HCL recruits B.Tech, B.E., MCA students only.
B.Tech, B.E. in the stream of ECE, EEE, CSE, IT, E&I and other departments are eligible.
No Standing Arrears. History of arrears depends upon the panel setup the HR. Some one HR rejects students who are having History of arrears will not eligible for online test itself.
Usually HCL Campus Placement Contains
1. Computer Based Online Aptitude Test
Online Test is outsourced by Aspiring Minds for HCL. It contains 4 modules. They are
2. Technical Group Discussion:
Registration will be there to confirm the identity, you have to take a print out of email.
Usually technical interview will be questioned from your areas of interest.
For ECE students, Please read the basics of Electronic Devices, Electronic Circuits, Digital Electronics, Signals and systems, Digital Signal Processing, Analog Communication, Digital Communication, System design Using Integrated Circuits, Microprocessor and microcontrollers such as 8085, 8086, 8051 etc. Candidates must know the basics of C, C++ and OOPS concept. No need of programming capability.
4. HR Interview:
Usually who are cleared the Technical Interview, will be interviewed by HR for a formality only. Those who are cleared Technical interview can have the guts will be selected by the company. But due to lack of communication skills, there are lot of students rejected by HRs.
They can ask Tell about yourself, why I should hire you, are you eligible for this position and many more.
For Our Campus Recruitment following sections were kept. HCL rejected Bio-Medical engineering students in our campus recruitment. Even they have not allowed to attend online test.
Day 1(Computer Based Online Aptitude Test):
Test was conducted for 2 days from 27,28 November 2010. I attended on 27th November 2010 8:30 A.M batch. Test was okay. I didn't prepare much because I studied for many other companies placement tests. Basic questions were asked it was not easy and one cannot say tough also. This was my first computer based test so I feeling was uncomfortable especially in reading section. I had no hope in clearing because 1200+ students might have attended and if test was easy cut off will be high.
For me English verbal ability is very tough, other three modules were very easy. Luckily I cleared the test. So to clear aspiring minds go through R.S. Aggrawal regularly and of course luck must also favour you. Eventhough I have not touched R.S. Aggarwal even one. If you know the basic formulas and techniques how to solve, then it is enough.
They announced results immediately for two batches around 2 pm. This time they did not send the results through email.
Day 2(Technical and HR interview):
Only 130 candidates cleared Online Aptitude Test. They told Technical and HR interview will be done in one round itself. I had a little bit of fear. I was interview by a Lady HR. It was sharply 11 am on 28th November 2010, I was attending HR interview.
Me: Pondicherry is located in seashore of bay of Bengal. It is famous for manakula vinayagar temple, aurobindo ashram, distilleries, fake movie cd’s etc.
On 28 November 2010 around, 5.00pm they announced shortlisted members. Around 110 members were selected from 130 members. At last I got selected in HCL. Then they told about the packages. They told that our offer letters will be send by email.
Remember that HCL usually sends email to their selected candidates. But for me, they announced the results there itself.
After that I thought I was going to break world record of attending maximum number of interviews (2+) but thank god I got selected by No: 1 employer in Asia.
So tips to those who read my experience:
1. Never lose hope and be always positive. You are the king, no one is capable of succeeding you. No one knows anything more than you. Always be confident.
2. Use a Unique email id and a mobile number for everything, don’t change the email id or contact no. for any circumstances. If you changed the email id or contact no., inform them that you have changed the email id or contact no.
3. R.S.Aggrawal is enough for clearing the aptitude. If possible go through GRE barron book. Try to take any online aptitude test which will be very useful. Now a days lot of online tests are available.
4. Walk English, drink English, eat English, think English, ran English do everything In English to clear GD.
5. Understand the concepts of what you know. No need to be jack of the all trades but be master in 2 or 3 subjects. Be confident and calm. Say no if you cannot answer and never bluff. Answer in such a way that it diverts HR to the area in which you are strong. Always smile which gives a positive attitude.
6. Don’t put anything that will be a false information in resume. Sometimes you will be caught in the interview by the HR by asking questions in that area.
8. In HR round, for any question try to answer, don’t be calm. Speak something related to that topic eventhough you don’t know. If you not answered the question, ask sorry.
9. And making new friends while attending interview is good. It will relax you and the person whom you are meeting. If you cannot clear interview stay in touch with them so that he/she will tell you about opportunity in any other company or help you out in future after getting job.
I hope that my HCL experience was useful to you. Please share your interview experience and placement papers in this website so that it’ll be helpful for others. Wishing you all the success and great careers.
Thank you for reading my experience!