GPSC General Knowledge Questions for Gujarat Educational Service
1. The largest single organ of the human body is
2. The fear of bees is
3. Misattribution of a person's undesired thoughts, feelings or impulses on another person who does not have those thoughts, feelings or impulses is
4. Which type of mirror is used in rear view mirrors of vehicles?
(D)Piano concave lens
5. The mass of a body is 8 kilogram on earth. What is its mass in moon?
6. Soap is used for washing clothes, why?
(A)It reduces the surface tension of water so that water easily gets into the holes in cloths.
(B)It increases the surface tension of water so that water easily gets into the holes in cloths.
(C)It decreases the temperature of water and increases its viscosity
(D)It increases the temperature of water and increases its viscosity
7. The chemical name of baking soda is
8. We cannot lift up a chair while sitting on it. The reason for this is:
(A)External force cannot move a body.
(B)Internal and external forces are cancelled.
(C)Internal force cannot move a body
(D)Internal force acts against gravitational force.
9. Cutting is easy with the sharp end of a knife. It is due to:
(A)The force acting on the sharp edge is more because the surface area is less.
(B)The force acting on the sharp edge is less because the surface area is less.
(C)The thrust on the edge is independent ofthe surface area.
(D)None ofthe above.
10. Which ofthe following is equivalent of Accra, Baku and Apia?
11.The difference between a spring balance and in ordinary balance in which there are two pans are
(A)Spring balance measures mass of the body and ordinary balance measures weight of the body
(B)Spring balance measures weight of the body and ordinary balance measures mass of the body.
(C)Both the balances measure mass of the body.
(D)Both the balances measure weight of the body.
12. 'Sun contains helium1. This statement is:
13. The cells used in mobile phone are:
(C)Nickel cadmium cells
14. The branch of clinical study related to hearing, taste and smell is:
15.Scurvy is the disease caused by the deficiency of
16. Energy to carry out any action of life process is obtained from:
17. "The Three Mistakes of My Life" is a book authored by:
18. David Davidar who resigned recently as CEO, headed which publishing house?
19. Which institution established on IstApril .1935 and headed by Sir Osborne Smith celebrated its 75th anniversary recently?
(A)Indian Olympic Association
(B)Reserve Bank of India
(D)Life Insurance Corporation of India
20. Which of the following organisation has giant Panda as its symbol?
(D)World Wide Fund for Nature
21. Which among these political leaders has won the Nobel Prize for literature?
(D)Jimmy Carter. .
22. Name the inventor of B lack Box Flight Recorder who died recently:
(C)Thomas Alva Eddison
23. To which party does David Cameron the recently elected British Prime Minister belong to:
(C)Liberal Democrats Party
(D)None of the above
24. Which famous Indian artist accepted Qatari citizenship in February 2010?
(D)None of the above.
25. "Life is God" is the tage line of which consumer durables company in India?
26. Which of the following leaders died in the battle field in the Revolt of 1857?
(B)Bahadur Shah II
27. "What Congress and Gandhi have done to the Untouchables" is a book written by:
28. Who among the following was known as the 'Indian Gladstone'?
(C)Gopal Krishna Gokhale
(D)Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad
29. Prabudha Barat was a paper published in English by:
(A)Louis Vivian Derozio
(B)Gopal Hari Deshmukh
30.The Radical Democratic Party was founded in 1940 by: