Hi, I am Satyadeo Thakur, (Metallurgical Engg.) from NIT Raipur.
I got selected in Vedanta Resources through campus interview at our college. I want to share my experience with u all.
Screening took place in four steps:
1. Tough Eligibility Criteria
2. Written Test
I would like to mention that all the four steps were used for elimination at our campus.
Total No. Of Eligible Candidates - 55
Selected from Written - 26
Selected from GD - 18
Final Selection - 15
Branches - Mechanical, Chemical, Electronics, Metallurgy and Electrical
1. The candidate must not have crossed 24 years of age as on 30 Sept, 09, for M.Tech – 26 years
2. The candidate must have achieved first class in his 10th and 12th with first attempt. No gap between 10th and 12th.
3. The candidate must have passed all subjects of BE in first attempt and should have secured 1st Division marks in his/her engineering. (Candidate should have no history of failure).
The degree by University should be in first class only.
4. The candidate should not have more than one-year gap between 12th and engineering.
5. 10+2+4 candidates only will be allowed (no diploma entry engineers)
One important thing about Vedanta is that they are very strict about their Eligibility Criteria.
They are not relaxing the criteria whatsoever. Pre-Placement Talk:
The session started with the PPT. It was of 25 minutes.
The PPT was followed by a written test. The PPT was very nice and informative.
The written exam was a set of 35 simple questions to be completed in 45 mins .You don't need to be an expert to solve these questions but time managment could be an important factor. Most of the questions were generally very time consuming. The questions were mainly from R.S. Aggrawal. Questions covered - average, problems on ages, percentage, profit & loss, problems on train, ratio, numbers, probability, chain rule, volume & surface area, series completion, coding & decoding, analogy(verbal), venn diagram and syllogism. Most of the candidates got eliminated in this round. The cut-off was near about 21 ( Not Sure). Also there was no negetive marking.
Group Discussion: We were surprised to know that GD was also an elimination round.
The topics given were:
1. Are developed/developing countries responsible for failure of Copenhagen Summit.
2. Are State Govt. / Central Govt. are responsible for rise in food price.
3. Should Central. Govt. provide subsidy to the private airport authorities for development.
We were give 10 min. to discuss on the topic and to come up with a logical conclusion.
This was the last round. The interview was mainly technical with just a few HR questions.
Questions asked were regarding basics on the repective fields. Each candidate was interviewed for around 30 minutes.
Finally 15 candidates got selected and I was one of them. I would suggest you to be CONFIDENT and just give your BEST!