HCL previously asked aptitude question and answers.HCL Candidate experience with question and answers -HCL Placement papers
Over the past decade, HCL has been one of the fastest growing technology companies not only in India but in the world. Here are some of the questions asked in one of the recent recruitment drives conducted by HCL.
There is an online test which covers the following.
a.Aptitude questions with verbal reasoning and verbal ability. There were questions asked on profit and loss, permutation and combination, probability, percentage, simple interest etc.
Technical papers included subjects like c,c++ and data structure.
Here are few of the questions asked in the latest HCL test.
1.Riya is twice as old as Priya now. Three years ago she was thrice as old as priya.How old is Riya now?
a. 7 years
b. 9 years
c. 6 years
d. 12 years
2. Complete the series 81, 69, 58, 48, 39, -----
3. Riya and Priya set on a journey. Riya moves eastward at a speed of 20kmph and Priya moves westward at a speed of 30 kmph.How far will be priya from Riya after 30 minutes
4. What percentage of 20 is .05?
5. If a number cube is rolled once and coin is tossed once. What is the probability that the coin will show tails and composite number on the cube?
6. A loan of Rs.700 is made at 9.5% simple interest for 4 months. How much interest is owed when the loan is due?
b. Rs 23
c. Rs 22
d. Rs 24
7. If ¼ of ¼ is subtracted from ½ of ½, the result will be
8.If x(a) = a2 +2a-1, then x(8)-x(5) =
9. How many pieces, each of length 4.5 meters, can be cut out of 225 meters of wires?
10. During a stock clearance sale, a pair of shoes which costs Rs.500 was sold at a small profit of 5%. What was the selling price of the pair of shoes?