Capgemini pool campus recruitment experince shared by B.P Poddar engineering college,kolkta pool campus 2012 ,Capgemini previous years solved questions with answers
Test date-6 may 2012
Reporting time:10: am
Some of the question are in my memory…But the digits are changed by the Capgemini.So don’t try to memorise the Answer because Most of the answer given in the Net is wrong so check all the answer and please do hard work to solve this questions……… Ther are three rounds
II-Analytical Reasoning(25 Ques)
There was sectional cut-off i.e 10 from each sections as told by CapGemini employees.
Quantitative: I don't remember all ques, but the all que were like these:
1. A man engaged a servant on a condn that he’ll pay Rs 40 and also give him a bag at the end of the yr. He served for 9 months and was given a turban and Rs 55. So the price of turban is
i. Rs 10 / 29 / 0 / none
2.How many 4 digit no. can b formed wit digits 1, 2, 3,4,5 which r divisible by 4 and digits not repeated
144 / 168 / 182 / none
3.. If 1= (3/4)(1+ (y/x) ) then
4.There is a rectangular Garden whose length and width are 60m X 20m.There is a walkway of uniform width around garden. Area of walkway is 516m^2. Find width of walkway
5. In a race from pt. X to pt Y and back, Jack averages 0 miles/hr to pt Y and 10 miles/hr back to pr X.Sandy averages 20 miles/hr in both directions. If Jack and Sandy start race at same tym, who’ll finish 1st
Jack/Sandy/they tie/Impossible to tell
6 Fresh Grapes contain 90% water by wt. Dried grapes contain 20% water by %age. What will b wt of dried grapes when we begin with 20 kg fresh grapes?
2kg / 2.4kg / 2.5kg /none
7. Three wheels make 36, 24, 60 rev/min. Each has a black mark on it. It is aligned at the start of the qn. When does it align again for the first tym?
8. Asish was given Rs. 158 in denominations of Rs 1 each. He distributes these in diff bags, such that ne sum of money of denomination betn 1 and 158 can be given in bags. The min no. of such bags reqd
10 / 17 / 15 / none
9. The sum of six consecutive odd nos. is 888. What is the average of the nos.?
11). A is 4 yrs old and B is thrice A>when A is 14 yrs, how old will B be?
26 28 24 none
12) Find min value of fn:
|-6-x| + |4-x|+|5-x|+10-x|; where x is an integer
10 /17 /23 /none
13) units digit in expansion os 4 raised to 51 is:
2 /4 /6 /8
14) 2 men at same tym start walking towards each other from A n B 72 kms apart. sp of A is 4kmph.Sp of B is 2 kmph in 1st hr,2.5 in 2nd, 3 in rd. n so on…when will they meet
i in 7 hrs ii at 35 kms from A iii in 10 hrs iv midway
15) (9*76+10*?-60) / (?*5*12+3-52)=1
7 9 3 none
16) 45 grinders brought @ 2215/-.transpot expense 2190/-.2760/-on octroi . Find SP/piece to make profit of 20%
2585 2225 2670 3325
17) in a 2 digit no unit’s place is halved and tens place is doubled.diff bet the nos is 37.digit in unit’s place is 2 more than tens place.
24 46 42 none
18) if x-y + z = 29 , y + z =30 , x-z=3 , find d value of x+4y-5z
22 38 17 none
19) Find approx value of 59.987/0.2102+1.187*18.02
52 16 86 none
20) If the ratio of prod of 3 diff comp’s A B & C is 4:7:5 and of overall prod last yr was 4lac tones and if each comp had an increase of 20% in prod level this yr what is the prod of Comp B this yr?
2.1L 22.1L 4.1L none
21). If 70% of a no. is subtracted from itself it reduces to 81.what is two fifth of that no.?
108 54 210 none
22). If a certain sum of money at SI doubles itself in 5 yrs then what is d rate?
5% 20% 25% 14.8%
23). If radius of cylinder and sphere r same and vol of sphere and cylinder r same what is d ratio betn the radius and height of the cylinder
i. R= H ii. R= (3/4)H iii. R = (4/3)H iv. R=2/3H
one question was from conversion of hectare to kilametreReasonings were like this.These qns are based on situations given below:
7 Uni crick players are to be honored at a special luncheon. The players will be seated on a dais along one side of a single rectangular table.
