FCI 11 th Nov 2012 general awareness solved question papers, FCI Part a- general intelligence questions with answekeys,FCI 2012 Nov 11th English language free solved question papers, FCI VG 2012Part - B questions with detailed explanations and answers
51. New Economic Policy was introduced in India in
52. Which of the following is NOT an instrument of credit control used by the Central Bank?
(A) Bank rate
(B) Open market operations
(C) Selective credit controls
(D) Foreign exchange controls-Answer
53. In which type of economy National Income and Domestic Income is equal?
(A) Closed Economy
(B) Open Economy
(C) Developed Economy-Answer
(D) Developing Economy
54. The term Capital Consumption Allowance (CCA) means
(A) A part of income used for consumption.
(B) Increase in the value of capital assets.
(C) Depreciation value of capital goods.
(D) A fund used to purchase machinery for the production of consumption goods.-Answer
55. In the following, who is a self employed person?
(A) Teacher teaching in a school
(B) Doctor appointed in hospital
(C) Railway employee-Answer
56. Who rules the State in the event of declaration of emergency under Article 356?
(A) Prime Minister
(B) Chief Minister
(D) Chief Justice of the High Court
57. National Commission for Backward Classes was set up in
58. Official language of the Indian Union is
(A) Hindi in Devanagari script-Answer
(B) Hindi and English
(D) Hindi, English and Urdu
59. Panchayatraj form of rural government was first adopted by
(A) Rajasthan & Madhya Pradesh-Answer
(B) Rajasthan & West Bengal
(C) Rajasthan & Andhra Pradesh
(D) Rajasthan & Uttar Pradesh
60. The Constitution of India provides for citizenship by
(D) All of the above
61. Who assumed the title Muhammad-bin-Tuglak and became the ruler of Delhi in 1325 A.D ?
(A) Juna Khan
(B) Nasiruddin Shah
(C) Chengiz Khan
62. The Sikh Guru put to death by Aurangzeb was
(A) Arjun Singh
(B) Har Gobind
(C) Tegh Bahadur-Answer
(D) Har Kishan
63. The Home Rule Movement in India was started by
(A) S.N. Banerjee and W.C. Banerjee
(B) Annie Besant and Tilak-Answer
(C) Mahatma Gandhi and Motilal Nehru
(D) Annie Besant and Gokhale
64. Who among the following was responsible for the revival of Hinduism in 19th Century?
(A) Swami Dayanand
(B) Swami Vivekanand
(C) Guru Shankaracharya
(D) Raja Ram Mohan Rai
65. "Give me blood, I will give you freedom". These words are attributed to
(A) Khudiram Bose
(B) Bhagat Singh
(C) Subhash Chandra Bose-Answer
(D) Veer Savarkar
66. India's northern most latitude is
(A) 36 0 6' N
(B) 37 0 8' S
(C) 37 0 6' N
(D) 8 0 4' N
67. The Bhabar plains have been developed by
(A) glacial deposit
(B) wind deposit
(C) river deposit
(D) deposition in the lakes
68. Subsistence type of farming is practised in
69. Africa is separated from Europe by _______.
(A) Red Sea
(B) Mediterranean Sea-Answer
(C) Atlantic Ocean
(D) Persian Gulf
70. Which one of the following rivers is recharged by subsoil water?
71. The dolphin is
72. Animals which have a well marked digestive cavity are put under
73. Mushroom are
74. Which one of the following is an endocrine as well as an exocrine gland ?
75. Which one of the following is associated with kidney disorder ?
76. Most important function of the food is to
(A) get energy-Answer
(B) satisfy hunger
(C) help growth of the body
(D) relish the taste
77. A racing car is designed to have a broad base and low height such that its centre of gravity is
(A) very low
(B) in the middle
(D) outside the car
78. Energy transformation in a microphone is from
(A) sound to electrical-Answer
(B) electrical to sound
(C) sound to mechanical
(D) mechanical to sound
79. The time-period of a simple pendulum is independent of its
(C) location on the Earth
(D) amplitude of vibration
80. What happens when some charge is placed on a soap bubble?
(A) Its radius decreases
(B) Its radius increases
(C) The bubble collapses
(D) The bubble expands
81. The last three letters of the domain name describes the type of
(A) is a random access memory.-Answer
(B) is a volatile memory.
(C) is either static or dynamic memory.
(D) has all of the above characteristics.
83. Naturally occurring heaviest element is
84. Which of the following has the highest density?
85. When a gas expands to a region of low pressure, its temperature
(C) remains same
(D) first increases, then decreases
86. Most of the explosions in mines occur due to the mixing of
(A) hydrogen with oxygen
(B) oxygen with acetylene
(C) methane with air
(D) carbon dioxide with ethane
87. Which of the following affects biodiversity ?
(A) Environmental pollution
(B) Ocean acidification
(C) Climate change
(D) All of the above
88. What was Montreal Protocol concerned with?
(A) Checking global warming
(B) Checking ozone depletion
(C) Both (A) and (B)
(D) (A),(B) and protecting biodiversity
89. Formation of acid rain is due to
(A) Water pollution
(B) Noise pollution
(C) Land pollution
(D) Air pollution
90. Enormous population expansion has led to the problem of
(A) Rising levels of atmospheric CO2
(B) Global warming
(C) Increases in pollution level
(D) All the above
91. Which of the following festivals is celebrated on Prophet Mohammed's birthday?
92. The Nobel Peace Prize is awarded in which city ?
93. Which one of the following pairs of cities have two Headquarters each of Indian Railway Zones?
(A) Kolkata and Chennai
(B) Kolkata and Mumbai
(C) Mumbai and Secunderabad
(D) Mumbai and Chennai
94. Which one of the following has recently conferred the Honorary Degree of Doctor of Letters (D.Lit.) on U.N. Secretary General, Ban-Ki-Moon?
(A) Jamia Millia Islamia University
(B) Lal Bahadur Shastri Sanskrit University
(C) G.G.S. Indraprastha University
(D) I.I.T., Delhi
95. Who amongst the following directed the award winning film "Tare Zamin Par"?
(A) Madhur Bhandarkar
(B) Salman Khan
(C) Aamir Khan
(D) Sanjay Leela Bhansali
96. The hill famous for treating mentally depressed persons in Tamil Nadu is
97. Who among the following was the first Indian to receive the Nobel Prize?
(A) Dr. C.V. Raman
(B) V.S. Naipal
(C) Mother Teresa
(D) Rabindranath Tagore-Answer
98. Which of the following Twin city is correct?
(B) Bangalore - Mysore
(C) Mumbai - Pune
(D) Chennai - Chingleput
99. Who said, "Inflation is unjust but deflation is inexpedient. Of the two, deflation is worse"?
(A) J.M. Keynes-Answer
(B) Amartya Sen
(C) J.G. Gurlay
(D) J.N. Bhagwati
100. The civilian award bestowed by the President of India to persons for rendering exceptional and distinguished service in any field is
(A) Bharat Ratna
(B) Padma Shri
(C) Padma Vibhushan
(D) Padma Bhushan