ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY
- 2003 The largest peace demonstration in history takes place
- 1965 Canada adopts its current national flag showing a maple leaf
- 1989 The Soviet Union pulls out of Afghanistan
- Amazon wins suspension of $10 bn 'JEDI' contract to Microsoft. A federal judge temporarily blocked the US military from awarding a $10 billion cloud computing contract to Microsoft, after Amazon claimed the process was tainted by politics.
- China’s capital Beijing imposes 14-day quarantine on arrivals. From now on, all those who have returned to Beijing must stay at home or submit to group observation for 14 days after arriving.
- SC completely lifts ban on construction, demolition activities in Delhi-NCR. The apex court had on November 4 last year banned all construction and demolition activities in Delhi-NCR.
- Adani Group, Airport Authority of India ink pacts for managing Ahmedabad and two other airports. Three subsidiaries of the group – Adani Ahmedabad International Airport Limited, Adani Lucknow International Airport Limited and Adani Mangaluru International Airport Limited – have signed concession agreements with the AAI.
- PAN to become inoperative after March 31 if not linked with Aadhaar: I-T dept. Persons whose PANs become inoperative shall be liable for all the consequences under the I-T Act for not furnishing, intimating or quoting the permanent account number.