Amdocs technical questions paper
1. All birds are animals. All animals are four legged. Implications
a. All animals which are four legged are birds.
b. All birds are four legged
c. Some birds are four legged
d. Some birds are animals but not four legged.
1. a and b 2. b and c 3. only b 4. only d
2. All fat people are not dancers, food loving people are all fat .Find the contradictory statement?
3. The day before yesterday was WEDNESDAY then the day after tomorrow is?
4. Mary's father's brother is Andrews Andrews daughter's son is Sunil Brothers name is Sam Who is Sam to Sunil?
5. If A>B,A<C,B>D,B<DFind the Shortest?
6. There are A,B techers and C,D doctors.Find the possible no of combinations that should not be repeated more than once?
7. There are 3 males and 2 females,find the possible no of orders that can be made by making the arrangement as in between two males one women is allowed to sit?
8. The syntax of command statement in UNIX 10. If the permission for a file is 000,then the file can be accessed by whom?
9. Where we can run two same programs on a UNIX console at the same time?
10. Which is the Shell of UNIX?
11. What is the number of the masked code ee@?
12. If we are terminated at the middle of the program execution in UNIX,what will happen to the program,it will (i) continue running
(iii)the o/p will be send to ur mail?
13. what is the command to connecto to remote terminals
14. what is the command to fetch first 10 records in a file
15. unix has the following features
16. We are UPDATING a field in SQL and ALTER the row also.After giving the COMMIT command the system is crashed.What will happen to the commands given,whether it will UPDATE and ALTER the table or not?
17. How will add additional conditions in SQL?
18. How will u print TATA alone from TATA POWER using string copy and concate commands in C?
19. If switch(n)
case 1:printf("CASE !");
What will be printed?
20. How will u divide two numbers in a MACRO?
Amdocs SQL Placcement papers with answers
1. float a=.7
case 1: printf("case 1");
case (2) : printf("default");
what will be output??
ans: it will be error since case(2) is not allowed
3. u have to store data on the system which command is used .....
(a)fread (b)fwrite (c)read (d)write
4. what is data dictionary
5. what is view.......
6. what is output of cal j 2005
7. In which message passing is fast .....options are
(a)pipe (b) message passing (c) message queue (d) memory sharing
ans : d
8. question on nice command that is how to change the priority
ans: change the priority of the process
9. context switching takes place....
a) kernel to user mode
b)user to user mode
c)kernel to kernel mode
d)one process to another process
10. what is the difference between dbms and rdbms options were given
11. u have a xwindow and u have to display clock on it then which command will be used??
12. what is fork..... and: to create a new process
13. cp xxx.txt edu
what will it do
ans: copy file xxx to directory edu.
14. if 4 represent as $** and 3 represent as *$$
based on it there were 4 questions....like
i) what is the value of $$$** + $**$*
in similar way rest of 3 questions
15. who provide the certificate
16. along with which hardware this is added...
17. where is security key retain
18. which algorithm is used to generate a key.....
19. to choose which two are similar in the given pattern....this type of four questions
I) i) 123456.876543 ii)123456.876943 iii) 123456.876543
(a)i & ii (b) i & iii (c) ii & iii (d)all are similar
20. main ()
printf ("%d", x);