ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY
- 1996 The crash of a Boeing 757 aircraft leaves no survivors
- 1959 The first microchip is patented
- 1952 Elizabeth II becomes Queen of the United Kingdom
- CEO of Microsoft's LinkedIn business is being replaced Ryan Roslansky. Former CEO Jeff Weiner will become executive chairman after 11 years as LinkedIn's CEO. Ryan Roslansky, senior vice president of product, will become CEO as of June 1.
- DCGI approves restricted use of anti-HIV drugs for novel coronavirus. Apex health research body Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) had sought an emergency approval from the DCGI for the usage of two medicines.
- India slips to 40th position on International Intellectual Property Index. India slipped to 40th position on the International Intellectual Property (IP) Index, which analyses the IP climate in 53 global economies, this year, according to a report of US Chamber of Commerce's Global Innovation Policy Center.
- PM Modi to inaugurate Defence Expo 2020 in Lucknow. At the event, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) will display models of Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas, Light Combat Helicopter (LCH),Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH),Do-228 and Hawk at its indoor stall.
- National Weightlifting Championships: Rakhi Halder wins 64kg gold. Ranked 19th in the Olympic qualifiers list, Rakhi lifted 93 kg in snatch and 117 kg in clean and jerk to win the gold medal with total of 210kg.