Capegemini Test Paper
Total consists of 3 rounds.
1) Written test
3) Technical/HR interview
So come first on aptitude. There are 2 set but questions are nearly same.
1. Fresh Grapes contain 90% water by wt. Dried grapes contain 20% water by %age. What will be wt of dried grapes when we begin with 20 kg fresh grapes?
2. How many 5 digit no. can be formed wit digits 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 which are divisible by 4 and digits not repeated
3. There is a rectangular Garden whose length and width are 60m X 20m. There is a walk way of uniform width around garden. Area of walkway is 516m^2. Find width of walkway
4.If 1= (3/4)(1+ (y/x) ) then
5. The sum of six consecutive odd nos. is 888. What is the average of the nos.?
6. 1,27,125,?,729,1331 find missing number.
7. Find approx value of 39.987/0.8102+1.987*18.02
8. Asish was given Rs. 158 in denominations of Rs 1 each. He distributes these in diff bags, such that ne sum of money of denomination betn 1 and 158 can be given in bags. The min no. of such bags reqd
Solution is 8.
9. If a certain sum of money at SI doubles itself in 5 years then what is the rate?
10. A man engaged a servant on a condition that hell pay Rs 90 and also give him a bag at the end of the year. He served for 9 months and was given a turban and Rs 65. So the price of turban is ?
II) Rs 19
Ans: A (after taking bag's price and turban price same, question is not perfect.)
11. The sum of six consecutive odd nos. is 888. What is the average of the nos.?
12. In a race from pt. X to pt Y and back, Jack averages 30miles/hr to pt Y and 10 miles/hr back to pr X.Sandy averages 20 miles/hr in both directions. If Jack and Sandy start race at same tym, wholl finish 1st ?
/Impossible to tell
Ans: they tie
13. 2 men at same tym start walking towards each other from A n B 72 kms apart. sp of A is 4kmph.Sp of B is 2 kmph in 1st hr,2.5 in 2nd, 3 in rd. n so on
when will they meet
i. in 7 hrs
ii. at 35 kms from A
iii. in 10 hrs
14. If the ratio of prod of 3 diff comps A B & C is 4:7:5 and of overall prod last year was 4lac tones and if each comp had an increase of 20% in prod level this yr what is the prod of Comp B this year?
15. If 70% of a no. is subtracted from itself it reduces to 81.what is two fifth of that no.?
16. If radius of cylinder and sphere are same and vol of sphere and cylinder are same what is the ratio between the radius and height of the cylinder
i. R= H
ii. R= (3/4)H
iii. R = (4/3)H
17. Which one of the foll fractions is arranged in ascending order
19. Units digit in expansion os 2 raised to 51 is:
20. Three wheels make 36, 24, 60 rev/min. Each has a black mark on it. It is aligned at the start of the qn. When does it align again for the first time?
Ans 6 sec not in option
21. Some question on area which are in hectare and some values are in kilometer so firstly know conversion of km^2.
22. In a Triangle ABC , AD is perpendicular to BC ,BD is 15m,and angle B is 30 degree, find AC?
Ans: 5(closest option)
24. 3,7,11,......................,407. find 20th term from last.
25. One question on share. Hey friends solve quest on share and dividend it will be better
Direction for Questions 1-4
An employee has to allocate offices to 6 staff members. The offices are no. 1-6. the offices are arranged in a row and they are separated from each other by dividers (hence voices, sounds and cigarette smoke flow easily from one office to another)
Miss R needs to use the telephone quite often throughout the day. Mr. M and Mr. B need adjacent offices as they need to consult each other often while working. Miss H is a senior employee and his to be allotted the office no. 5, having the biggest window.
Mr. D requires silence in office next to his. Mr. T, Mr. M and Mr. D are all smokers. Miss H finds tobacco smoke allergic and consecutively the offices next to hers are occupied by non-smokers. Unless specifically stated all the employees maintain an atmosphere of silence during office hours.
Solution: Arrangements= D T M B H R.
1. The ideal candidate
to occupy office farthest from Mr. B will be
i. Miss H
ii. Mr. M
iii. Mr. T
iv. Mr. D
2. The three employees who are smokers should be seated in the offices
i. 1 2 4
ii. 2 3 6
iii. 1 2 3
iv. 1 2 3
3. The ideal office for Mr. M would be
4. In the event of what occurrence within a period of one month since the assignment of the offices would a request for a change in office be put forth by one or more employees?
