Arunachal Pradesh PSC UDC Exam Paper
1. The first two words are related in a particular manner. Select the word from given choices which relates to the third one in the same manner? Pigeon: Peace:: White flag: ?
2. One morning after sunrise Ramu was standing facing a pole. The shadow of the pole fell exactly to his right. Which direction was he facing?
3. Find out the odd one from the given words:
4. The unit of measuring distance between the stars is called:
(A)Galactic unit I
(B)Cosmic kilometer I
(C)Stellar mi le
5. A gross misunderstanding has developed between you and your best friend. What can you do to keep the friendship going strong again?
(A)Take the advice of other friends
(B)Break the friendship since it is not worth keeping
(C)Hold free, frank and direct talks with the friend to know his/her own point of view
(D)Use pressure from elders
6. Diamond is chemically:
(A)a mixture of metal carbonate
(C)a pure form of sand
(D)a mixture of calcium and magnesium phosphate
7. Cooking gas is a mixture of:
(A)Carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide
(B)Butane and propane
(C)Methane and ethylene
(D)Carbon dioxide and oxygen
8. Natural rubber is a polymer of:
9. The substance most commonly used as a food preservative is:
10. The I C chips used in computers are made of :
11. Plants respire through:
12. Children of successful and well-to-do parents often do not perform well in studies. Why?
(A)Because parents are unable to give enough time and attention to their children
(B)Because the jobs of successful parents are very demanding in time and efforts
(C)Both A and B are correct.
(D)To stand rooted to the ground
13. The disease not transmitted by house-fly is:
14. The vast proportion of our body's, weight is made up of:
(D)Skins, tissues and organs
15. LSD stands for:
(B)Lanthanide series diatoms
(C)Lysergic acid diethylamide
(D)Low starch drugs
16. You have been caught red handed in an office, looking into a file marked 'strictly confidential. What will be your most reasonable action in the situation?
(A)To admit to the crime,
(B)To feel sheepish and embrassed
(C)To offer a logical alibi
(D)To stand rooted to the ground
17. Milk tastes sour when kept in the open for sometime due to the fonnation of
18. The widely used antibiotic, penicillin, is produced by:
19. No square of a number ends with:
(A)2,3,7 and 8
(B)3,5,6 and 8
(C)2,5,7 and 9
(D)2,3,7 and 9
20. The colour of cow's milk is slightly yellowish due to the presence of:
21. Soil nature is drastically altered by the application of:
22. Plant mushroom gets its food from
(A)dead and decaying plants
(C)eating small insects which come near to it
(D)the water we pour near it
23. Which compound is added to petrol to prevent engines from 'knocking'?
(C)Both (A) and (B)
(D)None of these
24. 216,221,231,246,266...... '
26. Mentionthe Article which gives a special statehood position to Jammu and Kashmir
27. Medha Padkar is a strong leader in the popular movement of:
28. Who was the Indian President declared the National Emergency in .1975?
(B)Fakkrudheen Ali Ahmed
(D)Gopal Swarup Pathak
29. Who is known as the Milk Man of India?
(C)Dr. M.S. Swaminathan
(D)Dr. Varghese Kurian
30. First Union Health Minister of India, she served as the Secretary of M.K. Gandhi in Vardha Monastery:
(A)Dr. Vijayalakshmi Pandit
(C)Rajkumari Amruth Kaur
31. Agenda 21 is related with:
32. Indian President can nominate 2 members of one community to the Lok Sabha, if they are not adequately represented. The community is:
33. Rajya Sabha members are elected by means of:
(A)First past the post system
(C)Single transferable vote system
34. The Defence Minister who resigned the post following an attack on Northern-Eastern borders of India by China in November 1962:
(A)V.K. Krishna Menon
(C)Lal Bahadur Sasthri
35. One of the following is not included in Writ: