletion of cartoons on politicians and bureaucrats from the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) textbooks?
[A]Yash Pal Committee
[B]D.S Kothari Committee
32. Which among the following organization has been conducting surveys of the strength of financial markets of various countries and ranks them accordingly in its flagship annual "Financial Development Report"?
[C]World Economic Forum
World Economic Forum
33 Which among the following sector has been the most affected sector in Global Economy by the Global Financial Crisis?
[A]Banking & Finance
Banking & Finance
Banking & Finance sector were hit most followed by Auto sector. The sub prime lending was the reason and Banks from US Govt. wished to provide bail out packages to them
34. In context with the Mid Day Meal Scheme, consider the following statements:
1. It?s a social Sector programme
2. The scheme has a long history especially in Tamil Nadu and Gujarat
3. Its precursor programme was National Programme of Nutritional Support to Primary Education (NP-NSPE) in 1995
Which among the above statements is / are correct?
[B]1 & 2
[C]2 & 3
[D]1, 2 & 3
2 & 3
First statement is not correct , because its not a social sector programme. Please note that today, Mid day Meal scheme is serving primary and upperprimary school children in entire country.
35. Many a times, we read in Financial Newspapers about a term called "Loan Syndication". What exactly is Loan Syndication?
[A]In Loan Syndication, more than one debtors applying for a loan to one creditor
[B]In Loan Syndication, more than one creditors coming together to provide single loan
[C]In Loan Syndication, more than one creditors coming together to provide multiple loans
[D]All of above
In Loan Syndication, more than one creditors coming together to provide single loan
36. Many a times, we read in the newspapers about the "Indian Depository Receipts". Which among the following is not a correct statement about the "Indian Depository Receipts"?
[A]They are derivative instruments
[B]They have shares as the underlying assets
[C]They are non-negotiable Financial instruments
[D]They are regulated by RBI as well as SEBI
They are non-negotiable Financial instruments C is incorrect Global Depository Receipts (GDRs) and American depository receipts (ADRs) & Indian Depository Receipts all are negotiable instruments.
37. The Investor Education and Protection Fund (IEPF) for promotion of investors? awareness and protection of the interests of investors, is under which among the following ministries in India?
[A]Ministry of Finance
[B]Ministry of Corporate Affairs
[C]Ministry of Commerce
[D]Ministry of Overseas Affairs
Ministry of Corporate Affairs
38 The "Malwa Trophy" is related to which of the following sports?
39. Many a times, we read about the Teaser Rates in newspapers. What exactly comprises "Teaser Rates" ?
[A]A bank advertises heavily on higher interest rates on the fixed deposits and other debt instruments and then lowers the rate suddenly
[B]A bank advertises heavily on to draw potential customers by offering them rewards on home loan agreements and following acceptance, the buyer is forced to pay back a higher interest rate on the loans
[C]A Bank offers a low introductory rate in the beginning on a home loan, which increases after a certain period and higher than the normal rate
[D]A Bank offers high introductory rate in deposit instruments which later on goes down after a certain period
A Bank offers a low introductory rate in the beginning on a home loan, which increases after a certain period and higher than the normal rate
40. In context with various Banking Related terms, what is the correct full form of PCR?
[A]Profit Credit Ratio
[B]Provision Credit Ratio
[C]Provisioning Coverage Ratio
[D]Profit Coverage Ratio
Provisioning Coverage Ratio
Provision coverage ratio refers to the percentage of the loan amount that the bank has set aside as provisions to meet an eventuality where the loan might have to be written off it becomes irrecoverable. In simple terms it can be explained as bad debts which becomes a loss to the bank. It is a measure that indicates the extent to which the bank has provided (set aside money to bear the loss) against the troubled part of its loan portfolio. Provision coverage ratio = Cumulative provisions / Gross NPAs Here NPA means Non ?Performing Asset.
40. In context with the investment in securities, what exactly do we call the process under which the value of the securities is taken into account at their current price ?
[C]Mark to Market