FCI general awareness questions with answers FCI question for practice FCI free solved sample placement papers
August 2012 Multiple choice questions with answers
1. According to the data provided by the Marine Products Export Development Authority (MPEDA) in August 2012, India's marine exports are expected to grow by what per cent year-on-year to USD 4.5 billion in 2012-13 fiscal?
2. In a move aimed at encouraging investment sentiment in the country, the Union Finance Ministry approved what per cent of foreign direct investment in insurance and pension sector in August 2012?
3. Extending the guidelines of securitisation of loan from banks to non-banking finance companies (NBFC),India’s Central Bank Reserve Bank of India on 21 August 2012 tightened the securitisation norms for NBFCs. Which of the following facts are not true with regards to the statement?
1. RBI instructed that a non-banking finance company will have to retain at least 5 per cent of the loan being sold to another entity.
2. RBI in its revised guidelines also stipulated that NBFC cannot sell or securitise a loan unless five
monthly installments have been paid by the borrower
3. The latest directives from the RBI are aimed at checking unhealthy practices and distributing risk to a wide spectrum of investors
4. These guidelines have to implemented by NBFCs in two phases by the end of October 2012.
a. 1 & 3
b. Only 1
c. Only 2
d. Only 4
4. As per the data revealed by the Union Aviation Ministry in the Parliament in August 2012, the loss incurred by Air India following its merger with Indian Airlines between 2007-08 and 2011-12 has been pegged at what amount?
a. 21146 crore rupees
b. 23535 crore rupees
c. 32971 crore rupees
d. 28046 crore rupees
5. The high-level committee on external commercial borrowings (ECB),chaired by secretary, department of economic affairs Arvind Mayaram decided to further liberalise the foreign borrowing norms. Which of the following with respect to the liberalization norms are not true?
1. It was decided to permitted non-resident entities to provide rating enhancement facility to Indian borrower
2. The government permitted foreign entities to provide credit enhancement to rupee bonds of Indian companies. The minimum maturity period of such rupee bonds was reduced from seven years to three years.
3. The panel also decided to increase the maturity of such buyers credit to maximum seven years thereby allowing companies flexibility in payment
4. Infrastructure and manufacturing companies can re-finance a higher proportion of their rupee borrowings via cheaper overseas debt. These infrastructure and manufacturing companies can now tap overseas loans up to 75% of their average forex earnings
a. Only 2
b. Only 1
c. Only 3
d. 2 & 3
6. Which of the following statement/statements is/are not true in relation to United Nations General Assembly adopted Resolution on Syria
(a). Those who opposed the UN resolution including China, Iran, North Korea, Belarus, Cuba argued that putting pressure only on one party would not help resolve the Syrian issue and would instead derail the issue from the track of a political settlement.
(b). The United Nations General Assembly on 5 August 2012 adopted a non-binding resolution that condemns Syria's use of heavy weapons in the fight against rebel forces
(c). The resolution got 133 votes in favour in the 193-member body, while 12 voted against the resolution.
(d). India abstained from voting after it found some of the provisions of the resolution contrary to its long held stance on the Syrian crisis.
7. Which two countries signed Agreement for the Modernisation of Indian Railways
(a) United States and India
(b) India and Belgium
(c) India and Afghanistan
(d) Russia and China
Answer. (b) India and Belgium
8. PRI Leader Enrique Peña Nieto elected the New President of ………………………
9. Which are the two countries signed an signed Collaborative Academic Research Programme Agreement
a. China and United Kingdom
b. India and Israel
c. France and United States
d. China and France
10. Romania’s President ……….. survived the impeachment
a) Traian Basescu
b) Ion Iliescu
c) Nicolae V?c?roiu
d) Crin Antonescu
Answer: (a) Traian Basescu
1. Name the yesteryear actress who featured in the popular song ‘Ae Meri Zohra Jabeen’ from the film ‘Waqt’who passed away recently.
Achala Sachdev passed away at a Pune hospital on April 30, 2012. Achala was 91 year old. Read More
2. Where in India, largest solar power plant with an installed capacity of 40 MW started producing electricity?
Pokhran in Jaisalmer district of Rajasthan
3. Which department in India plans to set up 1000 ATM’s across 6 states?
4. Who created history by becoming the first Indian female wrestler to have qualified for the London Olympics 2012?
5. Who has been appointed next Chairman of Atomic Energy Commission?
Ratan Kumar Sinha
6. In which part of India, Indo Tibetan Border Police headquarters is to be opened?
7. Which state’s High Court has insisted that banks cannot freeze accounts nor stop services of issuing cheque book or ATM facility where the account holder has not supplied KYC (Know Your Customers) documents?
8. Name the former Haryana chief secretary who took oath as state information commissioner ?
9. Which State becames the 3rd state in India to launch State Portal (SP) and State Service Delivery Gateway (SSDG) project?
10. Who won the World Series Hockey 2012 title?
11. In which state Urdu medium Government schools would be setup as announced by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav?
12. Where is the World’s first Virtual shopping store opened?
13. Who is named as HSBC’s India CEO?
14. Which Indian state bans guthka from 1st of April 2012 to curb the increasing number of mouth cancer cases?
15. Which Indian state chief minister has urged union Finance Minister to bail it out of its huge burden?
16. Name the Jammu and Kashmir High Court Chief Justice who was sworn in as Supreme court judge ?
17. Name the Gujarati techie whose name has emerged for India’s President as the nation has to elect 16th President in July 2012 ?
18. At what value Air India’s restructuring plan was approved by a group of 19 banks led by SBI?
19. Which services Airtel is planning to launch in Kolkata in April 2012?
20. Name the nuclear submarine which joined Indian Navy.
21. Which education company bagged Rs.209 crore order from Assam Government?
22. Which 2 north Indian states will have pipeline connected oil terminals for supply of diesel, petrol and kerosene?
Jammu and Himachal Pradesh
23. Which Asian country has issued tender to buy minimum of 30,000 tonnes of basmati rice from India and Pakistan?
24. NSE founder who passes away Recently?
Dr R H Patil, chairman, Clearing Corporation of India (CCIL) and founder-managing director of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) passed away in Mumbai. Read More
25. Who donated 1 million Singapore Dollars to Indian Heritage Centre?
Founder of Singapore-based IT company Si2i Mobility B.K.Modi
26. Name the world’s highest and longest bridge that was officially opened to motorists in China.
Anzhaite Long-span Suspension Bridge in Jishou
27. Which bank has opened 16 Ultra Small branches in 16 locations in villages to cater to financial needs of the rural populace?
28. Who has been conferred with Sir Jehangir Ghandy Medal?
29. In which city in Kerala will Infosys setup its 2nd campus?
30. Which bank will set up 1-person micro branches to serve remote areas of the northeastern region financially?
Indian Overseas Bank
31. Which act does not allow to prosecute (no wife can claim compensation or maintenance) husband’s girlfriend?
Protection of Women from Domestic Vilonce Act, 2005
32. Name the 3 Indian hockey players after whom tube stations in London has been renamed.
Dhyan Chand, Roop Singh and Leslie Claudius
33. Who has been signed up as brand ambassador of Toyota Kirloskar Motors?
34. When was 63rd Rajasthan Day celebrated?
30th March 2012
35. Where in Rajasthan Spices Board’s first Spices Park is setup?
36. Which Asian country recently became member of Consultative Group to Assist the Poor (CGAP)?
37. Who won her 6th world sprint title at the world track cycling championships 2012?
38. Name the Malawi President who died after heart attack.
Bingu wa Mutharika
39. Who was sworn in as Malawi’s President following the death of Bingu wa Mutharika?
40. Which Asian country made Hindu marriage registration a must by bringing the law in lines with India?
41. Israel has decided to setup its consulate office in which part of India?
42. Which Indian city is likely to get water taxis and air-conditioned trams?
43. Name the young doctor who is set to become the first foreign national of Indian origin to walk across Antarctica carrying the Indian Flag.
44. Name the youngest Indian boxer who qualified for London Olympics 2012.
45. What percentage hike was allocated for Karnataka by Planning Commission for current fiscal 2012-13 in the 12th Plan?
46. Who will be the sports ambassador for the state of Haryana?
47. Which category of women will be allowed to participate in the Miss Universe beauty pageant from next year?
48. Which rank does Bangalore hold as preferred entrepreneurial locations worldwide?
49. Which TV has become the first Indian television channel to enter the Chinese market?
50. Which act was amended to include compulsory registration of marriages in India?
Registration of Births and Deaths Act, 1969
51. Where in Himachal Pradesh Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) would be opened?
52. What denominations of currency note will RBI introduce bearing rupee symbol?
Rs.20 and Rs.50 currency notes
53. Name the index on which NSE is set to launch derivative trade.
FTSE 100 index
54. What percentage and value of US based Max New York Life Insurance was sold to Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance (MSI)?
