Ernst & Young Sample Aptitude Test Paper
1. Let A and B be two solid spheres such that the surface area of B is 300% higher than the surface area of A. The volume of A is found to be k% lower than the volume of B. The value of k must be
2. A test has 50 questions. A student scores 1 mark for a correct answer, 1/3 for a wrong answer, and 1/6 for not attempting a question. If the net score of a student is 32, the number of questions answered wrongly by that student cannot be less than
3. In a 4000 meter race around a circular stadium having a circumference of 1000 meters, the fastest runner and the slowest runner reach the same point at the end of the 5th minute, for the first time after the start of the race. All the runners have the same staring point and each runner maintains a uniform speed throughout the race. If the fastest runner runs at twice the speed of the slowest runner, what is the time taken by the fastest runner to finish the race?
1. 20 min
2. 15 min
3. 10 min
4. 5 min
4. How many even integers n, where 100 £ n £ 200 , are divisible neither by seven nor by nine?
5. Twenty-seven persons attend a party. Which one of the following statements can never be true?
1. There is a person in the party who is acquainted with all the twenty-six others.
2. Each person in the party has a different number of acquaintances.
3. There is a person in the party who has an odd number of acquaintances.
4. In the party, there is no set of three mutual acquaintances.
6. A man fixed an appointment to meet the manager, Manager asked him to come two days after the day before the day after tomorrow. Today is Friday. When will the manager expect him?
7. A man said he spent 1/6 of his as a child, 1/12 as salesman in a liquor shop, 1/7 and 5 years as a politician and a good husband respectively. At that time Jim was born. Jim was elected as Alderman four years back. when he was half of his age. What is his age?
Ans: 84 years
8. Jack,Doug and Ann, 3 children had a running race while returning from school.Mom asked who won the race. Then Jack replied" I wont tell you I will give u clue, When Ann takes 28 steps Doug takes 24 steps, meantime I take 21 steps. Jack explained that his 6 steps equals Droug's 7 steps and Ann's 8 steps. Who won the race?
9. Every day a cyclist meets a car at the station. The road is straight and both are traveling in the same direction. The cyclist travels with a speed of 12 mph.One day the cyclist comes late by 20 min.and meets the car 5miles before the Station. What is the speed of the car?
Ans: 60 mph
10. Lucia is a wonderful grandmother. Her age is between 50 and 70.Each of her sons have as many sons as they have brothers. Their combined number gives Lucia?s age. What is the age?
11.There are two towers A and B. Their heights are 200ft and 150ft respectively and the foot of the towers are 250ft apart. Two birds on top of each tower fly down with the same speed and meet at the same instant on the ground to pick a grain. What is the distance between the foot of tower A and the grain?
12. Grass in lawn grows equally thick and in a uniform rate. It takes 40 days for 40 cows and 60 days for 30 cows to eat the whole of the grass. How many days does it take for 20 cows to do the same?
13. Four tourists A,B,C,D and four languages English, German, French and Italian. They are not able to converse among themselves in one language. Though A does not know English he can act as an interpreter between B and C. No one spoke both French and German. A knows German and was able to converse with D who doesn't know a word in German. Only one language was spoken by more than two persons. Each spoke two languages. Find who spoke what.
Ans : A- German, Italian
B- French, Italian
c- German, English
D- Italian, English
14. There is a five digit number. It has two prime digits (1 is not a prime number). Third digit is the highest. Second digit is the lowest. First digit is one less than the third digit. The fifth digit is half of the fourth. The sum of 4th and 5th is less than the first. Find the number.
Ans : 71842
15. A 1 k.m. long wire is held by n poles. If one pole is removed, the length of the gap becomes 12/3m. What is the number of poles initially?
16. A man starts walking at 3 pm . ha walks at a speed of 4 km/hr on level ground and at a speed of 3 km/hr on uphill , 6 km/hr downhill and then 4 km/hr on level ground to reach home at 9 pm. What is the distance covered on one way?
Ans: 12 km
17. A grandma has many sons; each son has as many sons as his brothers. What is her age if it's the product of the no: of her sons and grandsons plus no: of her sons? (age b/w 70 and 100).
18. A person is 80 years old in 490 and only 70 years old in 500 in which year is he born?
19. A person says that their speed while going to a city was 10mph however while returning as there is no much traffic they came with a speed of 15mph. what is their average speed?
20. If a person having 1000 Rs and he want to distribute this to his five children in the manner that each son having 20 Rs more than the younger one , what will be the share of youngest child
21. Raju having some coins want to distribute to his 5 son , 5 daughter and driver in a manner that , he gave fist coin to driver and 1/5 of remaining to first son he again gave one to driver and 1/5 to 2nd son and so on.... at last he equally distributed all the coins to 5 daughters. how many coins raju initially have?
22. There are 100 men in town. Out of which 85% were married, 70% have a phone, 75% own a car, 80% own a house. What is the maximum number of people who are married, own a phone, own a car and own a house ?
23. There are 10 Red, 10 Blue, 10 Green, 10 Yellow, 10 White balls in a bag. If you are blindfolded and asked to pick up the balls from the bag, what is the minimum number of balls required to get a pair of at least one colour ?
Sol :6 balls
24. 56. In a game i won 12 games, each game if i loose i will give u one chocolate, You have 8 chocolates how many games played.
Ans : 32
25. 75 persons Major in physics, 83 major in chemistry, 10 not at major in these subjects u want to find number of students majoring in both subjects
Ans : 68