Canara Bank Model Placement Paper
This Question paper contains questions on Reasoning,Numerical Aptitude and English Language.
Find the missing number in the following series out of four options.
1. 1, 2, 5, 7, 11,______,17
2. 1, 8, 27,____,125
3. 6, 12, 21, 33,____
4. 2, 20,____,110, 182
5. 81, 9, 64,____,49, 7
6. AGMS, agms, _______________
a. ABCD abcd
b. abcd ABCD
c. BHNT bhnt
d. bhnt BHNT
7. aa, bbb, cccc, ______________
8. ACF acf G_______
a. IL gil
b. JL gil
c. IL gjl
d. LL gli
9. aB bB cD dD _________
10) In a certain coding system MOTHER is coded as PQWJHT, how will you code SISTER?
11) In a certain coding system PRICE is coded as SVNIL, how will you code COST?
a) F SXY
12) In a certain coding system FLOWER is written as SEXOMF, how will you code GARDEN?
13) In a certain coding system TRAIN is written as GIZRM, how will you code FIGURE?
14) Rajesh walks 7 km to the north then turns left and walks 3 km. Then takes another left and continue walking this time another 7 km forward. How much distance in km is he away from the starting point.
15) Balwant had 17 sheep. A storm in the village killed all but 7 sheep .How many was he left with?
16) What is the smallest number of ducks that can swim in this formation- two ducks in front of a duck two ducks behind a duck and a duck between two ducks?
17) What is the product of all the numbers in the dial of a telephone?
d) None of those
18) A group of 1200 persons consisting of captains and soldiers is travelling in a train. For every 15 soldiers there is one captain. The number of captains in the group is
19) Aruna cut a cake into two halves and cuts one half into smaller pieces of equal size. Each of the small pieces is twenty grams in weight. If she has seven pieces of the cake in all with her, how heavy was the original cake?
a) 120 grams
b) 140 grams
c) 240 grams
d) 280 grams
20) First bunch of bananas has ¼ again as many bananas as a second bunch. If the second bunch has 3 bananas less than the first bunch, then the number of bananas in the first bunch is
21) At the end of a business conference the ten people present all shake hands with eachother once. How many handshakes will there be altogether?
22) A student got twice as many sums wrong as he got right. If he attempted 48 sums in all, how many did he solve correctly.
23) There were 28 people at last weeks board meeting. If the ratio of men to women was 4:3, how many women were at the meeting?
24) At a certain corporation, the ratio of clerical workers to executives is 7 to 2. If a combined total of 81 clerical workers and executive workers for that corporation, how many clerical workers are there?
Tick mark the right meaning of the word
a) do well
d) make well
c) great man
d) great fire