ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY
- 2009 The Black Saturday bushfires in Australia kill 173 people
- 1992 The European Union is established as the Maastricht Treaty is signed
- 1984 NASA astronauts take the first untethered spacewalk
- In political triumph, Trump acquitted of all impeachment charges. He was impeached by the House for conditioning $391 million in military assistance to Ukraine and a crucial White House meeting with its president Volodymyr Zelensky.
- Jagan launches website, Rythu Bharosa logo. The website acts as a platform to buy seeds through the Rythu Bharosa centres.
- Kalyani Group, Bulgaria's Arsenal sign MoU to manufacture small arms. KSSL is the defence arm of Pune-based Kalyani group and Arsenal is a joint stock company from Bulgaria.
- Cognizant's D'Souza signs off, Bali to join as independent director. The other founder, Kumar Mahadeva, who served as the CEO for the first five years, retired from the board in 2003.
- Wipro wins multi-year strategic deal from automotive tech supplier Marelli.This partnership will help Marelli to standardize, simplify and further enhance their IT services at a global level and consolidate several current vendors across applications management services and workplace end-user services.
- Pardeep betters own record to clinch 102 kg gold at nationals. Commonwealth Games silver medallist Pardeep broke the first record as he lifted 151 kg in his third attempt to bag the gold with a total of 346 kg.