Test Location : Adobe Noida
Two tests of Engineering and C or Java.
No of Questions C-10 Questions,Java-10 Questions
Time Limit : 45 Minutes
1 What is the difference between Char a[ ]=string and char *a=String
2 What is wrong with the code? The code was for conversion from Celsius to Fahrenheit degF =5/9*(c+32)
3 In code this line was wrong as we want 5/9 and that to be multiplied with bracket result. But here 9
4 Will be first multiplied with bracket result.
5 What are Data breakpoints? Give two scenarios where we make the use of this
6 What do you mean by Bit fields? Give example
7 Write the function for changing a number from hexadecimal to integer htoi(s
8 Compare two binary trees they are same or not.
9 You have N computers and [Ca, Cb] means a is connected to b and this connectivity is symmetric and transitive.
10 Then write a program which checks that all computers are interconnected and talk two each other
1 To find Depth of tree program. We were given the structure of the node using that we need to write the code.
2 In binary search we have two comparisons one for greater than and other for less than the mid value.
3 Optimize so that we need to check only once
4 Question was somewhat like we need to write the function so that we get the two dimensional array and memory is assigned to it using malloc function. Dont remember the question exactly. But this
was the only question in proper language
1. Binary search Tree was given. Find 4ths smallest element.
2. Some code in assembly was given and given five options. What is being calculated?
3. Represent (-5)10 in 2s complement representation in 8 bits
4. Expression was given. Draw tree and then find the postfix
5 Some commands in the assembly language were given. Then need to convert this code in assembly
For (i=0 ; i<=10 ; i++)
A=A+200;NOTE: NO Automata questions were asked. Good News!!!!
The engineering paper was totally based on the Data Structure, simple assembly programs
implementation and some simple algorithms related to data structures.
So read Arrays, Linked list, postfix prefixes in order post order etc.
1) Wap to reverse a linked list and sort the same.
2) Given two integers A & B. Determine how many bits required to convert A to B. Write a function int BitSwapReqd(int A, int B);
3) Write an algorithm to insert a node into sorted linked list. After inserting, the list must be sorted.
4) Without using /,% and * operators. write a function to divide a number by 3.itoa() function is available.
5) Wap to swap two integer pointers.
6) Write a funcn int round (float x) to round off a floating point num to int.
7) write an ALP to find sum of First n natural numbers using the following Instructions
LDA num ; load Accumulator with num
DCR R ; decrement Register R
INR R ; increment Register R
MOV x,y ; move the contents of register y into register x
JZ label ; jump to label if A=0
DJNZ label; Decrement & Jump if A <> 0
you can use B & C registers in addition to A register
8) Prove that a tree is BST. What is height of a tree?
9) Given A, B & C Boolean polynomials. Prove That (A+BC) = (A+B) (A+C)
1st LEVEL WRITTEN TEST FOR QA:
1. 15 min Logical Ability test: Simple syllogism based questions, sequence related questions, etc
2. 30 min Quantitative Aptitude test: Simple Arithmetic, angles, geometry, profit/loss, number system
There will be 15 questions for match the column
Mark A if column A is GREATER than column B
Mark B if column A is LESS than column B
Mark C if column A is = column B
Mark D if DATA IS INSUFFICIENT
There are very simple typical baron based
It was about the total mass of human body is 70,000 gms
There were two pie charts
Which tell the percentage of water in the food.
And the second one tells the which parts ,,something like that
1. what percentage of total mass does liver has
2.What is the ratio of bones to total mass
All the questions are simple ..
3. 45 min Testing concept test: 20 objective multiple choice questions like binary form of numbers,
virtual memory, loss compression, while loop, if-then-else, error codes.
