Canara bank Placement papers
CANARA BANK Quantitative and Reasoning Questions and Answers with Explanation,CANARA BANK Latest Question Paper,CANARA BANK Solved Question Paper
1. A large field of 700 hectares is divided into two parts. The difference of the areas of the two parts is one-fifth of the average of the two areas. What is the area of the smaller part in hectares?
Ex: Let the areas of the two parts be
x and (700 - x)hectares = [x - (700 - x)]
= 1 / 5 x [x + (700 - x)/ 2]
= 2x - 700= 70
x = 385.
2. The speed of a boat in still water is 15 km/hr and the rate of current is 3 km/hr. The distance travelled downstream in 12 minutes is
A. 1.2 km
B. 1.8 km
C. 2.4 km
D. 3.6 km
Ex:Speed Downstream = (15 + 3) km/hr
= 18 km/hr.
Distance travelled =(18 x 12/60)hrs
3. Today is Thursday. The day after 59 days wil be?
Ex:Every day of the week is repeated after 7 days hence after 56 days it would be Thursday again .And after 59 day it would be Sunday
4. Albert invested an amount of Rs.8000 in a fixed deposit scheme for 2 years at compound interest rate 5 p.c.p.a. How much amount will Albert get on maturity of the fixed deposit ?
A. Rs. 8600
B. Rs. 8620
C. Rs. 8840
D. Rs. 8820
= Rs.[8000 x 21/20x21/20]
5. The difference between two numbers is 1365. When the larger number is divided by the smaller one, the quotient is 6 and the remainder is 15. The smaller number is
Ex:Let the smaller number be x.
Then, larger number = (1365 + x))
Therefore 1365 + x =(6x+15
= 5x = 1350 = x= 270.
6. A fruit seller sells mangoes at the rate of Rs.9 per kg and thereby loses 20%. At what price per kg, he should have sold them to make a profit of 5%?
Ex:85 : 9 = 105 : x
Hence, S.p per Kg= Rs.11.81
7. A student finds the average of 10 positive integers. Each integer contains two digits. By mistake, the student interchanges the digits of one number say ba for ab. Due to this, the average becomes 1.8 less than the previous one. What is the difference between the two digits a and b?
8. Look at this series: 1000, 200, 40, ... What number should come next?
Explanation: This is a simple division series. Each number is divided by 5.
9. How big will an angle of one and a half degree look through a glass that magnifies things three times?
A. 1 ½
B. 2 ½
D. 4 ½
Ans: A. 1 ½ degrees
Explanation : The magnifying glass cannot increase the magnitude of an angle.
10. Rahuls mother is the only daughter of Monikas father. How is Monikas husband related to Rahul?
D. Data inadequate
11. Four girls are sitting on a bench to be photographed. Shikha is to the left of Reena Manju is to the right of Reena. Rita is between Reena and Manju. Who would be second from the left in the photograph?
E. A and B
12. DIRECTIONS : In this oddman out section we need choose the word or pair that different from remaining words or pairs.
Select the odd one out
13. Select the odd one out
14. After walking 6 km, I turned to the right and then walked 2 km. After then I turned to the left and walked 10 km. In the end, I was moving towards the North. From which direction did I start my journey?
Ex:The journey was started from the South.
15. Starting from the point X, Jayant walked 15 m towards west. He turned left and walked 20 m. He then turned left and walked 15 m. After this he turned to his right and walked 12 m. How far and in which directions is now Jayant from X?
A.32 m, South
B.47 m, East
C.42 m, North
D.27 m, South