Caterpillar - Model Question Paper
1. Choose the option which correctly denotes the relationship between the two words. Epaulet: shoulder::Ring: ?
d. All of the above
2. Complete the following word series by choosing the correct option. AA, AB, BC, CE, ?
d. None of the above
3. SIAMESE : CAT
a. type : breed
b. dog : puppy
c. mark : spot
d. romaine : lettuce
e. collar : leash
4. VERVE : ENTHUSIASM
a. loyalty : duplicity
b. devotion : reverence
c. intensity : color
d. eminence : anonymity
e. generosity : elation
5. Look at this series: 53, 53, 40, 40, 27, 27, ... What number should come next?
6. Odometer is to mileage as compass is to
7. Yard is to inch as quart is to
8. SCD, TEF, UGH, ____, WKL
9. ELFA, GLHA, ILJA, _____, MLNA
10. EXPLORE : DISCOVER
A. read : skim
B. research : learn
C. write : print
D. think : relate
E. sleep : wake
1. If a and b are integers such that a3 = b2, which amongst the following is not the value of b?
2. Calculate how much distance a bike will cover in one second if the bike is moving at a speed of 36 kms/ hr.
3. Ekant has 4 times as many books as Dhruv and 5 times as many as Jay .If Jay has more than 40 books, what is the least number of books that Ekant could have?
4. From 2004 to 2005, the sales of pens decreased by 80%. If the sales in 2006 were the same as in 2004, how much percentage of the sales increased from 2005 to 2006?
5. Excluding stoppages, the speed of a bus is 54 kmph and including stoppages, it is 45 kmph. For how many minutes does the bus stop per hour?
6. When a plot is sold for Rs. 18,700, the owner loses 15%. At what price must that plot be sold in order to gain 15%?
a. Rs. 21,000
b. Rs. 22,500
c. Rs. 25,300
d. Rs. 25,800
7. On selling 17 balls at Rs. 720, there is a loss equal to the cost price of 5 balls. The cost price of a ball is:
a. Rs. 45
b. Rs. 50
c. Rs. 55
d. Rs. 60
8. The angle of elevation of a ladder leaning against a wall is 60º and the foot of the ladder is 4.6 m away from the wall. The length of the ladder is:
a. 2.3 m
b. 4.6 m
c. 7.8 m
d. 9.2 m
9. What percentage of numbers from 1 to 70 have 1 or 9 in the unit's digit?
10. A and B invest in a business in the ratio 3 : 2. If 5% of the total profit goes to charity and A's share is Rs. 855, the total profit is:
A. Rs. 1425
B. Rs. 1500
C. Rs. 1537.50
D. Rs. 1576
Technical questions :
1. What is the range of compression ratio for a petrol engine?
2. What does a low wet bulbs temperature indicate?
3. What does a cotter joint transmit?
4. What is the process of work done in free expansion called?
5. On what principle does air refrigeration cycle work on?