26% and Rs.2,731 crore
55. Which country replaced China as Iran’s top oil client?
56. India has recently decided to allow Foreign Direct Investment from which Asian country?
57. What value of equity infusion did Air India get spread over a period of 9 years?
Rs. 30,000 crore
58. Where in India Integrated Check Post was inaugurated on the occasion of Baisakhi to enhance trade between India-Pakistan?
59. Which education council in India would have its own job portal for the students of technical and professional institutions?
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
60. Which 2 countries have agreed to resume dialogue on disarmament and non-proliferation after a gap of 9 years?
India and China
61. Which repayment transaction is now allowed by RBI electronically i.e. NEFT?
Repayment of Loan EMI’s
62. How many co-sponsors are against the Bill of outsourcing call centers in USA?
63. How much basis point did RBI cut key rates after 3 years?
50 basis points
64. Name the Master Card’s President and CEO who has been elected next chairman of the US-India Business Council?
65. Which Indian FMCG company crossed $1 billion mark in 2011-12?
66. Which 14 year old ICC cricket tournament would end after 2013?
ICC Champions Trophy
67. Which state has included services of the petroleum industry, including that provided by tanker operations as essential services under the state’s Essential Services Maintenance Act 1971, (Act 20 of 1971)?
68. Which Indian state’s 100th anniversary was celebrated recently?
69. Who replaces Simon Leung chief executive of the greater China region of Microsoft?
70. Bill to include children with disabilities under which Act was recently passed by Rajya Sabha recently?
Right to Education Act
71. Name the spy satellite launched by ISRO recently.
72. Which cricket player and lady actor were recommended for Rajya Sabha membership in India?
Sachin Tendulkar and Rekha
73. Name the Indian origin entrepreneur and educator who is named as the Goodwill Ambassador for Education Partnerships for UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO).
74. Who has been appointed as Governor of Goa, Rajasthan and Uttarkhand?
B.V.Wanchoo, Margaret Alva and Aziz Qureshi
75. Who were given fresh terms as Governor of Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra?
E.S.L.Narasimhan and K.Sankaranarayanan
76. Which Indian state will be showcased at the Cannes Film Festival?
77. Which 2 Asian countries will hold 1st ever economic dialogue on 30th April 2012?
India and Japan
78. Name the first of the four Dreamliner aircraft that Air India got from Nikki Haley’s state.
79. Who won the Asian Snooker Championship 2012?
80. Who retained the crown as Britain’s richest man?
81. Where was the India Investrade 2012 organised by Indian Chamber of Commerce, Kolkata held?
Colombo, Sri Lanka
82. Name the mango variety named after the youngest Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.
‘Akhilesh aam’, named after Akhilesh Yadav
83. Which Indian state is planning to make 100 the common number to dial in any emergency?
84. Who became the 1st player to cross 2000 runs in cricket tournament IPL?
85. Which country is keen to boost trade ties with Kerala?
86. Who became the 1st player to win Barcelona title for 7 times?
87. Name the former BCCI president who passed away recently after whom the challenger trophy was named.
1. Who won her first World Cup individual recurve gold medal in Archery?
2. Who took over as 28th chief secretary of Madhya Pradesh succeeding Avani Vaish?
3. Which state’s Chief Minister has demanded law to deal with cases of discrimination against northeastern students?
Meghalaya CM Mukul Sangma
4. ISRO recently gave clearance for using which frequency band from satellite for internet on trains?
5. Which company bagged the contract for deploying Bharti Airtel’s 4G network in Karnataka?
6. Who became the first cricketer to hit 5 consecutive T20 fifties?
7. Who won the award in the best Actress category at the London Asian Film Festival (LAFF) 2012 for her film ‘Bol’?
8. Which type of SIM cards are Switzerland based Geo Communications AG, launching in
International Mobile Subscriber Identity(IMSI) SIM cards which will allow multiple
mobile numbers from different operators on a single SIM card
9. To help clear cane arrears of over Rs.10,000 crore which commodities exports has been
let free by Government of India recently?
10. Which industry in India will celebrate 100 years of its existence in May 2013?
Indian Film Industry (May 3rd 1913 to May 3rd 2013)
11. When is Facebook (IPO) set to go public?
May 18th 2012
12. When will the phased Basel III capital regulation in India be implemented as per RBI
January 1st, 2013 (to be fully implemented by March 31st, 2018)
13. Name the multifaceted personality (a poet, an author or a painter) whose 150th birth
anniversary would be celebrated on May 8th 2012.