i. Mr D quitting smoking
ii. Mr. T taking over duties formally taken care of by Miss R
iii. The installation of a water cooler in Miss Hs office
iv. Mr. B suffering from anemia
Ans: D(as already on this site)
Direction for Questions 5-7
Ten coins are distr. Among 4 people P, Q, R, S such that one of them gets a coin, another gets 2 coins,3rd gets 3 coins, and 4th gets 4 coins. It is known that Q gets more coins than P, and S gets fewer coins than R
5. If the no. of coins distr. To Q is twice the no. distr. to P then which one of the following. is necessarily true?
i. R gets even no. of coins
ii. R gets odd no. of coins
iii. S gets even no. of coins
iv. S gets odd no. of coins
6. If R gets at least two more coins than S which one of the following is necessarily true?
i. Q gets at least 2 more coins than S
ii. Q gets more coins than P
iii. P gets more coins than S
iv. P and Q together get at least five coins
7. If Q gets fewer coins than R, then which one of the following is not necessarily true?
i. P and Q together get at least 4 coins
ii. Q and S together get at least 4 coins
iii.R and S together get at least 5 coins
iv.P and R together get at least 5 coins
Direction for Questions 8-9
Elle is 3 times older than Zaheer. Zaheer is ½ as old as Waheeda. Yogesh is elder than Zaheer.
8. What is sufficient to estimate Elles age?
i. Zaheer is 10 yrs old
ii. Yogesh and Waheeda are both older than Zaheer by the same no of yrs.
iii. Both of the above
iv. None of the above
9. Which one of the following statements can be inferred from the info above
i. Yogesh is elder than Waheeda
ii. Elle is older than Waheeda
iii. Elles age may be less than that of Waheeda
iv. None of the above
Questions 10-11 are based on situations given below:
7 Uni crick players are to be honored at a special luncheon. The players will be seated on a dais along one side of a single rectangular table.
A and G have to leave the luncheon early and must be seated at the extreme right end of table, which is closest to exit.
B will receive Man of the Match and must be in the centre chair
C and D who are bitter rivals for the position of Wicket keeper dislike one another and should be seated as far apart as possible
E and F are best friends and want to seat together.
10. Which of the foll may not be seated at either end of the table?
11. Which of the foll pairs may not be seated together?
i. E & A
ii. B & D
iii. C & F
iv. G & D
Direction for Questions 12-13
A robot moves on a graph sheet with x-y axes. The robot is moved by feeding it with a sequence of instructions. The different instructions that can be used in moving it, and their meanings are:
GOTO(x,y) move to pt with co-ord (x,y) no matter where u are currently
WALKX(P) move parallel to x-axis through a distance of p, in the +ve direction if p is +ve and in ve if p is ve
WALKY(P) move parallel to y-axis through a distance of p, in the +ve direction if p is +ve and in ve if p is ve
12. The robot reaches point (5,6) when a sequence of 3 instr. Is executed, the first of which is GOTO(x,y) , WALKX(2),WALKY(4). What are the values of x and y??
13. The robot is initially at (x.y),x>0 and y<0. The min no. of Instructions needed to be executed to bring it to origin (0,0) if you are prohibited from using GOTO instr. Is:
ii. x + y
Direction for Questions 14-17
Question are simple
Suppose X*Y : X is father
of Y and more like this, you have 2 find relation for Z is grand father of XDirection for Questions 18-24.
Ans A using I only
Ans B using II only
Ans C using both I and II
Ans D not solvable
18. Raman and Gaurav Brought eggs from a vendor. How many eggs were bought by each of them
i. Raman bought half as many as Gaurav
ii. The dealer had a stock of 500 eggs at the beginning of day
19. What is the age of Ramprakash?
i. Ramprakash was born when his father was 26 yrs old
ii. Ramprakashs mothers age is 3yrs less than his fathers
20. How much time
is reqd for downloading the software?
i. The Data transfer rate is 6 kbps
ii. The size of the software is 4.5 megabytes
21. Sanjay and Vijay started their journey from Mumbai
to Pune. Who reached Pune first?
i. Sanjay overtakes two times Vijay and Vijay overtakes Sanjay two times
ii. Sanjay started first
22. A boat can ferry 1500 passengers across a river in 12 hrs. How many round trips does it make during the journey?
i. The boat can carry 400 passengers at a time
ii. During its journey, the boat takes 40 mins time each way and 20 mins waiting time at each end.
23. What are the values of m and n?
i. n is an even integer, m is odd integer and m is greater than n.
ii. The product of m and n is 30
24. How much is the weight of 20 mangoes and 30 oranges?
i. 1 orange weighs twice that of 1 mango
ii. 2 mangoes and 3 oranges weigh 2 kg
25. Is the GDP of country X higher than Country Y?
i. GDPs of X and Y has been increasing at a compounded annual growth rate of 5% and 6% over he past 5 years
ii. 5 years ago GDP of X was 1.2 times Y