WBPSC Solved Question Paper
1. Who is the chairman of NABARD?
(A) Prakash Bakshi
(B) C. Rangarajan
(C) C. B. Bhave
(D) None of the above
2. Monocot flowers and dicot flowers differ in
(A) Monocot flowers are larger than those of dicot
(B) Monocot flowers possess no smell
(C) Monocot flowers possess no nectaries
(D) Monocot flowers are not coloured
3. Who is known as the father of White Revolution in India
(A) Verghese Kurien
(B) M. S. Swaminathan
(C) P. G. Bantol
(D) Sam Pitroda
4. What is the maximum gap allowed between two parliamentary sessions?
A) Four months
B) Three months
C) Six months
D) Six weeks
5. Bhuban Shome is composed by
(C) Manik Bandyopadhyaya
6. Ions are formed from neutral atoms by
(A) gain of electron
(B) loss of electron
(C) loss or gain of electron
(D) sharing of electron
7. At first the income of a person is reduced by 50%. Then his income is increased by 50%. What is the percentage increase or decrease of his income?
(A) Decrease 25%
(B) Increase 25%
(C) Increase 75%
(D) No change
8. The Constituent Assembly was formed on the basis
(A) Cripps Mission, 1942
(B) Wavell Plans, 1945
(C) Cabinet Mission Plan, 1946
(D) Mountbatten Plan, 1947
9. How many silver medals did India win in London Olympics, 2012?
10. Adonais is written by
(A) Lord Tennyson
(B) P.B. Shelley
(C) Jhon Keats
(D) John Milton
11. Tick out the odd combination
(A) Cu, Ag, Au
(B) Na, K, Rb
(C) Zn, Cd, Hg
(D) F, Si, I
12. Which is the only union territory to have its own Court ?
(A) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
(B) Daman and Diu
13. Applying pulling force a string of rubber is increased by 40% and then force is withdrawn. What percentage of length is decreased to regain its original configuration?
(B) 34 %
(C) 32 %
14. Vanishing colour may be prepared by mixing pheolphthalein with
(A) carbon dioxide water
(B) sulphurous acid
(C) dilute solution of caustic soda
(D) dilute ammonia solution
15. Who wrote the Ain-i-Akbari?
(A) Abul Fazal
(D) Gulbadan Begum
16. What is the main function of the Finance Commission ?
(A) Reviewing of National Plan from time to time
(B) Distribution of revenues between Union and States
(C) Inquiring into and advising upon disputes arising between two States.
(D) Formulation of Plans for all round development
17. Which country does the present Pope Francis belong to ?
18. Who was the inspiration behind Young Bengal Movement ?
(A) Madhusudan Dutt
(B) Henry Louis Vivian Derozio
(C) Krishnamohan Baneijee
(D) Ramgopal Ghosh
19. Saturated hydrocarbons are termed paraffins because
(A) they are much less reactive
(B) they are highly reactive
(C) they are insoluble in water
(D) they are noncombustible
20. Why are Fundamental Rights different from Directive Principles?
(A) Fundamental Rights are not bindings upon States and its agencies
(B) Fundamental Rights are enforceable in Courts of Law and Directive Principles are not
(C) Directive Principles are enforceable in Courts of Law and Fundamental Rights are not
(D) Directive Principles are binding upon States
21. Mary Kom won the bronze medal in the London 2012 Olympics for which event ?
(A) Womens heavy weight Boxing
(B) Womens 60 kg freestyle Boxing
(C) Womens fly weight Boxing
(D) None of the above
22. Who is called Sher-i-Punjab ?
(A) Ranjit Singh
(B) Amar Singh
(C) Lala Lajpat Rai
(D) Bhagat Singh
23. Water gas is a mixture of
(A) CO, CH4 and C2H2
(B) CO, CO2 and methane
(C) CO and H2
(D) CO and N2
24. The words Secular and Socialist has been added to the Preamble by which amendment ?
(A) 45th amendment, 1980
(B) 42nd amendment, 1976
(C) 44th amendment, 1978
(D) 43rd amendment, 1977
25. The difference between the greatest and lowest numbers formed out of the four digits 8, 9, 0, 7 is
26. Kuchipudi dance originated in
(C) Andhra Pradesh
27. Jhelum is an important river of
(A) Jammu and Kashmir
28. Acid rains occur due to
(A) Presence of C02 in the atmosphere
(B) Presence of CO and CO2 in the atmosphere
(C) Presence of Ozone in the atmosphere
(D) Presence of S02 and S03 in the atmosphere
29. A, B and C gain Rs. 3,500/- from a joint stock business. If the ratio of the capitals of A and B be 5:2 and that of B and C be 3:2, determine As share in profit.
(A) Rs. 2,100/-
(B) Rs. 840/-
(C) Rs. 560/-
(D) Rs. 600/-
30. An A.C. machine is priced at Rs. 15,000/- and is Sold at a discount of 10%. There is a further off-season discount of 5% on the net amount. The customer pay
(A) Rs. 14,000/-
(B) Rs. 13,000/-
(C) Rs. 12,825/-
(D) Rs. 12,500/-