14. Which sport in Goa will benefit from the Government’s decision as it will be declared
15. Where in India Archeological Survey of India is planning gallery on Harappan
16. Where in India the 49th Raising Day of the Central Command was celebrated on 3rd May
17. Where in Tamil Nadu, Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation (Tidco) is
planning to establish aerospace park?
18. Where in Coimbatore, Government has planned to setup cold storage facility for
19. Which German sportswear maker has planned to shut down 1/3rd of its 900 Reebok stores in India?
20. Which Kolhapur-based bank is looking at an IPO in 2 years?
21. Which resource in nuclear reactors will be used for power generation as the Government has decided to start construction of 300MW reactor by 2016-17?
22. As Indian Parliament holds special sitting on Sunday to celebrate 60th anniversary, when was India’s first Parliament session held?
May 13th, 1952
23. Which country slapped a fine of $80,000 fine on Air India recently?
US Transportation Department
24. Which Finance company recently deferred its Rs.1,665 crore IPO, which opened on May
25. Name the firm which is planning to build mud cottages in Gir area of Junagadh district.
Swati Infratech Pvt. Ltd.
26. In which glacier have geologists discovered hot water from geothermal sources which is nearly 15 degrees arm in plunging -40 degree Celsius weather?
27. Name the Indian who became first Asian-origin UK councilor.
28. Name the ‘Big Bang’ scientist whom France jailed for terror plot.
29. What value of fund will Asian Development Bank provide to India for 2012-2014 for the development of various projects?
30. Name the West Indian cricketer who has set an eye on bollywood after IPL.
31. Who is elected as Chair of the ADB’s Board of Governors?
32. Which country will host the 46th annual meeting of the Asian Development Bank in 2013?
India in New Delhi
33. Name the Indian-origin doctor who won the London Assembly (Ealing and Hillingdon) seat?
Dr.Onkar Singh Sahota
34. Who is elected as President of France?
35. Which mobile operator is the biggest gainer of mobile number portability (MPN) service in India?
36. Which 2 Indian women won the 16th Asian Team Squash Championship?
Joshna Chinnappa and Dipika Pallikal
37. Name the US secretary who is India on a 3-day visit asking to reduce oil imports from Iran on the agenda.
38. Which series of bollywood actor’s TV debut got a thumbs up from the Hindi film industry?
40. Which popular comic is featuring members of Delhi Daredevils players like Virender Sehwag, Irfan Pathan and Kevin Pietersen?
Chacha Chaudhary in Sabu new comic series
41. Who was sworn in as Russian president for 2nd time?
42. Who won the silver medal at the 3rd International ‘Republic of Kazakhstan President’s Cup’ held in Almaty, kazakhstan?
43. Name the hockey player who died after being hit in the head by the ball during a game in Perth recently.
44. Which movie team is set to open 4-day Children’s Film Festival to be held in Goa from May 11th 2012?
45. Which state’s first marine training institute will be operational from August 2012?
46. Which state of Jaipur will host first edition of 3-day Fashion Week from May 24th 2012?
47. After completing a year post acquisition of Patni Computer which company dropped Patni from its brand name?
48. India’s Finance minister recently scrapped a ‘draconian’ clause under which law?
49. Red Hat recently setup its R&D centres in which locality outside North America?
Pune and Bangalore in India
50. Which PSU acquired 51% stake in Bharti Axa Mutual Fund?
Bank of India
51. Who created national record by winning silver medal at the Altius Track Crew Threwdown meet in maui Island, Hawaii?
52. Who is appointed as Russian Prime Minister?
53. Name the aircraft carrier and nuclear submarine India is set to get in 2013.
Admiral Gorshkov and INS Arihant
54. What was rolled back on realty as excise on gold jewellery?
Tax Deducted at Source
55. Where in London a centre dedicated to the life and work of Rabindranath Tagore has been launched?
56. Name the former chairman of ICICI bank and billionaire investor who are re-appointed to the Arcelor Mittal board?
N.Vaghul and Wilbur Ross
57. When was the World Red Cross day celebrated?
58. Which street is renamed after Roger Federer in Germany?
Weststrasse renamed as Roger-Federer-Allee
59. Which cricketer is likely to make an appearance in film