HONEYWELL PAPER ON 17TH MARCH AT HYDERABAD
Hi every one, My name is Sarath completed B.Tech.(CSE) .I have attended the Honeywell at Honeywell campus in Bangalore on 23rd aug 2008. But I cleared only two rounds and I lost in technical round.
The pattern is as follows:
1) Written Test-1(objective- technical)
2) Written Test-2(Descriptive- aptitude+technical)
3) Technical Interview-1
4) Technical Interview-2
5) HR Interview 1)Written Test (objective)
There are two different question papers
1. Electronics stream 2. Computer stream
I belongs to computer science stream. Again there are two different sets of question papers in each stream. This test consists of 40 technical questions. The duration is 45 min.The questions are mainly from C&DS, OS, DBMS, NETWORKS, MICRO PROCESSORRS,
Some of the questions are:
1. Open addressing and chaining are the methods used for
a) sorting b) searching c) conflict- resolution d) none
2. Arrange the following in the increasing order of space complexity
a) Merge sort, quick sort, heap sort b) quick sort, merge sort, heap sort
c) heap sort, quick sort, merge sort d)
3. Given a tree and asked the preorder traversal
4. Given a graph and asked the BFS for it
5. If a table is in 3NF, it is also in
a) 2NF b) BCNF c) both d) none
6. definition of view
7. In DBMS data is recovered from a crash immediately by using
a) storing one copy in another disc b) catalog c) checkpointing d)
8. one more question on normal forms i.e., about transitive dependencies
9. which is the first general purpose microprocessor developed by Intel
a) 4004 b) 8080 c) 2002 d)
10. which of the following flag is not set for JUMP instruction
a) carry flag b) auxillary carry flag c) zero flag d) parity flag
11.Which of the following is an IPV6 address
12. what is the minimum and maximum size of TCP header
a) 10 bytes b) 20 – 60 bytes c) 20- 50 bytes
13. If a number of computers are connected to a central hub then it is called
a) star topology b) bus topology c) ring topology
14. which protocol is used to transfer data using TCP for a serial or parallel port
a) ppp b) IPX c) TCP with Net BEUI d)
15. which of the following is a non preemptive scheduling
a) FCFS b) round robin c) shortest job first d)
16. which of the following is not a synchronization tool.
a) semaphores b) mutex c) shared memory d) all
17. Unix uses _________ scheduling
a) round robin b) priority scheduling c) d)
18. In which layer the conversion of data structures of the data transferring into the format of host is done in
a) application layer b) transport layer c) presentation layer d) data link layer
19. The correct order of data transfer when transferring data from magnetic disk to System is
a) magnetic diskà main memoryàcache memoryàregisters
b) magnetic diskà main memoryàregisters
c) magnetic diskà main memory/cache memoryàregisters
20. Given a binary number which is equivalent to a decimal number including a sign
a) 100 b) -100 c) 101 d)-101
21. which of the following is not true about functions.
a) functions can call by itself
b) function may or may not return any value
c) function should be defined in the same order as they are declared before
22. If we declare a const variable as static, then its _________ changes
a) life b) scope c) initial default value d) storage
23. What is the o/p
#define f(x,y) x=x+y;y=x-y;x=x-y;
printf(“ The values of a and b are, %d, %d”,a,b);
a) 10 5 b) 5 10 c) 5 5 d) 10 10
a) the size of ptr incremented by 1 byte
b) the size of ptr incremented by 2 bytes
c) the size of ptr incremented by 4 bytes
I remember these questions only. Remaining are mainly c programs.Around 350 members attended in main campus . Around 80 cleared this round(computers +electronics)
2)Written Test-2(Descriptive- aptitude+technical)
Next round is again written test consists of 7 aptitude questions and 10 technical questions(all c programs). This test is common for all.
The aptitude questions are
1)There are 4 women to cross bridge and Flashlight.One or two women can cross the bridge with the flash light at a time.those have different walking speeds.The pair must walk at the rate of slower pace
Then what is the minimum required time to cross the bridge by all the 4 women without throwing flashlight?
Ans) 19 min
First woman1 and 2 will go to other end in 2 min (at the slower pace of woman2)à 2m
Woman 1 will come back -à1min
Woman 1 and 3 will go--à 5min
Woman 1 will come backà1min
Woman 1 and 4 will goà10min
2)There are cats got together to decide killing the mice of 999919,each cat kills equal no. of mice and each cat kills more no.of mice than cats there were.Then what are the number of cats?
3)the tree grows first day 1/2 of its original size,grows 1/3 of its previous day size, and grows 1/4 and so on. How many days it will take to grow 100 times to the original size of tree?
Ans) 150 days
4)There is one 40 kg weight stone. How many weights should I break from this 40 kg so that it can measure any weight between 1kg to 40 kg?
5)There is one monkey climbs 3fts and slips down 2fts of a tree in 1 hour. How much time it will take to reach the top of the tree of 20fts height?
Ans) 18 hours
6) A ball is released from a height of 100 mts. After falling on the ground it raises to a height of half of the previous height and the process repeats until it comes to rest. What is the total distance traveled by the ball throughout the journey.
7) Complete the series
31 62 __ 25 65 __ 19
Totally (both campuses) around 50 (cs+ec) members cleared this round.
1) Write a C function to search a number in the given list of numbers .donot use printf and scanf.
printf(“Biggest number is %d”, z);
Write the expression for z to print the biggest of three numbers using conditional operator.
Ans) z=((a>b)&&(a>c)) ? a : (((b>a)&&(b>c))?b:c)
3) if( condition)
What should be the condition to display the output as “hello world”.
4) what is the output of the following program
Remaining questions are on pointers i.e., what is the output of the program
Technical Interview – 1
In this round they mainly concentrate on C and C++.
The first question is Rate urself in C .He wrote the algorithm for gcd and asked me to write the program for it.
What is virtual function.
What is meant by monolithic operating system
What printf statement will return
What is the difference between multiprogramming and multitasking
Is UNIX multiuser os & Is windows ?
What is preprocessing
Write c program for queue
Write the layers in OSI model and what is the difference b/w connection oriented and connection less
Is sending SMS conn. oriented or conn. less?
And sending mail is conn. oriented or conn. less?
What is use of “tail” command in unix
And “ps” command
Water fall model in s/w engg.
He asked What is a process
I told program under execution
He asked what is program
I told sequence of instructions
He again asked what is meant by instruction etc. So be strong in technical subjects mainly c and c++.
Technical Interview -2HR
All The Best