1. WinZip is a
a. lossy compression
b. lossless Compression
2. output of 11000100 minus 2
3. Memory leakage is because of invariable not declared
b. variable not free.. like this 4 options were given
4. Virtual memory concept is related to
a. memory leakage
5.Regretion testing is defined as
a. testing the whole application
b.testing the different modules in the application
6. If the time is very limited for the testing then what would u test in the application.
a. run all the tests
b.look for the most used features in the application
c.go to the test plan and run the test based on the priority
I would suggest to go thru all the definition like what is regret ion testing .what is unit smoke.etc.
1 Test Case Writing questions: 10 test cases for entering 3 values representing sides of a triangle and
the program giving output as scalene, isosceles or equilateral (10 Marks)
1 Output of a calculator and finding the error in the output, write the defect log for the bug (5 Marks)
1 Ques on weather Dev should do the testing or not. Give 3 reason on favor and 2 against it. (5
1 Question diff between priority of a bug and severity of a bug. Give example of one case where
priority is high but severity is low and one case where severity is high bur priority is low.
1 Question on a program that calculates P=R/I where R, I are integer inputs and P a floating point
output. Write 10 test cases for this - 5 Marks.
2nd LEVEL INTERVIEW PROCESS FOR QA:
1. Software test: One hour Software test. U will be placed on a system with an application opened that is containing bugs in it. A reference doc will be provided where u will find the description of six
modules of the application. U have to find maximum number of bugs in those six modules given in the reference doc in one hour. Each module contains at least one bug. U will have to keep writing the bug
in a paper provided to u as u keep finding it with the time when u found it.
2. 5 rounds of Interviews each of approximately 1 hour.
1st will be by a Senior Team member level guy, focusing on everything from simple codes to find errors in them, writing simple algos, giving very simple puzzles, test cases for a marker, your projects,
about urself, etc. The guy will keep giving hints and help u to solve the problem. 2nd will be by a Manager level , based on your technical skills, puzzles to be solved on the whiteboard in front of him, algo to reverse a string using array, questions on your projects, test cases ofa duster, the projects u have mentioned in your CV. More of a question-answer based approach, not very interactive.
3rd will be by a senior HR on why Adobe, what keeps u going, where r u placed in your organization, all
HR questions and about your projects and Organizational levels.
4th will be by a Senior Team member level , focusing only on puzzles, lots of puzzles and scenario based test cases, like how to test an imaging application that removes the red eye affect from an
image, test cases of an VOIP phone. The guy will keep giving hints and help u to solve the problem.
5th will be by a Senior Team member level guy, focusing on problem solving approach, scenario based error investigation, like an attachment is not opening in outlook on a particular system, what all can
be the reasons. The guy will sort of discuss with u the problem and will try to find out the solution at the same time assessing ur problem solving skill. Then he will play a logical game, then some general
questions, test cases for a radio, something about Adobe etc.
Q1) linked list using recursion.
Q2) Find if a number is divisible my 3, without using %,/ or *. You can use atoi().
Q3) 2 integers A and B are given, find the no of bits that need to be flipped in A to get B. ( xor a and b and count the number of bits)
Q4) Write a Rotate function for rotating elements in an array, using a reverse function.
Q5) Given 2 sorted arrays A and B with duplicate elements, get C= A -B and does not have duplicates(use a variation of merging 2 arrays and then remove the duplicates.)
Q6) Some routines to swap int pointers.
Q7) Subtraction of 2 base 13 numbers.
Q8) Min and max nodes of a quad tree.
Q9) Prove that in a tree no of internal nodes is one less than leaves.
Q10) A couple of boolean logic proofs
Q11) Code to see if a binary tree is a BST or not.
Q12) Switch case program out put
Most of it had algorithms( no code)
Q1) Given an array with some repeating numbers. Like 12,6,5,12,6 output: 12,12,6,6,5
12 shud come before 6 since it is earlier in list. So cant use a dictionary.
Q2) Implement a dictionary manually with a lil overhead.
Q3)finding nth element from end in a list
Q4)inserting an element into a sorted linked list.
In the anal part many questions were based on the rule that square root of 25 is +5/-5. Not just 5.