A and G have to leave the luncheon early and must be seated at the extreme right end of table, which is closest to exit.
B will receive Man of the Match and must be in the centre chair
C and D who are bitter rivals for the position of Wicket keeper dislike one another and should be seated as far apart as possible
E and F are best friends and want to seat together.
13.Which of the foll may not be seated at both end of the table?
i. C &D
14.Which of the foll pairs may be seated together?
i. E & A
ii. B & D
iii. C & F
An employee has to allocate offices to 6 staff members. The offices are no. 1-6. the offices are arranged in a row and they are separated from each other by dividers>hence voices, sounds and cigarette smoke flow easily from one office to another
Miss R needs to use the telephone quite often throughout the day. Mr. M and Mr. B need adjacent offices as they need to consult each other often while working. Miss H is a senior employee and his to be allotted the office no. 5, having the biggest window.
Mr D requires silence in office next to his. Mr. T, Mr M and Mr. D are all smokers. Miss H finds tobacco smoke allergic and consecutively the offices next to hers are occupied by non-smokers. Unless specifically stated all the employees maintain an atmosphere of silence during office hrs.
15.The ideal candidate to occupy office farthest from Mr. B will be
i. Miss H
ii. Mr. M
iii. Mr. T
iv. Mr. D
16.The three employees who are smokers should be seated in the offices
i. 1 2 4
ii. 2 3 6
iii. 1 2 3
iv. 1 2 3
17.The ideal office for Mr. M would be
A robot moves on a graph sheet with x-y axes. The robot is moved by feeding it with a sequence of instructions. The different instructions that can be used in moving it, and their meanings are:
GOTO(x,y) move to pt with co-ord (x,y) no matter where u are currently
WALKX(P) move parallel to x-axis through a distance of p, in the +ve direction if p is +ve and in –ve if p is –ve
WALKY(P) move parallel to y-axis through a distance of p, in the +ve direction if p is +ve and in –ve if p is –ve
19.The robot reaches point (5,6) when a sequence of 3 instr. Is executed, the first of which is GOTO(x,y) , WALKY(2),WALKY(4). What are the values of x and y??
20. The robot is initially at (x.y),x>0 and y<0. The min no. of Instructions needed to be executed to bring it to origin (0,0) if you are prohibited from using GOTO instr. Is:
iii. x + y
Ten coins are distr. Among 4 people P, Q, R, S such that one of them gets a coin, another gets 2 coins,3rd gets 3 coins, and 4th gets 4 coins. It is known that Q gets more coins than P, and S gets fewer coins than R
21.If the no. of coins distr. To Q is twice the no. distr. to P then which one of the foll. is necessarily true?
i. R gets even no. of coins
ii. R gets odd no. of coins
iii. S gets even no. of coins
iv. S gets odd no. of coins
22. If R gets at least two more coins than S which one of the foll is necessarily true?
i. Q gets at least 2 more coins than S
ii. Q gets more coins than P
iii. P gets more coins than S
iv. P and Q together get at least five coins
23.If Q gets fewer coins than R, then which one of the foll. is not necessarily true?
i. P and Q together get at least 4 coins
ii. Q and S together get at least 4 coins
iii. R and S together get at least 5 coins
iv. P and R together get at least 5 coins
Elle is 3 times older than Zaheer. Zaheer is ½ as old as Waheeda. Yogesh is elder than Zaheer.
24.What is sufficient to estimate Elle’s age?
i. Zaheer is 10 yrs old
ii. Yogesh and Waheeda are both older than Zaheer by the same no of yrs.
iii. Both of the above
iv. None of the above
25. Which one of the foll. statements can be inferred from the info above
i. Yogesh is elder than Waheeda
ii. Elle is older than Waheeda
iii. Elle’s age may be less than that of Waheeda
iv. None of the above
AND MORE……Careful because the digits of the question May not be match with the previous papers…
Best of luck